George Crockett Consortium High School 1

Posted November 16, 2013
This school is the perfect embodiment of the saying, "You can't. judge a book by its cover". Housed in a new, spacious, building with all the modern conveniences, this facility will fool you with the first glance. The principal has an unprofessional manner which IS real because she does not know what is going on in her building or which decisions to make that are in the best interest of her students. The staff is patiently waiting for the next opening in the suburbs and spends the best part of the day writing referrals. The student body appears to have no home support. There is an average of 5 students who actually come to learn. learn. However, it is the undisciplined group who has the support and support ofmmmmmmPrincipal English and her '"goons". Politics is. clearly the priority, not education - a sad situation and poor excuse for any type of school. The only thing this school is preparing anyone for is a life of failure.

George Crockett Consortium High School 5

Posted May 30, 2011
As a graduate of Consortium, I am very pleased with the education and life lessons I've learned. Consortium played a vital role in my college career, the lessons they thought remain with me. Consortium is an amazing school to send students, so they can get a well rounded education and excel in life.

George Crockett Consortium High School 2

Posted June 01, 2009
I feel this school is unorganized because they do not have a specific plan on what they are going to do or their expectations. Also ccphs is very focus on uniform and making money. Ccphs is not focus on the students education. I think the teachers are not qualified to teach high school and the school needs to get new teachers. I also don t recommended ccphs to ANYBODY in the world to go here. it is too bad im stuck here!..... and hte only reason i rated ccphs 2 stars because the block schedule which im AGAINST!

Posted December 14, 2008
I am currently a consortium student and i do admit that i like the fact the school does make sure that everyone graduates and gets expcepted into college. I have been in consortium since middle school and and what i dont like is the fact that even though it has good intentions its still focuses more on uniform than anything else. Students this year are getting suspended daily and its not just one or two students its six and up. I understand that it is important as student that we should learn to dress properly when we go out into the world or on a job interview. But seriously who is going to look and determine whether you get a job or not because of the color of your socks or the color of your tie. Things like like take away from the learning but otherwise its a ok school.

Posted December 03, 2008
consortium is mostly focused on uniform than more on education. consortium students needs a new school. It also neem more sports,

Posted October 23, 2008
I have a child in the DPS system and 1 here at CCPHS. Both systems have problems. I do like the excellent graduation rate. What I do not like about CCPHS is that they focus so hard on the uniform, and it will make you often wonder about where is the focus on the learning. I understand they have to be in uniform, but if someone has on a belt and because the buckle may not be centered properly is no reason for a write up, 'Give ME A Break!'

George Crockett Consortium High School 1

Posted May 27, 2008
I understand people want this school to appear as if it is so excellent, but it is not. there is more emphasis placed on everything except for the actual education there. the standards are lowered for the students so they can perform better and when they still perform badly grades have been changed to make them satisfactory, who is that really helping? you have to be in the classrooms and see what is really going on in order to rate this school. compare this school to a real college preparatory highschool and you will see the difference immediately. however CCPHS does have excellent teaching staff its just the office that is corrupting the school.

George Crockett Consortium High School 5

Posted May 21, 2008
I wholeheartedly agree with the previous parental reviewers. DPS should take note on how this school is run. The emphasis of the school seems to be always on responsibilty and education. I find it interesting that the last review of this school was given by and 'expelled' student. I admire CCPHS for holding their standards high and eventually expelling students who simply can not follow the rules, no matter how 'simplistic' they are. This school is for any parent seeking a private school quality education for their child.

Posted May 01, 2008
My name is Tre' Loren Webb. Im currently a sophmore at Consortium. Unfortunately I was recently expelled for fihgting. Honestly, I fell that expellsion was a bit over board for my actions. Their have been previuos incidents where punishment was not nearly as sevre as in my case. Along with my opposistion to some of Consortium's disciplinary actions, I feel as if our uniform is moren of a concern then our education. In the 2 years I've attended Consortium, there have been numerous adjustments to the way our uniforms are supposed to be worn. This includes everything from not having white sicks or no socks (girls) to having 1 white stripe in your navy blue tie. These are just a few examples of Consortium's 'ridiculous rules'. I would not recommend Consortium to anyone that is looking for a high school that is solely based on educating the students.

George Crockett Consortium High School 2

Posted February 06, 2008
Im a student at CCPHS. Personally i like last year because we had less students and were being taught better. I love it when im greeted into CCPHS. They stress to much on the uniform and not enough on the education. I would recommend consortium for safety and a small school if thats the type of school you want. I do feel safe when im there

George Crockett Consortium High School
4366 Military St, Detroit, MI  48216
Last modified George Crockett Consortium High School is a Charter school
George Crockett Consortium High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.