Palmer Park Preparatory Academy 2

Posted June 07, 2013
I am not a parent or staff member but I work with this school regularly. Its not one of my favorite schools to go to because the kids are all over the place and the office staff is rude. I have seen much better DPS schools than this one but the teachers I interact with a good.

Palmer Park Preparatory Academy 5

Posted November 29, 2012
I LOVE P3A!!!! Since my son has been at this school he has excelled greatly. The teachers and staff do everything in their power to make the environment friendly, fun, bully free and extremely educational. The Principle is so easy to talk to and really interacts with the parents well. She even has activities for the Honor roll children...free of charge.... to keep them motivated to do well. Last month she took them Skating and the semester before that was Lunch at McDonalds. Since attending my son has went from a 5th grade reading/comprehension level to an 8th grade level! He's currently in the 6th grade. He even tutors other student with Math and is apart of their TECH team. They also have the 21st century afterschool program, which gives children extra help with homework, some fun activites and a peer mentoring program. There's so much to do here and Im proud to be apart of P3A!

Palmer Park Preparatory Academy 4

Posted July 15, 2009
I have a fairly decent experience at this school. I find the pricipal to be somewhat friendly. Each time I had to deal with her it was very pleasent. My childs teacher is very good at her job and she is concerned about her students. I have noticed alot of parent participation during the school year.

Posted April 20, 2009

Posted April 15, 2009

Posted July 13, 2008

Posted May 31, 2007

Posted May 29, 2007
This is an awful elementary school. The principle walks around with a look of do not talk to me! She is not compassionate at all! She does not care when a parent is trying to explain things to her. The teachers that I've had contact with have no clue. My children's grades have drop dramatically since being enrolled in this school. I will be transferring them in the fall.

Posted September 05, 2006

Posted May 25, 2006
The principal is beyond dreadful, she makes everyone feel like an outsider when they come to the school to see about their children. My children's morale has gone down the toilet because the environment is so bad that a proper education is almost impossible. I am in the process of sending my children to another school IMMEDIATELY.

Palmer Park Preparatory Academy
3901 Margareta St, Detroit, MI  48221
Last modified Palmer Park Preparatory Academy is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palmer Park Preparatory Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.