Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I feel like the school's solutions for children that may be a little more active than others is by far a challenge and the experience in this area shows ( there is nothing wrong either I've had hike checked). I do everything that I am suppose to do home wise but school wise I definitely don't get the support that I need. I get phone calls everyday regarding the most simplest things instead of ways that they are working with my child to correct them. It make you as a parent think that you are not doing your job when actually you are entrusting in them as a major part of your child life and the child is not actually getting that other half. My son will not be re-enrolling as I cannot properly address the concerns that my son does as they are normal things that a kid would do. 2 or 3 things done wrong in a day and that's a phone call home. The chances that we given makes no sense and I've sat and observed and lack of compassion and the caring that the teachers once had so kids can feel disappointed or that they should turn their attention elsewhere. Should have know when I asked the teacher in our PTA meeting why was the social studies and science grade so low and what can we do to work on it and she couldn't tell me. Office staff very pleasant but teaching wise is negative.

Great school... Awesome teachers!!!! All my nieces and nephews go here and love it. They are all on honor roll

I took my child out of Detroit Enterprise because of lack of support from teachers, due to lack of experience on their parts, social skills need improvement and favortism towards certain student should not be blantanly obvious

this an excellent school to go to if you want your Superior Education

The performance of this school is steadily decreasing under it's current staff and leadership. Most of the teaching staff are relatively new to teaching, and that lack of experience shows.

This year is my son's first year at the school. The work is challenging and I see the growth in my son academically. However the staff (ALL) not just the teachers need to be more friendly towards the parents/guardians and maybe more parents would be willing to volunteer. It is true parents need to be more involved with their children's studies but if a teacher or staff member is not supportive or copperative to you as a parent you tend to stand back in hopes of keeping the peace for the child's sake. The school would be much better if the staff members had better SOCIAL SKILLS. Academically I give it 2 thumbs up!!!

I am very pleased with DEA. I transfered him from CPA. The work at DEA is very challenging. They also have extra afterschool activities. They really want parent involvement,which I think is great! It is a small school,which I am glad about. The staff is very professional and the teachers are great.

This school is the best my daughter will be in the first grade and her teacher Ms. Miller was an great teacher keep up the good work D.E.A

Overall this school has great potential. As with any other school leadership is key and they are making strides to improve -no one school is perfect! This is our second year and my husband is quite involved even to the point of leading the Cub Scout Troop. Although, our level of expectation is high, it is our hope to see DEA succeed and reach its fullest potential. My husband and I are committed to doing all we can to help them reach this goal. Parental involvement is low, but the PTO has tried various tactics to recruit. For some reason parents do not want to play as active roll in their child's education as they think they do otherwise they would show up; and not just show up when they have a gripe or some special event.

Detroit Enterprise is a wonderful charter school. My son is a former student of DEA and when he transferred into the suburban school in our area, they immediately started to test him for entry into their gifted program. DEA is a great school, regardless of the score on this website.

Last modified Detroit Enterprise Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.