Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)

Warrendale Charter Academy 2

Posted April 14, 2016
I thought that Warrendale was a great school three years ago we left moved away then moved back, when I say things changed it was a 360 but not for the better. I have now a 8th, 3rd,and an kindergartener. My 3rd grader son had ADHD at times he gets emotional one of his CONS is he can't be still. Throughout the school year we have had issues. I always tell my kids the last thing you want to be known as is an bad kids, because no matter what you do or say your guilty, and that's exactly how he was treated. No matter what he tried to explain they always assumed he was guilty. There's a big difference between being a bad kid and being diagnosed with ADHD . There were times where my son was suspended for just being bad. I also tell them kids are gonna blame things on you, but you have to have self control. My baby was constantly bullied by a group of kids and the teacher always denied or overlooked the situations. He was jumped on by one child in another class she stomped him in the head they lied n said he hit his head like as if he did it on his own. They have it to where you can go online and monitor your Childrens progress, but they may show a few assignments and your child had an F but the semester consist of 8 weeks or more bout o my show 10 assignments? What's up with that? I have the dean and the teacher a few words of my mind. But then I received not one but two of the same letters from the principal now the dean and principal mr glass explains that my behavior was unacceptable, but they never addressed the things my son had been through.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 21, 2015
We focus on explicitly teaching these values to our students, as well as many others that will help develop them into successful adults.

Posted August 21, 2015
Warrendale's staff are passionate and love their students. They work extremely hard to provide high quality instruction in order to prepare their students to be successful.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 10, 2015
Warrendale is developing students that are honest, full of integrity and fair. You can definitely tell the culture is changing to an environment that really fosters this in their students. Students will be more prepared to be productive members of society equipped with these skills.

Posted June 10, 2015
Warrendale is a school on the rise. This year there has been a lot of changes, but it has been for the better. The students are respectful and the staff is there for the students. The future is bright at Warrendale

Posted June 10, 2015
The new leadership at Warrendale has changed the school completely. Students are succeeding while being taught more than just curriculum. Staff teaches to the whole child, including moral focus. Students are taught about respect & integrity. Warrendale has made many changes & I cannot wait to see how successful next school year will be!

Posted June 10, 2015
I feel the school is good because,for the past couple years I have been here they made really good changes and the changes that they have made has a pretty big impact on the school and me as a student. Second reason why I feel this school is good they are more like strict like not in a bad type of way they are helping us get ready to move on into high school and teach us the importance of life and that you are not going to get everything or everything is not going to go your way so if you go to work and you have a certain dress code and you say o well I forgot I'm sorry there just not going to be like ok that's ok there's going to be a consequent for what u have done like here at Warrendale if your not in your dress code you can get certain things or privileges taken away from you and that's not bad because this helps us prepare for the real world when we get older and get jobs of our own

Posted June 10, 2015
I feel as if this school is an excellent place for students to attend because they may make a good impact on people to act like young adults. By the time students reach eighth grade students may act more mature and made prepared for high school. This school is a good place to prepare you for the next level. Though the school is strict, as far as school uniforms, the school still has teachers to look up to. There is no teacher you can't talk to or receive help from if needed. This is why Warrendale Charter Academy is my recently favorite.

Posted June 10, 2015
We have a lot fun while learning at the same time. Mrs. Flowers is a great teacher who really cares about me. The principal is cool and always is fun at assemblies.

Posted June 10, 2015
This is my first year at Warrendale, and even in my short experience I can see that things are changing and the school is striving to improve in many ways. With consistency and a lot of love, WCA will be a fantastic environment for students and staff very soon.

19400 Sawyer Street, Detroit, MI  48228
Last modified Warrendale Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.