Warrendale Charter Academy 2

Posted January 17, 2014
I feel that Warrendale would be a better school if they had a principle that cared more about the children then just getting a pay check. Ms. Welch the principle, hardly ever return phone calls. And when you talk to her about incidents that happens with teachers or herself, she finds a way to blame the kids or the parents. This was a much better school before she got there. Most of all the kids that was there when she got there left and went to Premier academy. The principal at Premier was the assistant principal at Warrendale. It was a much better school when the principal at that time and him was there. There were good teachers like Mr. Monroe the math teacher, who found a way to make the kids enjoy math. He has since transferred, but he was there long before Ms. Welch got there. They still have some good teachers there but they are leaving by the handful. It could also have something to do with the talk about gangs in the school now, not sure. My prayer is that this school gets it together because a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Warrendale Charter Academy 1

Posted January 09, 2014
This school is the worst school in history. It may seem wonderful but when your child gets in 6th grade and up. Your going to her a lot of bad things wrong with this school. This school will give you taped up foods. Punctured foods and half cooked or old foods. The school is so bad that they get a new principle every year or two. This school has mice and rats and is very unsafe. Germs every where because desk and chairs and table are NEVER wiped down. Teachers threaten young children and older children. Anything bad you can think of. This school is lie juvinile. Or jail. The food is unhealthy and so is the school

Warrendale Charter Academy 2

Posted February 13, 2013
The principal mrs. harwood is the worst principle ever ms reed is mean ms woods is allful

Warrendale Charter Academy 3

Posted September 07, 2011
Warrendale has outstanding caring teachers. My sons were in third grade last year and they had their best year ever. Mr. T. went above and beyond for my boys. High teacher turnover suggests leadership or NHA problems.

Warrendale Charter Academy 3

Posted October 07, 2010
This is my children's first year at Warrendale and so far I like the school. The teachers, dean, and principal have been very helpful and understanding when it comes to my children's health issues. My children were in the hospital and the teachers called everyday to check and see how they were doing, and sent cards and goodies to cheer them up. I believe my children will excel and have a great learning experience and Warrendale Charter Academy!

Warrendale Charter Academy 5

Posted September 04, 2010
Wonderful things are happening at Warrendale this year. A strong focus is being placed on the individual student and the ways that they learn best. A positive discipline program is in place that will keep the students wanting to return to school each day. Workshop based learning will allow teachers to work in small groups with students while giving the children choices to learn independently as well as in small groups to keep them engaged. There are brand new textbooks and a wide variety of technology that exceeds area schools to bring children well into the 21st century. Students at Warrendale will become self-directed learners who will learn to meet and exceed grade level expectations not just at our school, but through high school. Warrendale students are college bound! We don't just capture their minds, we will capture their hearts and give them a love of

Warrendale Charter Academy 0

Posted December 11, 2009
Warrendale is a great school at the elementary level, but once the children reach middle school it's another world. Parents are really happy until their child(ren) reach this point. The school does not get the children It's nice tohear good things about a school, but it's also good to hear the truth. Why sugar coat it?

Warrendale Charter Academy 0

Posted December 03, 2009
My child had been at Warrendale for 2 years and I am proud to say that my child is doing a wonderful job. Her teachers have taught her so much that's its unbelievable. The teachers and the support staff are wonderful people. My only concern is the office staff. They do not make you feel welcome. It really would be nice to be greeted with a warm welcoming smile instead of attitude.

Warrendale Charter Academy 4

Posted November 23, 2009
I am a new parent to Warrendale Academy. Although I had my reservations about any school located in the Detroit area, I absolutely love Warrendale Academy. I am a mother and I have the gift for teaching and byfar Warrendale has went well beyond my expectations. The school is safe and clean. The teacher's are awesome! My daughter has learned so much in these few months that it's breathe taking. Mrs. Beaune has been a great part of my daughter's education. Not only does she build relationships with the children but she does with the parents. The only thing that I would like to see improvement on is more activities for the younger students with after school activities (science club, technology lab, cheerleading, girl scouts, dance, etc). Beside's that I am a proud parent of Warrendale Charter Academy!!

Warrendale Charter Academy 4

Posted October 26, 2009
I love Warrendale Academy. Although I am not happy about the children eating lunch in the class rooms, I can deal with that. My daughter has been on the honor roll since she began schooling at the age of 2. I would really like to see some honor classes at Warrendale, but my main and huge concern is my girls experiencing foriegn languagues before high school. This is the only concern that will cause me to seek another school for my girls.

Warrendale Charter Academy
19400 Sawyer Street, Detroit, MI  48228
Last modified Warrendale Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Warrendale Charter Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top