School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

This is in response to the parent who had a concern about discipline. I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concern. My name is Carolyn Brown, and I am the new Principal at Lincoln-King Academy. The safety of our students is of the utmost concern, and I apologize that the situation was handled in a way that was unsatisfactory to you. We stress the importance of making sure all children are in school and class, where they learn not just academic material but also about the character traits we work hard to instill in our students. Please know that we work hard to proactively deal with any situations or conflict that occur. As the new principal of the Lincoln-King Academy, I would be happy to discuss any remaining concerns with you. Please contact (313) 862-2352 if you would like to meet. Again, thank you for sharing your story with us.
December 05, 2012

Bad
Good

Posted October 20, 2014
Hello. My child has been a student at LKA since preschool. She is now in the fourth grade. I have referred my family and friends to allow their children to attend this excellent school. I now have a two children,a niece, a nephew, two cousins that attend there. I love that they say the pledge of allegiance in the morning like i did as a child. I would have given the school 5 stars but the after school activities has not started yet and its almost the end of the year. Previous years the activities started when school started and i loved that. They as also had more to choose from in the previous years. My children looked forward to their after school activities when school started and so did I.

Posted October 17, 2014
It is a excellent school the staff teachers are so nice and helpful they are very organized a great school for your kids and my son loves it there.

Posted October 17, 2014
My son has been attending this school for 2 years, so far so good. No complaints.

Posted October 16, 2014
Lincoln King Academy is a very great school is very will perform was great performance from teachers students the activities that they have for students are great Lincoln King Academy has a lot to offer to your to child

Posted October 15, 2014
We love Lincoln-king academy! This is a wonderful place to learn academics and character. Go cornerstone charters

Posted October 15, 2014
Keep up the good work staff and teachers. Everyone is talking about the improvement. The culture at the school is great the student are learning more.i

Posted October 15, 2014
This is the first school that has offered my son a challenge. I am thankful for this opportunity.

Posted September 28, 2014
I've been impressed by the wonderful new team at LKA as they create a wonderful learning culture! Mrs. Brown has really done a great job getting the team all working together. We look forward to seeing all the wonderful results for the students in 2015!

Posted September 21, 2014
This school has an amazing culture. From the moment you walk through the door you are treated with respect, and you know that the children are being educated with love. I think this is what all parents want from a school.

Lincoln-King Academy 1

Posted October 02, 2013
I am angry to say the least. My grandson was struck in the lip and right about now, come tomorrow the school BETTER HAVE ANSWERS as to why his mother was not informed that he was bleeding.

Lincoln-King Academy
13436 Grove Street, Detroit, MI  48235
Last modified Lincoln-King Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.