Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=4351+marseilles+st,detroit,mi+48224&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=vt5yfkmp6n3gi32obnxrpmqwdu4=

Giving Tree Montessori School

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Giving Tree Montessori School 4410402 5

Posted July 02, 2013
My kids spent 3 yrs at the Giving Tree Montessori. This is a great school. The teachers & administration care about the kids. Ms. Carol, who runs the school is just amazing. She ensures the school is a loving, safe environment that definitely promotes learning. I am amazed at what my kids have learned. My daughter did 2 yrs preschool and just finished her K year, all with Ms. Maria. My son did 1 yr in the toddler rm and 2 yrs with Ms.Sally in preschool. The two teachers have entirely different personalities, but both were GOOD teachers & a GREAT fit for my kids. Ms. Dora in the aftercare rm was so patient with the kids. She's the kind of person all working parents would want their kids with. She kept the rm running like an extension of the preschool with a relaxed, fun atmosphere. I am heartbroken that the school no longer goes beyond the K grade as I would have loved for my son to stay there to get the same K my daughter got. The location is great if you live in East....but I know one parent who drove from Southfield everyday. Its worth the commute. I'm sad to leave but happy about the great educational foundation the school provided. This is a MUST see school, check it out.

Giving Tree Montessori School 4221347 5

Posted August 29, 2012
Giving Tree Montessori is a great school! I am so happy with the Montessori approach - the kids are guided with a firm & fair hand. Any concerns I had about Montessori being too unstructured were quickly erased after seeing the results. The teachers are very experienced and are fantastic with the kids. My daughter has spent 2 years at their pre-school and is about to start kindergarten. She can't wait to go back to school. She is starting to sound out words to read, she writes well, does basic math, is starting to speak Spanish and knows more than I do about several areas of science! All of this before she even starts kindergarten! The school is located at the intersection of Rivard & Mack bordering Grosse Pointe, but I wonder if some people don't realize it is in the Grosse Pointe area due to its Detroit address? Regardless, I consistently run into people who tell me their kids went to Giving Tree 5, 10, or 20 years ago and they all still have fantastic things to say about the school!

Giving Tree Montessori School 4367430 5

Posted October 28, 2010
Such a great hidden gem. My daughter is learning so much in the short time she's been a student at The Giving Tree Montessori. The teachers and staff are outstanding. The open door policy is great. I am able to watch the interaction in the classroom inconspicuously. She loves going to school each and every day and I am thankful for that.

Giving Tree Montessori School 2926712 0

Posted March 25, 2008

Giving Tree Montessori School 2619060 5

Posted October 06, 2007

Giving Tree Montessori School 2589699 5

Posted September 19, 2007
We could not be happier with the level of attention and stimulation our child has received at Giving Tree. The teachers are firm but gentle, consistent, and cooperative. The parents at the school seem very involved and we would recommend it to anyone who asks.

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Giving Tree Montessori School
4351 Marseilles St, Detroit, MI  48224
Giving Tree Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.