Posted September 05, 2012
OIA is one of the worst schools I have ever seen. I moved my daughter there she was a great student once she enter OIA the school told us her academic grade level is below so they moved her back a grade. My daughter went to this school and didn't learn anything. I've tried complaining to the school admission and still they blame everything on the child. Once I moved her she went up back to her great grades. All the teachers in the school are still learners. Most of them are still going to OIA to train there. Once they start doing great they move to better schools. At the end the student is the one losing time that can't be replaced. I'm asking if there are any parents out there that care about their child's education I encourage you to look for a better school. Honestly I know many parents that have already moved their children from there. So if you plan on applying for your child to go to OIA think again.

Posted February 15, 2012
Honestly this school is the worst school ever! My brother went there all of his highschool and when he went to college he had to do ESL classes again. He said he wasn't the only OIA student that had to take ESL classes again in college. Many students did. My brother recommended that my sister, brothers and i don't finish our school there. I left it and enrolled in a different school about 4 years ago. My younger brothers and my friends are still enrolled in it and thats how i know that the school is getting worse and worse every year. My father is thinking of enrolling my brothers in a different school. My youngest is 9 years old and he can't even read good. In my school they would say that he is a kintergardener. I highly recommend Homeschool for Highschoolers or a school like SouthGate Virtual Academy, or a school in Livonia. They are great schools and they have a great schooladminstration unlike OIA's. GOOD LUCK to those enrolled in it:(

Posted February 14, 2012
I really don't recommend to take your child to this school. This school care more about money and not education, by looking to the school scores you will know what I'm talking about.

Posted November 18, 2011
All my children have gone to this school for 5 years now. 2 have graduated high school. They work hard with kids and make sure they fulfill all their fullest potential. Other kids around us dont have the great opportunity we are offered at this school. The building is new and very nice, the staff is the best.

Posted May 08, 2009
Super school and terrific teachers

Posted December 08, 2008
Great school. My daughter has learned so much in sixth grade. I am so glad I have chosen to send her there!

Posted February 03, 2008

Contact Information

8228 Conant St
Detroit, MI 48211

Oakland International Academy-Middle/High
8228 Conant St, Detroit, MI  48211
Last modified Oakland International Academy-Middle/High is a charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakland International Academy-Middle/High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.