Rutherford Winans Academy 1

Posted May 07, 2014
This school is terrible, to say the least ! They say that they have a zero tolerance policy, but my son is being bullied everyday they think if they did't see it it didn't happen , also he was assaulted twice and there was nothing done about it just excuses ! The teachers seem unexperienced and unable to deal with problems properly . If your child is being distracted by other students he is isolated from his piers, instead of addressing the problem. The Principal is dismissive a know it all and will not listen to reason, instead she believes that her staff is perfect and cannot make mistakes.

Rutherford Winans Academy 4

Posted November 12, 2009
My son started this school at the age of 3 shortly after we found was mildly autistic. He started in the speical Ed class room (ASD classroom) This school and this program has been the best thing for our family and has done wonders for my son. When he entered school he was barely verbal. Now he is talking nonstop and participates in conversation. He has learned social skills and is able to make friends. Everyday he tells me what he did in school and how much fun he had. He is now now getting ready for kindergartin and is expected to be transitioned into mainstream class by 1st grade. His teacher is wonderful and it has been the best experience working with her and watching my son learn and grow.

Rutherford Winans Academy 5

Posted October 30, 2009
All students are respected and expected to reach the goals set for them. It's a great place to learn and teach.

Rutherford Winans Academy 0

Posted May 29, 2009
This school is great pre-k through 2nd grade and then it spirals down hill, there are far too many inconsistant rules, class projects and other important matters. I am happy that my daughter is out of this school at the end of this school year!

Rutherford Winans Academy
16411 Curtis St, Detroit, MI  48235
Last modified Rutherford Winans Academy is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rutherford Winans Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews.