Bad
Good

This is a great school my son have learned so much here. There are two teachers in a class to better well help educate your child. Also The Speech Teacher here at Detroit Merit Academy is the best she truly have help my son with his speech plus she is very dedicated to helping a child achieve there goals.

Two teacher per class....my child is flourishing here.....best school in my area hands down! I highly recommended Thais school

Detroit Merit Academy is a school of excellence. The administrative staff is easily accessible. The teachers are caring and understanding of all the students. The student have the opportunity to learn through real world experiences, field trips, in-school programs, after school tutoring and extra-curricular activities. DMA even has the best Latch-Key program around. Latch-Key provides the students the time to build life-long friendships that are often hard to establish during the school hours and instructional time. DMA faces one challenge. DMA needs a physical education facility. They have a great physical education teacher (Ms. Riley) but she faces challenges with implementing her program because she doesn't have a gym. Ms. Riley makes sure all of her students receive the proper hours of movement and large motor activities with the space she has but her program could really be GREAT if she had a gym.

High school placement starts in 6th grade ensuring that over 95% of the graduaring 8th graders go to the high school of their choice, including the best high schools in the Detroit Metro area.

Not good lunch your kid will take a long time to leave teachers really good plus Ms. Dennhy she's like really really

Detroit Merit is a place where high expectations are continually set for students and staff alike. This is my second year teaching at DMA and I already feel like I am part of the family here, and take pride in what I am able to teach my students, and in turn what I learn from them, and my colleagues each day!

you should know that you can get into this school for free.Also,if you work afternoons,there is a after school program. there is also a surve that lets you benifit your childs learning.please,if you care about your childs learning,go to detroit merit charter academy

My son has attended Detroit Merit Charter Academy since young 5's and he has continue to surpass his goals in every area. I absolutely love this school.

Most of the teachers at Detroit Merit Charter Academy are extremely dedicated and never seem to mind answering questions and providing additional help when needed. I remain impressed that the faculty/staff/administrators really seem to know the kids personally and take a great interest in their success. While nothing is perfect I find that if I ask the staff is more than willing to help or give information when they can. They are professionals and I love that!

Detroit Merit Academy has to be one of the best schools on the east side of Detroit. I find the staff to be approachable and cooperative with issues that derive, those academically and disciplinary. Mrs. Martin has a great way of reaching out to the parents through title one meetings, "Coffee with the principal" and weekly Sunday messages. I would recommend DMA to anyone because its staff has a great way of keeping the students balanced. Music is a great enhancement to the school. Mr. Phillips encourages my daughter to play the violin. My daugher is currently in the proficient class. There's lots of great things to speak about. After school clubs and tutoring classes are a great way to increase student success and engagement. However, a school gym and lunchroom is greatly need. I have an older daughter who is a DMA graduate. DMA prepared her for high school, she scored very high on the catholic school placement and was admitted to Regina High School based on her academic standing. I support DMA and encourage my daughter to display respect and integrity, which this school prides itself on. Again, DMA is a great school and I would refer this school to everyone.

Last modified Detroit Merit Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.