Public charter
Detroit, MI

Posted November 18, 2011
I love this school and the teachers and the staff. amazing school so much learning experiences for my children.

Posted November 18, 2011
My kids enjoy the school. They feel safe and i feel safe sending them there. They are learning a lot more than in their previous school. The staff is friendly and the school has a lot of new books and many other materials that the kids bring home to supplement learning. I love the school.

Oakland International Academy - Elementary 2

Posted July 06, 2011
I worked at the elementary school as a Resource Room teacher a few years ago. During that time, I provided all my own materials. I felt as if I was a one woman show and would have liked to connect more with teachers and management. I felt very close to the children and tried to give them my very best. However, I know with better materials(sequential/phonics) I would have had more of a chance for successs. Being older and wiser, I wonder what it would be like to teach there again. I would of course expect a certain amount of support from management. All the best to the families and children.

Posted May 03, 2011
My daughter goes there..Very bad communication Teachers are trying but they said they are not supported by the management or the board. Curriculum is not challenging at all. This is will be the last year I am sending my child there. It is just disappointing new teachers, new staff every year

Posted May 03, 2011
Yes, a small school...but no effort of improvement. The school does not offer any AP and Honors classes. It does not have any (Speech and Debate) program. The school does not offer any athletics program, or clubs that you can join. My child as said lately they even canceled all the field trips. They are not hiring a quality teachers or staff.

Posted June 10, 2008
I truly feel that our students are very well behaved and that our teachers are constantly learning new school improvement strategies. We all comunicate with each other on a very high level. Everyone is respected and no child is left behind.

Posted September 21, 2007
My daughters went there last year. I was very disappointed. The teachers were good but the principal showed no consistency or organization at all. She is the reason I decided not to send my daughters back this year. I'm very happy with their new school. I wish I would have never sent them to Oakland International Academy.

Oakland International Academy - Elementary 2

Posted April 26, 2007
The school is good, my daughter is doing excellent with her teachers.....the downfall is the parking situation. The student pick-up area is very disorganized. The only reason my child is in this school is because we are new to the area and I couldn't get them into the school that I wanted to until the next school year.

Posted February 22, 2007
I am a parent of 3 children in this school. I am very satisfied with OIA's work. It is a loving and organized place which puts children first. It is a small school but the quality of education there is the same or better when compared to bigger schools. My daughter is a second grader now and she is going to be an OIA graduate. I will never move my children to any other school. An OIA proud parent

Posted February 22, 2007
Sorry Mr. Ahmed' assuming this is your real name' Oakland International Academy is a great school for children. The staff and management company utilize every effort possible to serve students on all levels, academically, culturally, and socially. I am one of a 325 satisfied parents who trust their children to the highly qualified and skilled staff and dedicated management company of OIA. They provide different services for my kids to help them improve. I am very satisfied with the increase of MEAP scores of my 3 children and it is all because of the high-quality and the loving environment that OIA provides. Thank you Oakland International Academy

Oakland International Academy - Elementary
4001 Miller Street, Detroit, MI  48211
Last modified Oakland International Academy - Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades 2-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakland International Academy - Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top