Michigan Technical Academy Elementary 1

Posted March 18, 2014
Irres ponsible staff members. Students are in danger at this school. I plan on taking my grandkids out of this school. The education is of no value and there is too much bullying in this school.

Michigan Technical Academy Elementary 2

Posted July 29, 2013
I taught at this school as a substitute teacher. Though the school has a nice "look" to it, the inside tells a different story. Teachers had to keep their purses locked up in their cars because someone, I don't think they found out who, was stealing money from the teachers. Even the kindergarten students were out of control. The kids love to have excitement but to the detriment of their studies. I remember one particular student who was in second grade and didn't know how to read. The administrators seemed okay but because it is a charter school, decisions are based on preserving the number of students so that funds will be redistributed the following year. I had one class where I taught, in May and the students hadn't opened their books in one subject all year long. Why? The teacher was stressed out because she couldn't control the class. Teachers at this school are, as is normal in charter schools, underpaid and overworked. A lot of students come from single-parent homes. I would suggest that the school pay their teachers a little more, or hire more male teachers and role models.

Posted April 16, 2013
This is a great school! My daughter and son attend here and we are so happy! There is a dynamic NEW PRINCIPAL -- the old one is gone -- who is focused on being the best, and the staff are fantastic. I could not be more satisfied. I think this will be the best school in Detroit in a couple of years. We won't be going anywhere else.

Michigan Technical Academy Elementary 1

Posted October 27, 2012
My children were enrolled in this school for a little over one semester. After about the first two months, I immediately began searching for a new school. Their teachers are negative (yelling at students). Their administrators lied to me on several occasions. Their communication notices are condecending to parents. I found this school to be very unfriendly and misleading...even a bit dangerous. Not a good place for children.

Michigan Technical Academy Elementary 4

Posted August 10, 2010
I like this school for my son, this will be his second year, he is an honor roll student now in 4th grade. The only thing I dont like about this school is they offer NO kind of award for the honor students, a little certificate or a sticker or pencil or something would really make a difference, and they always collecting for something, I would be happy to donate towards a little award program, rather than some of the other stuff they be collecting for!

Michigan Technical Academy Elementary 0

Posted October 20, 2008

Michigan Technical Academy Elementary 0

Posted October 06, 2008
My children have been with this school since 2nd grade. They are now in the 3 to 5 campus. They have been blessed to have great teachers and I absolutley love the leadership of the principle. She is very accessible and works hard for her students. I've only had one incident with a teacher and the matter was resolved immediately. The bar is not low for teacher expectations. Thus far, I am pleased with MTA.

Michigan Technical Academy Elementary 4

Posted September 03, 2008

Posted April 16, 2007
- a former student

Posted March 30, 2007
I really like this school. They're really coming along. The teachers are great! If my daughter has not turned in her work, her teacher will walk over to my car and let me know. They don't wait until the child is failing before they come and talk to you. The classes are small, and just perfect for my daughter. If there is a problem with her(no matter how small), they are able to alert me right away. They have choir, girl scouts, sports activities for the children to participate in. And I just found out, that they have free tutoring at the school! The school feels like a family to me. I love it!

Michigan Technical Academy Elementary
19940 Mansfield St, Detroit, MI  48235
Last modified Michigan Technical Academy Elementary is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Michigan Technical Academy Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.