University Preparatory Academy (PSAD) Elementary 5

Posted February 06, 2012
My child started UPA this year and I have to say that I am very impressed. The teachers really care about the children as a whole and as individuals. They work with your child where they are and encourage them along the way. My child transitioned out of a totally different style of learning and I was worried about how she would mesh with the school's culture. The teacher put me at ease and our experience has been nothing short of stellar. I would totally recommend the school and I am proud to be a UPA parent. This school is truly a gem.

University Preparatory Academy (PSAD) Elementary 4

Posted June 24, 2010
My children attend this school and absolutely love it! I was a little concerned about the "no grades" policy initially; however, I feel my children are learning and are competing against themselves. I see growth and maturity in them. The principal is great and my children like going to school.

University Preparatory Academy (PSAD) Elementary 4

Posted April 06, 2010
My son and I love this school. He is currently in the 1st grade and has been with this campus since they opened in 2008. They have a unique program in which elementary students keep the same teacher for 2 years, allowing them to bond with their instructor and allowing the instructor to get to know the child and assess their needs. They also have a latch key program and after school activities.

University Preparatory Academy (PSAD) Elementary 0

Posted January 05, 2010
I am a parent and I myself love UPA. The teachers and the administrative team are wonderful and helpful. I decided to put my two little men in UPA after noticing that my son could not get any help from the teacher at his former school because the class was too large. The experience was awful the teacher there told me that I needed to get him tested for ADHD which really angered me especially when she could not or did not have time to help him. It was very overwhelming for him and for the teacher to say the least. Now he loves school and his teacher! He has been excelling up and beyond my expectations.

University Preparatory Academy (PSAD) Elementary 0

Posted October 20, 2009
Best behaved students, core teaching method and interest in the individual student

University Preparatory Academy (PSAD) Elementary
435 Amsterdam Street, Detroit, MI  48202
Last modified University Preparatory Academy (PSAD) Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
University Preparatory Academy (PSAD) Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.