Posted February 13, 2014
This school is not good. It's not even most of the teachers fault, it's the students. They talk to much. I'm in the 8th grade and this is my last year here and I couldn't be more happier. I've been at this school since Kindergarten and i have never seen people disrespectful to teachers ever. The school is barely suspending people. I'm supposed to he in the higher learning class and a lot of my class acts like Kindergartners and the good ones like myself have to get punished for it as a class. Parents stay away.

Old Redford Academy - Middle 2

Posted March 22, 2013
I began teaching at ORAMS after the start of the current academic school year. I will say that it has been a very trying experience. I received little to no support and/or resources to effectively do my job, which was to educate the students. The administration as a whole seemed uninterested in providing any support whether it was that of academic or in handling the disruptive behaviors of students in the classroom. Unfortunately I could no longer continue to work in such an uncomfortable and scrutinizing environment. It is sad that the administration had such little concern in supporting its teachers, especially those who teach in critical areas the students are lacking in competency. No wonder the teacher turn-over rate is so high...

Old Redford Academy - Middle 5

Posted July 30, 2012
This school is strict, but the academics are very good. My child is receiving a very quality education.

Posted September 08, 2011
I left a good job in a public school to teach here, under the pretense that they were an academy based on a disciplined model. It is not. While they have very clearly defined code of conduct, it is not adhered to. The environment was often times one of chaos and anarchy. *** When I told my Principal that we were losing one of my very best students next year, due to the chaos in the school, she replied that she was "o.k with that". So, understand that the school will sacrifice its best students for the sake of hanging onto its most disruptive ones.*** When a student was finally referred to the Deans (only after exhaustive efforts to get them to correct their behavior and untold wasted time in parent contact), it turns into a litigation... a trial of sorts... pitting the teacher and student. Many here (Administrators, Parents, and students) will look for any opportunity to pin the responsibility of student behavior back onto the teacher. During my one year at this school, I personally saw 6-8 certified teachers leave the middle school, alone. This school is more about the revenue stream than it is about education. Sorry.

Posted February 18, 2010

Posted December 15, 2009
I enrolled my child in this school after he'd attended a Blue Ribbon school out state for years. Academically, this school is phenominal...VERY impressive. The school is clean, has adequate supplies and diversity in it's staff. The teachers are very helpful at keeping parents informed and up to date. My ONLY complaint is the zero tolerance policy! Frankly it's unreasonable on this age group (High School I can understand). Even though my child was on the Deans list the minute there was an incident I was advised of the policy in such a manner it made me feel there was no concern for either of the kids involved! I was very disappointed by this and irrate I might add! I was not offered any information on how to keep up with his studies either! The message it sends is 'We will give up on you'! Not good! I am not happyw

Posted June 01, 2009
I am very disappointed with Old Redfrord Academy, Their zero tolerance is ridiculous. They suspend your children for the sillest things. I really would not recommend this school. Some of their rules are just crazy!

Old Redford Academy - Middle 4

Posted February 05, 2009

Old Redford Academy - Middle 5

Posted November 13, 2008

Posted June 08, 2008

Old Redford Academy - Middle
17226 Redford Avenue, Detroit, MI  48235
Last modified Old Redford Academy - Middle is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Old Redford Academy - Middle Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.