Bad
Good

Develops character: Agree

Sometimes I feel that the students are suspended for silly things that could very well be solved without missing the importance of recieving their education.

My children have been in ORA Elem for the year of 2015-16 and it has been a great experience. I feel that the teachers are great and work with you to stay on top of things and make sure that they are academically ready for the next grade level or above that as well. I love the uniforms and the strict policy that carries along with it and I have no intentions on changing schools any time soon:)

This school is not good. It's not even most of the teachers fault, it's the students. They talk to much. I'm in the 8th grade and this is my last year here and I couldn't be more happier. I've been at this school since Kindergarten and i have never seen people disrespectful to teachers ever. The school is barely suspending people. I'm supposed to he in the higher learning class and a lot of my class acts like Kindergartners and the good ones like myself have to get punished for it as a class. Parents stay away.

I began teaching at ORAMS after the start of the current academic school year. I will say that it has been a very trying experience. I received little to no support and/or resources to effectively do my job, which was to educate the students. The administration as a whole seemed uninterested in providing any support whether it was that of academic or in handling the disruptive behaviors of students in the classroom. Unfortunately I could no longer continue to work in such an uncomfortable and scrutinizing environment. It is sad that the administration had such little concern in supporting its teachers, especially those who teach in critical areas the students are lacking in competency. No wonder the teacher turn-over rate is so high...

This school is strict, but the academics are very good. My child is receiving a very quality education.

I left a good job in a public school to teach here, under the pretense that they were an academy based on a disciplined model. It is not. While they have very clearly defined code of conduct, it is not adhered to. The environment was often times one of chaos and anarchy. *** When I told my Principal that we were losing one of my very best students next year, due to the chaos in the school, she replied that she was "o.k with that". So, understand that the school will sacrifice its best students for the sake of hanging onto its most disruptive ones.*** When a student was finally referred to the Deans (only after exhaustive efforts to get them to correct their behavior and untold wasted time in parent contact), it turns into a litigation... a trial of sorts... pitting the teacher and student. Many here (Administrators, Parents, and students) will look for any opportunity to pin the responsibility of student behavior back onto the teacher. During my one year at this school, I personally saw 6-8 certified teachers leave the middle school, alone. This school is more about the revenue stream than it is about education. Sorry.

I enrolled my child in this school after he'd attended a Blue Ribbon school out state for years. Academically, this school is phenominal...VERY impressive. The school is clean, has adequate supplies and diversity in it's staff. The teachers are very helpful at keeping parents informed and up to date. My ONLY complaint is the zero tolerance policy! Frankly it's unreasonable on this age group (High School I can understand). Even though my child was on the Deans list the minute there was an incident I was advised of the policy in such a manner it made me feel there was no concern for either of the kids involved! I was very disappointed by this and irrate I might add! I was not offered any information on how to keep up with his studies either! The message it sends is 'We will give up on you'! Not good! I am not happyw

I am very disappointed with Old Redfrord Academy, Their zero tolerance is ridiculous. They suspend your children for the sillest things. I really would not recommend this school. Some of their rules are just crazy!

My daughter has attened ORA since 2nd grade. I didnt have problems with school until 7th grade I so glad this her last year at this school. I not sending her to the High school and I think parents should do the same. I dont feel the Teachers care for the students and like all the parents stated all care about students getting kicked out school for silly matters. I never would thought that Middle School would be this bad. My daughter stated to that all the staff does is gossip about what other students has done. What is that showing of children.

My child has been a student at ORA since the 1st grade and enrolling her in the middle school was a big mistake. In my opinion, the facility do not care about the students education. They are more concerned about passing out detentions and suspending students. My child complains that the work is not challenging enough and she is not learning anything. And lets not talk about the MEAP scores. I have nothing positive to say about this school and this is my child's last semster there. If you are considering ORA, please look at their MEAP scores. The scores speaks for themselves.

Last modified Old Redford Academy - Middle is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.