Detroit Midtown Academy 2

Posted April 05, 2013
The shool will only improve if they get rid of the current principal, sp ed department, and revamp the board. The students are being treated so unfairly, that is if the school is still open; which it shouldn't be. I know the school both as a teacher who really cared but because I wouldn't act like the administration staff I was let go and as a parent whos children barely made it out. Thank goodness they had me who taught them the importance of going on to college and things would get better.

Posted March 13, 2012
Detroit Midtown Academy: The culture of the building is created by the leader. Therefore, the staff acts and performs as the leader allows which is unprofessional, unruly and vendictive. I would be very leary about sending my child to a school that allows the staff to act as negative role models for students.

Posted August 19, 2011
i dont like detroit midtown academy lot of bully and the kids be fighting the teachers, and in return, the teachers reward the bad students by giving them a treat, and putting them on the citizenship award!!!! thats insaine.

Posted August 17, 2011
Mr. Blanton comment is head on. They fire the teachers who really care and only keep the ones who will act as the administration does. The old administration was so much better. These students are our future but you couldn't tell it by this schools standards! How sad, it really started out with great potential to becoming a leading school for those that could not make it at DPS. I'm witness to some of the past students going on to college and really making something of themselves. It's the adminstration and not all of the teachers! The special education department is terrible and needs to be cleaned up starting at the top. The board needs to really see that and some of them need to be replaced.

Posted August 15, 2011
This is easily the worst school in Detroit. The fired from DPS principal gives her friends and family money for jobs and has "questionable" ties to members of the board. No teacher has ben there more than 3 years and the teachers are instructed to not give homework or zeroes. If you cant read, write and like to fight then DMA is the place for you. The honor roll awaits any one who shows up. Mr. Blanton

Posted June 30, 2011
dont like detroit midtown academy one of the teacher be put kids to geather they allow bulling and the good kids got see the socialwork and the bed kids dont got to see the socialwork

Detroit Midtown Academy 2

Posted June 06, 2011
As a parent of enrollees, you would have to stay on this school, they have what our children need and or the means of getting it for them. As a parent you're involved in what's going on with your child's education they may succeed at DMA or you'll notice before it's to late to save them and place them some where else. In my opinion the principle and most teachers are to involved in kids stuff as opposed to leading and teaching. Overall, they may be as good as any condersing the price tags their putting on our children bodies in a classroom instead of whats going in their heads. In my opinion, most of the staff is lazy, don't care and most reports to work for a pay check.

Detroit Midtown Academy 0

Posted April 27, 2010
I am very happy with DMA, my son has been going there since the 9th grade. I have received several calls from his teachers giving me a progress report on him. This was very encouraging to me. I also like the size of the classrooms, I think this allows for each child to receive individual attention if needed. The only negative thing that I can say about DMA is that my son never has any homework, is this the way high school is now? When I was in high school, I had homework. Overall DMA is a good school with very pleasant professional teachers.

Detroit Midtown Academy 5

Posted April 23, 2010
My son started 9th grade at Detroit Midtown Academy this year and it has been great. The school is just what I was looking for when I started searching. The teachers seem to really care. One called last week to tell me about a good test score he recieved. He seems really happy with the school and the friends he has made. But the big reason I brought my son is to give him the small class sizes. So far I am glad I brought my son to the school.

Detroit Midtown Academy 0

Posted February 25, 2010
I as a parent was very happy with the principal and staff how they helped my daughter and to ensure that she had the neccessary classes that would benefit my daughter i was very pleased!!! yes, i agree the school is in a odd neighborhood where it is located and the building from the outside is not the prettiest but come on the school is clean and maintained from the inside and where is your child majority of the day inside the buiding? Right! so, i would recommend this school to other parents because they do care about the children's academic success and for what that is worth that is want it all boils down to how the children succeed! :)

Contact Information

950 Selden St
Detroit, MI 48201

School website

Detroit Midtown Academy
950 Selden St, Detroit, MI  48201
Last modified Detroit Midtown Academy is a charter school
Detroit Midtown Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 33 reviews.