Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=7781+asbury+park,detroit,mi+48228&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=nj1thfpmcunrpmctutnmbloi9pk=

Detroit Premier Academy

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Detroit Premier Academy 5126374 5

Posted September 12, 2013
Wow, I have never been to a school where you can feel the love! The principal is dedicated and hard-working. I saw him serving lunch, cleaning out in the front of the building, directing traffic!!! Man, he really cares!!!!

Detroit Premier Academy 5287802 5

Posted September 11, 2013
My school is the best school ever. The reason way i say my school is the best is because the teachers care about you for every thing that you need help they will help you out no matter what you are doing.so that is way i think my school it that best

Detroit Premier Academy 5162585 1

Posted June 11, 2013
This school has very unprofessional staff from the principal to the lunch staff. They talk the talk of praising your kings and queens they may teach them great academics, customer service skills are lacking.

Detroit Premier Academy 5123069 5

Posted May 03, 2013
Detroit Premier Academy is a wonderful school. I took my brother out of Detroit Pubilc Schools and brought him to this school. The principal at Detroit Premier Academy is excellent, because he talks to the students and keep them inline.

Detroit Premier Academy 4830789 1

Posted June 21, 2012
I taught at this school. It was a total mess from a staffing and administrative standpoint. It was a joke...and very sad to see that this is pretty much the best that Detroit can offer as far as an education is concerned. Leaving this school was a complete blessing for my career.

Detroit Premier Academy 4504530 1

Posted April 02, 2011
Hello my children currently attend this school and I am very upset how the some of the staff does not care about the students and do not take responsbility for any wrong that they do. It is always the parents or students problems. And out of 78 8th grades only 32 are passing. But Ms.Qasem is the best teacher there and Ms. Thomas is second.

Detroit Premier Academy 4358065 5

Posted October 19, 2010
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! I have four children in this school. One in K, 2nd, fourth, and sixth grade. Their principle is a very hardworking young man that I have never seen before. My children have been to different schools in the past. The difference is clear. I will recommend Detroit Premier Academy to any body. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

Detroit Premier Academy 4234892 3

Posted July 10, 2010
I have two children that attend this school, First Grade and Kindergarten. Pros: The Teachers are caring and try their best to make sure that the students are meeting their academic goals. Even in Kindergarten, the children are taking standardized test, the NAEP test. Cons: Very little extra curricular activities for the elementary children. Also, leadership among the teachers is stronger than the leadership among the Principal(s).

Detroit Premier Academy 4239899 1

Posted July 03, 2010
I was very disappointed in this school. I found there was very little control in the class room. I think the teachers needed to be nuturing and promote a good healthy learning environmnet but instead the classroom was full of mayham and foolishness and I removed my child. I would not reccommend this school.

Detroit Premier Academy 3440869 0

Posted February 15, 2010
the staff is friendly. both my first grader and grade k children have improved academically since matriculation. But not enough diversity and / or extracurricular activities

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Detroit Premier Academy
7781 Asbury Park, Detroit, MI  48228
Detroit Premier Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.