Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Hello! I would like to say that this school Flagship Charter Academy was not my first choice. Reasons were, bad kids in the neighborhood and if it wasn't you than the school that was here only went up to the fifth grade. A friend mention to me about letting my son Shea go here, i said no at first but then changed my mind. Now that Shea Stephens has been attending here at Flagship Charter Academy, his grade has improved. The teachers and staff at FCA are wonderful. Also there has incidents at FCA but were handled professionally. This is all I know because I haven't had the time to know more, meaning work and being able to attend any functions that go on at the school. I know if I have any questions that you will be able to answer them. Another thing FCA is just around the corner from us and convenience plays a major part in my decision. Thank you!!!

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

The way the school handled my son being bullied, I was not satisfied. Teachers don't give students a chance to tell their side of their story or don't find out who did or done things. More staff need to be outside when school is dismiss. My son was jumped on and got kicked.

Supports LD students: Agree

I haven't witness this yet, but I'm sure its good

Effective school leaders: Agree

no comment that's all I have to say

Develops character: Neutral

Not all the are this way. I think that people (Police, etc) should be brought up to the school to talk to these kids to let them know not to bully, etc.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

They show them the most possible (possible, understanding) way of learning.

Amount of homework: Agree

without homework, kids won't be able to practice learning any material that is given to them.

Flagship is excellent for learning. My sons teachers has been the best as far as patience and learning. My only concern is the activities (extra-curriculum) they have nothing. They had karate a few years ago, but removed it. Here it is March they have not been on a single field trip. I understand school is for learning but Flagship gives them nothing to look forward to besides free dress and they have to pay a dollar for that. Everything they have you have to pay for and a dollar isn't much but I want to pay for field trips, dances, or after school activies that last longer then an hour!

Overall Flagship has been the best school choice for my children since we have moved back to MI. It can be challenging at times when I don't agree with the way they handle certain situations but at the end of the day I know that the Principle, Dean and teachers have my children as well as all of the students best interest at hand. It takes a village to rise a child and I am happy that Flagship Charter Academy Staff is apart of my children's village.

The teachers are great and Flagship takes good care of my child.

Last modified Flagship Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.