Bad
Good

No issues. I'm involved with my child and I make sure I do my part at home and in the classroom.

High teacher turnover, ineffective teachers in lower elementary Mark Murray, silent lunches, lack of respect for student creativity, students who fail to assimilate are ostracized. Officials tout on schools success from 10 years ago. "Do not judge a book by its cover." This campus was a former parking lot renovated into a school. Students only flourish if their innate talents are nurtured, challenged, and supported by highly qualified educators.

I have read a couple of the reviews above and can t disagree enough. Yes this was a fine school 10 years ago when they first started their K-12. My Son first started in 2005 and is now in 9th grade. I have a Grandson in first grade in UPA Ellen Thomson Elementary School and have found that the Administration is not what it once was. Their attitude of shoot from the hip before getting all of the facts is causing a lot of frustration among the parents. Their habit of throwing in a half day once a month causes a parent to schedule time off of work. This was not the practice years ago. As one of the posts earlier mentioned the dead-end road child pick up at the end of the day is pure chaos. Parents and returning Administrators with an entitled mine set just makes it look like a scene out of the old west. Needless to say my grandson will not be returning, it s a shame, it was once a fine school.

my son been at the school since 1st grade they name along with writing report on your child continue education ,but letter grades are incorporated into the report now !! .Always be your child advocate stay involve and the teachers always response quick for any concerns. My son enjoys the staff,students and activities.

My child started UPA this year and I have to say that I am very impressed. The teachers really care about the children as a whole and as individuals. They work with your child where they are and encourage them along the way. My child transitioned out of a totally different style of learning and I was worried about how she would mesh with the school's culture. The teacher put me at ease and our experience has been nothing short of stellar. I would totally recommend the school and I am proud to be a UPA parent. This school is truly a gem.

My children attend this school and absolutely love it! I was a little concerned about the "no grades" policy initially; however, I feel my children are learning and are competing against themselves. I see growth and maturity in them. The principal is great and my children like going to school.

My son and I love this school. He is currently in the 1st grade and has been with this campus since they opened in 2008. They have a unique program in which elementary students keep the same teacher for 2 years, allowing them to bond with their instructor and allowing the instructor to get to know the child and assess their needs. They also have a latch key program and after school activities.

I am a parent and I myself love UPA. The teachers and the administrative team are wonderful and helpful. I decided to put my two little men in UPA after noticing that my son could not get any help from the teacher at his former school because the class was too large. The experience was awful the teacher there told me that I needed to get him tested for ADHD which really angered me especially when she could not or did not have time to help him. It was very overwhelming for him and for the teacher to say the least. Now he loves school and his teacher! He has been excelling up and beyond my expectations.

Best behaved students, core teaching method and interest in the individual student

Last modified University Preparatory Academy (PSAD) Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.