Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=13661+wisconsin+street,detroit,mi+48238&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=tgk8bmb1f5dnvs8jeben5in10wi=

Flagship Charter Academy

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Flagship Charter Academy 4735111 5

Posted September 12, 2012
My child went to school. The only reason I took her out was due to moving. The principal is very good and understands very well what is needed. She needs more parent and I did not see that much. When there were meetings monthly, Coffee with the Principal, which discuss different issues and concerns from both Mrs. Bell and the parents, alot was solved. If you dont support Parent Teacher Committees, dont expect to get any results from issue you may have, because it takes a village to raise a child! Period.

Flagship Charter Academy 4831330 1

Posted June 21, 2012
This is a horrible school. The principal does not have any understanding of what she is doing or age appropriate content. She is unprofessional. This school is about as closest thing to a jail a child could experience.

Flagship Charter Academy 4769325 3

Posted March 27, 2012
My son currently attends FCA n he will not be attending next year 2012-2013. I think his teacher(s), staff, and the challenging curriculum is GREAT but the many drawbacks that my husband I decided not for him to return are: 1) The school does not offer latchkey, 2) there are no afterschool activities for elementary students..when the original website indicated that they provided many activities but when I asked I was told that FCA only concentrates on academics now ???, 3) my son eats his lunch in his classroom daily and not in a lunchroom, 4) MOST of the kids are unruly and disrespectful DAILY because of lack of supervision afterschool, 5) my son is not allowed to celebrate his birthday at school, and 6) he has not went on one field trip, participated in a science fair, dances. or etc. In my opinion to make sure a child is well rounded a school needs to provide more than academics it should also include team sports, art, drama, karate, cub/boy/girl scouts, and choir.

Flagship Charter Academy 4767058 1

Posted March 23, 2012
As a former teacher at this school, I can say, I would never send my child to a NHA school. The quality of education is completely subpar to a public education, even DPS. Administration has little classroom experience (can you imagine the last time you had a principal in their late twenties or thirties), most of which do not even have highly qualified status (as per NCLB). Educators are trained to re-program students into robots, in literal "factory style fashion." Focus is placed on how the building looks and not how it is run. I have sat in on staff meetings where the administration has belittled and used vulgar language directed to the staff. There is no constructive criticism or praise of any kind. Students are expected to act as machines. Their day is comprised entirely of routine. They don't learn the social skills or problem-solving abilities necessary to transition into adulthood. Children eat in the classroom and recess is restricted to second-grade and below. I have sat in on Professional Developments that actually used a "profit chain" when comparing test scores. NHA is a company that profits by pocketing teacher salaries and student resources.

Flagship Charter Academy 4355736 1

Posted October 17, 2010
I would be cautious about this school if you are applying as a teacher or sending your child. It is not developmentally appropriate for the lower grades. There is a very high turnover of teachers each year. They have not asked some great teachers back. Detroit wants highly qualitfied teachers, but then when they get qualified teachers they say you don't fit with our philosophy. The principal does not realize what she has lost in many staff members and as stated by one student, she is loosing great students by the sounds of it!

Flagship Charter Academy 4242069 1

Posted July 06, 2010
flagship charter academy is the most disrespectfull school i have ever attened .its fulll of nothing but drama. and hatred.u will get suspended just for chewing gumand for not having your blazer or tie on for the upper grades. some teachers there care and others just there for the paycheck.the princepal never in her office and the assistant principal got her head on her shoulders to much so i recommend that you dont ever send youre child here unless your ready to deal with alot of D-R-A-M-A

Flagship Charter Academy 4238173 5

Posted June 30, 2010
I went there since it opened and They want you to suceed I won't forget anyone from that school.

Flagship Charter Academy 4094996 0

Posted March 18, 2010

Flagship Charter Academy 3864588 5

Posted October 02, 2009

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Flagship Charter Academy
13661 Wisconsin Street, Detroit, MI  48238
Flagship Charter Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.