Posted November 17, 2013
Detroit Merit Academy is a school of excellence. The administrative staff is easily accessible. The teachers are caring and understanding of all the students. The student have the opportunity to learn through real world experiences, field trips, in-school programs, after school tutoring and extra-curricular activities. DMA even has the best Latch-Key program around. Latch-Key provides the students the time to build life-long friendships that are often hard to establish during the school hours and instructional time. DMA faces one challenge. DMA needs a physical education facility. They have a great physical education teacher (Ms. Riley) but she faces challenges with implementing her program because she doesn't have a gym. Ms. Riley makes sure all of her students receive the proper hours of movement and large motor activities with the space she has but her program could really be GREAT if she had a gym.

Posted November 14, 2013
High school placement starts in 6th grade ensuring that over 95% of the graduaring 8th graders go to the high school of their choice, including the best high schools in the Detroit Metro area.

Detroit Merit Charter Academy 1

Posted November 10, 2013
Not good lunch your kid will take a long time to leave teachers really good plus Ms. Dennhy she's like really really

Posted October 31, 2013
Detroit Merit is a place where high expectations are continually set for students and staff alike. This is my second year teaching at DMA and I already feel like I am part of the family here, and take pride in what I am able to teach my students, and in turn what I learn from them, and my colleagues each day!

Posted October 31, 2013
you should know that you can get into this school for free.Also,if you work afternoons,there is a after school program. there is also a surve that lets you benifit your childs learning.please,if you care about your childs learning,go to detroit merit charter academy

Posted October 31, 2013
My son has attended Detroit Merit Charter Academy since young 5's and he has continue to surpass his goals in every area. I absolutely love this school.

Posted October 31, 2013
Most of the teachers at Detroit Merit Charter Academy are extremely dedicated and never seem to mind answering questions and providing additional help when needed. I remain impressed that the faculty/staff/administrators really seem to know the kids personally and take a great interest in their success. While nothing is perfect I find that if I ask the staff is more than willing to help or give information when they can. They are professionals and I love that!

Posted October 31, 2013
Detroit Merit Academy has to be one of the best schools on the east side of Detroit. I find the staff to be approachable and cooperative with issues that derive, those academically and disciplinary. Mrs. Martin has a great way of reaching out to the parents through title one meetings, "Coffee with the principal" and weekly Sunday messages. I would recommend DMA to anyone because its staff has a great way of keeping the students balanced. Music is a great enhancement to the school. Mr. Phillips encourages my daughter to play the violin. My daugher is currently in the proficient class. There's lots of great things to speak about. After school clubs and tutoring classes are a great way to increase student success and engagement. However, a school gym and lunchroom is greatly need. I have an older daughter who is a DMA graduate. DMA prepared her for high school, she scored very high on the catholic school placement and was admitted to Regina High School based on her academic standing. I support DMA and encourage my daughter to display respect and integrity, which this school prides itself on. Again, DMA is a great school and I would refer this school to everyone.

Posted October 30, 2013
This is my daughter's fifth year at DMA. We absolutely love the school and she continues to surpass her goals. The teaching staff is exemplary! Ms. Cleveland and Ms. Morris are the most helpful administration on the planet, they help every student in the school and know them by first name. Overall this school is like a family. I would recommend any parent to bring their children to DMA to receive a first class education! Hands down Detroit Merit Academy is the BEST school in Detroit.

Posted October 30, 2013
My school is the best because at DMA we have great teachers. I think all of the other kids should come to my school to see what it is like here. At DMA they teach us new things every day, that is why I think you should come too.IT IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE!

Detroit Merit Charter Academy
1091 Alter Road, Detroit, MI  48215
Last modified Detroit Merit Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Detroit Merit Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top