Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Detroit Premier Academy 2

Posted April 21, 2016
As far as the teaching goes, it's great, I liked Mr. Gabowitz my daughter 3rd grade teacher and Ms.Williams.....don't expect your children to come in the school in the SNOW ,RAIN, hail, sleet or any inclement weather...it could be -10 degree outside and you'll see ALL the teachers and a lunch aide with his kids SAFE AND SOUND inside the school and the poor students outside freezing.. NOT COOL!!! I have called in and even spoke with the principal and had board meeting NO CHANGE...

Detroit Premier Academy 4

Posted February 19, 2015
I am very pleased with Detroit Premier Academy. This is my children's first year in the school, but my son that failed 2nd grade at his previous school, is now excelling. My daughter is doing wonderfully in 1st grade! I appreciate the time that is taken with my children by both of their teachers.

Posted October 19, 2014
They very poor academic wise with children they don't want to have a meeting about your child's progress until it's to late to make a change. It's as if here's your child's grade deal with it. No help at all send your child here at your own risk!!!!

Posted September 12, 2013
Wow, I have never been to a school where you can feel the love! The principal is dedicated and hard-working. I saw him serving lunch, cleaning out in the front of the building, directing traffic!!! Man, he really cares!!!!

Posted September 11, 2013
My school is the best school ever. The reason way i say my school is the best is because the teachers care about you for every thing that you need help they will help you out no matter what you are doing.so that is way i think my school it that best

Posted June 11, 2013
This school has very unprofessional staff from the principal to the lunch staff. They talk the talk of praising your kings and queens they may teach them great academics, customer service skills are lacking.

Posted May 03, 2013
Detroit Premier Academy is a wonderful school. I took my brother out of Detroit Pubilc Schools and brought him to this school. The principal at Detroit Premier Academy is excellent, because he talks to the students and keep them inline.

Posted June 21, 2012
I taught at this school. It was a total mess from a staffing and administrative standpoint. It was a joke...and very sad to see that this is pretty much the best that Detroit can offer as far as an education is concerned. Leaving this school was a complete blessing for my career.

Posted April 02, 2011
Hello my children currently attend this school and I am very upset how the some of the staff does not care about the students and do not take responsbility for any wrong that they do. It is always the parents or students problems. And out of 78 8th grades only 32 are passing. But Ms.Qasem is the best teacher there and Ms. Thomas is second.

Posted October 19, 2010
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! I have four children in this school. One in K, 2nd, fourth, and sixth grade. Their principle is a very hardworking young man that I have never seen before. My children have been to different schools in the past. The difference is clear. I will recommend Detroit Premier Academy to any body. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

Detroit Premier Academy
7781 Asbury Park, Detroit, MI  48228
Last modified Detroit Premier Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.