Bad
Good

Posted September 17, 2009
ii am a student at jpa i Love the school the teachers and the outdinqs the teachers teach on point

Joy Preparatory Academy 5

Posted May 30, 2009
I love everything about this school the staff is on point they work hard to make sure the children are understanding what they are working on. I can say that my son is a honor roll student has always been but he has behavior issues but the staff works with him to make sure he gets what he needs as far as having a bright future they cater to informing him to get it together and most teachers won't do that. They have the things that your child needs to achieve a good eduction. I for Dps charter whatever my child need to succeed in life it's not about charter vs Dps it's the learning that is what they are about

Joy Preparatory Academy 1

Posted August 28, 2008
This school is bad. There is no library, no gym, music, computers, art, or any types of books for the students to use. students are in a classroom all day with no extra curricular activities to go to during the day. Test scores are bad. Office staff is unfriendly and won't help.

Joy Preparatory Academy 5

Posted February 17, 2008
I was in 7th grade there and every thing was excelent I reall enjoyed going there. I had really bad grades at my old school but when I got to Joy prep I became an honer roll student. The teachers break everything down into particles when you can understand and gives various examples.

Posted January 18, 2006
I am very upset with this school. I came in on January 18 to pick up my niece and I was greeted by office staff laughing out loud not assisting me when standing there for several minutes a bunch of kids in the hallway picking fights with people calling each other bad names and the uniform policy was not great at all. I referred my sister to this school and I called and told her to take both of her kids out and find another school. The learning is great but the kids and the staff are out of control they should be in DPS with the do nothings. I didn't intend for her to have to go through this. My nephew gets picked on by other students everyday because of these kids who don't want to learn. Kids running in and out of other classes hitting other students.

Joy Preparatory Academy 1

Posted January 10, 2006
My son has attended this school since grade 3. JPA was a school I was proud of but things has changed a lot. In the 3 years JPA has been at the Dexter campus. There has been 3 new principals and new teachers every year. From his 4th to 5th grade years the adminstration, teachers and support staff had changed 100%. The School is not stable! My son is in 6th grade and has had 4 teachers (one of which was and uncertified teacher from a temp. agency). There are some extracurricular activites but the academic program (which I believe is more important) is something left to be desired.

15055 Dexter Avenue, Detroit, MI  48238
Last modified Joy Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 3-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.