Public charter
Detroit, MI

Voyageur Consortium High School 2

Posted March 29, 2014
I do not recommend you to send your child or relative to this school. I currently attend CCPHS and since we've moved to a bigger building, our school has had a big turn around, academically, and when it comes to caring for the us students. There isn't any type of control within the classrooms or the school itself at all. There are more fights more than ever and teachers are coming in late as if they do not have a class to teach. There are teachers quitting left and right which leaves us students to either have substitute teacher or no teachers at that. The graduating percentage for this year is very very low.

Posted March 26, 2010
My Son is a Senior who graduates this year and I am concerned whether or not this school has truly prepared him for college. When taking his entrance Math Exam for college, half the stuff on the test was never taught at Consortium. They present a great picture of how they are preparing kids for College, but the truth is all graduating Seniors of Consortium are worlds behind and might find college very challenging their first year. I regret putting my Son in this school and would advise other parents not to make the same mistake.

Posted September 21, 2009
I am Consortium Alumni. I do not recommend anyone's child to attend this school. Although there are some very intelligent teachers there, the administration often hinders the full potential of teacher-student interaction and educational development due to awkward prioritizing. Then, they cut honors courses. The successful 'look' is more important than how the students are actually doing. My graduating class was only 97 and the average ACT score was 16. They made sure we all got accepted to a college but they did not make sure we were truly prepared, which is ironic. Now that I am in college I realized that i started off already behind!!!!!!! And its not just me, many other alumni agree.

Posted October 06, 2008
This school is great because it is small and the teachers care about the students. The students receive more one on one than other schools. The graduation rate is high and also the college acceptance rate. The salutatorian was accepted to John Hopkins and received a full scholarship.

Voyageur Consortium High School 1

Posted June 30, 2008
The school emphasizes standardised testing over critical thinking and creativity. The sum of my kid's education was a miscellany of worksheets, crossword puzzles, multiple-choice tests, and short essays where grammar was more important than content and style. There are no advanced courses, art classes. There is a dearth of extracurricular activities and sports as well (no football, soccer, baseball teams and track and field was cut). The high point of the school are dedicated teachers -- many of whom have, or are in the process of leaving. If you just want your kid to graduate from high school and nothing more, enroll him or her in CCPHS. But if he or she has post-graduate aspirations, enjoys learning or learns best under a challenging, engaging environment look elsewhere.

Voyageur Consortium High School 4

Posted May 30, 2008
I think parents need to realize that this is a charter school. While it is not perfect it does offer the safe environment and teachers who care. If you want an Art class and that is what is important, go to the YMCA or sign your student up through the community programs offered in every city. We use to have an Art Club but it was cancelled due to lack of participation and support.

Voyageur Consortium High School 3

Posted May 03, 2008

Posted March 05, 2008
I must admit I am highly disappointed with putting my Son in Consortium. They do not offer an Art Class other than performing arts, sports program is very limited. I have tried on several occassisions to speak with Mr. Atkins the principal, but it is obvious He feels his time is better spent trying to service the middle school (Voyager) than the children at the high school level. I am making every attempt to remove my son after his 2nd year of school.

Voyageur Consortium High School 3

Posted June 29, 2007

Voyageur Consortium High School 4

Posted March 09, 2006

Voyageur Consortium High School
4366 Military Street, Detroit, MI  48210
Last modified Voyageur Consortium High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Voyageur Consortium High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top