Posted November 18, 2011
I love this school and the teachers and the staff. amazing school so much learning experiences for my children.

Posted November 18, 2011
My kids enjoy the school. They feel safe and i feel safe sending them there. They are learning a lot more than in their previous school. The staff is friendly and the school has a lot of new books and many other materials that the kids bring home to supplement learning. I love the school.

Posted July 06, 2011
I worked at the elementary school as a Resource Room teacher a few years ago. During that time, I provided all my own materials. I felt as if I was a one woman show and would have liked to connect more with teachers and management. I felt very close to the children and tried to give them my very best. However, I know with better materials(sequential/phonics) I would have had more of a chance for successs. Being older and wiser, I wonder what it would be like to teach there again. I would of course expect a certain amount of support from management. All the best to the families and children.

Posted May 03, 2011
My daughter goes there..Very bad communication Teachers are trying but they said they are not supported by the management or the board. Curriculum is not challenging at all. This is will be the last year I am sending my child there. It is just disappointing new teachers, new staff every year

Posted May 03, 2011
Yes, a small school...but no effort of improvement. The school does not offer any AP and Honors classes. It does not have any (Speech and Debate) program. The school does not offer any athletics program, or clubs that you can join. My child as said lately they even canceled all the field trips. They are not hiring a quality teachers or staff.

Posted January 28, 2009

Posted June 10, 2008
I truly feel that our students are very well behaved and that our teachers are constantly learning new school improvement strategies. We all comunicate with each other on a very high level. Everyone is respected and no child is left behind.

Posted September 21, 2007
My daughters went there last year. I was very disappointed. The teachers were good but the principal showed no consistency or organization at all. She is the reason I decided not to send my daughters back this year. I'm very happy with their new school. I wish I would have never sent them to Oakland International Academy.

Posted September 11, 2007

Posted September 11, 2007

Oakland International Academy - Elementary
4001 Miller Street, Detroit, MI  48211
Last modified Oakland International Academy - Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades 2-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakland International Academy - Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top