School principal icon 130x130 072214

School Official Point of View

This is in response to the parent who had a concern about discipline. I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concern. My name is Carolyn Brown, and I am the new Principal at Lincoln-King Academy. The safety of our students is of the utmost concern, and I apologize that the situation was handled in a way that was unsatisfactory to you. We stress the importance of making sure all children are in school and class, where they learn not just academic material but also about the character traits we work hard to instill in our students. Please know that we work hard to proactively deal with any situations or conflict that occur. As the new principal of the Lincoln-King Academy, I would be happy to discuss any remaining concerns with you. Please contact (313) 862-2352 if you would like to meet. Again, thank you for sharing your story with us.
December 5, 2012

Lincoln-King Academy 1

Posted October 02, 2013
I am angry to say the least. My grandson was struck in the lip and right about now, come tomorrow the school BETTER HAVE ANSWERS as to why his mother was not informed that he was bleeding.

Lincoln-King Academy 5

Posted September 23, 2013
My children have been attending LKA since the 2013 school year and I am pleased to say that they are enjoying their experience with their teachers and LKA in general. I am also confident because Ms. Hardy is still a part of LKA. I was hoping that she would have my daughter in a class that she assist in. Looking forward to seeing improvements as the school year progress!

Lincoln-King Academy 2

Posted August 31, 2013
I recently enrolled my 4th grade daughter.So, far I am NOT pleased with the order the students have in the hallway prior to class starting and after school. I think the students are out of control and does not have any supervision. The principal and teacher's presence are not there. I am afraid that alot of problems will eventually occur due to the OUT of control socializing in the hallways. Students have social media and alot of other devices for social negative and IF given the opportunity to engage in it school (over socializing and hang out) on the school premises is NOT health. As a parent, I stay with my daughter until she is in the class and arrive in time for a prompt pick-up in hopes that she will NOT be expose to the out of control hallway environment. Ms. Brown, you need to get order the the hallways asap.In addition, I wish the teaher were a little more friendier. I am a very active parent who is involved in my child's education, therefore, working with an approachable teacher would be nice. I will continue to provide updates on this school throughout the school year. I think all parents should be involved with feedback to help better the schoo l for OUR children.

Lincoln-King Academy 5

Posted August 17, 2013
my children is not in the disrict is there any way that you guys can let them attend lincoln middle school contact me at 313 523 7619 thank you guys

Lincoln-King Academy 2

Posted July 26, 2013
I currently went to this school and I do not approve of it. This school challenges students more than any school, but this school does not have their things together. Middle school student are completely out of control and my teacher recommended me and my parents I go to another school. There are mostly no field trips to explore things and some students are just out of control and act like they have no home training. My dad didn't like this school and I didn't either so I do not attend this school anymore, but I hope for the best for this school!

Posted June 08, 2013
The quality of education my son has received , who has been at the school since pre-k, when it was private, has been great! He did have an issue with another student, which was eventually handled., involving bullying by a child and having much older children with younger kids because of academic failure, which should never be tolerated. Otherwise the quality of education is awesome! I'm shocked at the "2" rating. You have to be proactive and take responsibility as a parent! If a teacher is not performing, you make it known and shout it from the rooftops! If your child is being overlooked, you bring it to someone's attention! The real deal is that if you are involved and stay informed, your child can be well educated here! My son speaks like a fifth or sixth grader. In terms of vocabulary! He can recite the multiplication table! He can read anything I can read... In the 2nd grade! As long as the standards are kept raised, I am more than satisfied! Submitted by a parent

Lincoln-King Academy 3

Posted June 04, 2013
When can I enroll my grandchildren, and do you have Bus service that pick up the kids?

Posted May 13, 2013
This is my daughter's second year at this school. Her kindergarten year was very successful which is why we came back another year. Her kindergarten teachers were phenomenal. They went above and beyond the call of duty. I really wished they would've looped to first grade with the class. She is now in first grade and is doing excellent. I have already registered her for another year. I really like this school because the teachers I have come in contact with are there for the children; they recognize and praise the children for their hard work (honor roll assembly) and when they display the school's core value for the month, they are nominated by their teacher and their picture is displayed in the hallway;they offer an exceptional amount of after school activities (which I find some schools don't); I can check my child's grades by logging onto PowerSchool. Overall, I think Lincoln-King is a great school. My child is happy and so am I.

Lincoln-King Academy 1

Posted April 23, 2013
Terrible i live completly on the other side of town and this school came highly recomended (prior to Mrs brown) I am a very involved parent as i visit the school almost every day i addressed several issues with mrs Brown as far as saftey (school doors would be unlocked and unattended) also academically when it comes to my son who we discovered has a learning disabilty. All concerns were replied by mrs brown with a smile and a proactive (supposidly) reply VERY FEW THINGS WERE HANDLED im so disappointed my oldest son has had a 6 SUBSTITUTE teachers in his third grade class since september he has literally gone from an A to an F in two classes one called character education he got an F in the teacher couldnt even tell me what the class was for. I have tried speaking with the principal but its like a nice house with no one home. Even the teachers are unhappy with the school and as far as Mrs hardy she is passionate about her job she truly cares for the students and is a no hold bar educator i wish she could be cloned.

Posted April 08, 2013
Overall this is a really great school. With the exception of the afterschool latch key services. Ms. Hardy has a very bad attitude and is very rude to the parents that uses the latchkey service.

Lincoln-King Academy
13436 Grove St, Detroit, MI  48235
Last modified Lincoln-King Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln-King Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.