Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

MTA does not completely be honest with all serious matters.Thier front desk help are i would say weird and seem to appear that they are afraid to voice their opinions and when they do they are stiff in the body .

My first concern is their is bullying in this charter school and second their security is,well..i have no words for it.Just fourty eight hours ago outside the school grounds where all the parents pick-up & drop-off thier children i am a victim of theft!! Yes i said theft and it all was on camera but for some odd reason i still do not have evidence of the camera footage..still waiting. However its fine and good,i made a police report and my child will not b attending MTA next semester. I feel violated and unsafe for me and my son.MTA's care for the children and the parents goes straight out the window.My main concern is why do i have to wait on a video footage??.Its ok,their reputation is not what it is.Please do not enroll your child here,there will b harsh surprises waiting for you later.I'm not a happy parent and its sad.

Irres ponsible staff members. Students are in danger at this school. I plan on taking my grandkids out of this school. The education is of no value and there is too much bullying in this school.

I taught at this school as a substitute teacher. Though the school has a nice "look" to it, the inside tells a different story. Teachers had to keep their purses locked up in their cars because someone, I don't think they found out who, was stealing money from the teachers. Even the kindergarten students were out of control. The kids love to have excitement but to the detriment of their studies. I remember one particular student who was in second grade and didn't know how to read. The administrators seemed okay but because it is a charter school, decisions are based on preserving the number of students so that funds will be redistributed the following year. I had one class where I taught, in May and the students hadn't opened their books in one subject all year long. Why? The teacher was stressed out because she couldn't control the class. Teachers at this school are, as is normal in charter schools, underpaid and overworked. A lot of students come from single-parent homes. I would suggest that the school pay their teachers a little more, or hire more male teachers and role models.

This is a great school! My daughter and son attend here and we are so happy! There is a dynamic NEW PRINCIPAL -- the old one is gone -- who is focused on being the best, and the staff are fantastic. I could not be more satisfied. I think this will be the best school in Detroit in a couple of years. We won't be going anywhere else.

My children were enrolled in this school for a little over one semester. After about the first two months, I immediately began searching for a new school. Their teachers are negative (yelling at students). Their administrators lied to me on several occasions. Their communication notices are condecending to parents. I found this school to be very unfriendly and misleading...even a bit dangerous. Not a good place for children.

ii was a student there it really hurt me when i had to leave i hope i can at lleast go back for 8th grade im geting a little depresed from leaving that school been away for to years i hope this wont be my third because i go to high school after that and mta stops at 8th no one understands how much that would kill me inside. I miss you MTA

I like this school for my son, this will be his second year, he is an honor roll student now in 4th grade. The only thing I dont like about this school is they offer NO kind of award for the honor students, a little certificate or a sticker or pencil or something would really make a difference, and they always collecting for something, I would be happy to donate towards a little award program, rather than some of the other stuff they be collecting for!

My children have been with this school since 2nd grade. They are now in the 3 to 5 campus. They have been blessed to have great teachers and I absolutley love the leadership of the principle. She is very accessible and works hard for her students. I've only had one incident with a teacher and the matter was resolved immediately. The bar is not low for teacher expectations. Thus far, I am pleased with MTA.

I really like this school. They're really coming along. The teachers are great! If my daughter has not turned in her work, her teacher will walk over to my car and let me know. They don't wait until the child is failing before they come and talk to you. The classes are small, and just perfect for my daughter. If there is a problem with her(no matter how small), they are able to alert me right away. They have choir, girl scouts, sports activities for the children to participate in. And I just found out, that they have free tutoring at the school! The school feels like a family to me. I love it!

Last modified Michigan Technical Academy Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.