Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=2664+franklin+street,detroit,mi+48207&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=q5in3umfeno3hc18_ipcvil0d9y=

University Preparatory Science and Math (PSAD) High School

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

University Preparatory Science and Math (PSAD) High School 4816807 5

Posted October 28, 2013
This is the best working environment I've ever been in! The administrators are great and all the other teachers are very helpful and friendly. Love being here!

University Preparatory Science and Math (PSAD) High School 5342293 5

Posted October 28, 2013
This school has students in grades 9-12 for this year (2013-2014). With all the extra-curricular activities, clubs and athletic teams, this is the first year when UPSM HS feels like a real high school. I've been with this District for 6 years; my son went to the middle school first, and I love the care and attention we receive here. This, plus the academic excellence, makes UPSM HS one of the greatest schools in Detroit.

University Preparatory Science and Math (PSAD) High School 5342308 5

Posted October 28, 2013
All the parents of U Prep Science and Math HS support the school's model and appreciate the hard work and dedication of all staff. Parents are really involved here and care about what happens at the school. Principal is very fair - every time I needed to see her, she made time to meet with me. The Emperor is very helpful. They really take care of you and your child here.

University Preparatory Science and Math (PSAD) High School 5309766 4

Posted September 29, 2013
Love this school... the curriculum, the atmosphere, the staff... it's all great!! My son went to both the middle school and now the high school.

University Preparatory Science and Math (PSAD) High School 5192273 3

Posted September 26, 2013
UPSM is a great school. My daughter attends UPSM, and she loves it. I am a parent, I pick my daughter up everyday and there is never any confusion.

University Preparatory Science and Math (PSAD) High School 4645740 4

Posted May 16, 2013
uprep high school continues to grow academically, and has a great staff. love the school!!!!

University Preparatory Science and Math (PSAD) High School 1886581 5

Posted November 28, 2012
My son really began to come into his own here. He transferred from a school in Mississippi where he was just shuffled around. UPSM High School has really embraced him. He has a better work ethic and he enjoys the challenge of his Junior classes. He says this is the best school he has ever attended.

University Preparatory Science and Math (PSAD) High School 4925434 5

Posted September 17, 2012
The rigorous curriculum at UPSM HS is needed to ensure our students will be ready to handle the rigors of college academic work. A recent report by the Alliance for Excellent Education shows that one-third of students entering college need to take remedial or developmental courses, including classes in reading, English or math, covering material they should have learned in high school. At UPSM HS, we make sure this will NOT happen. For struggling students, we have tutoring in each subject, every week. We have math and literacy support staff. Our teachers make themselves available to students before school, during their lunch, and after school. Their level of dedication is irreproachable. Our high school belongs to the Michigan PTA organization (charter of the National PTA), and has to follow all of its policies and bylaws. Membership is offered to all parents for a nominal fee, and members have some privileges: making motions, voting, holding office, serving as chairmen of committees, etc. Regardless of membership in the PTSA, ALL parents are encouraged and supported to express their opinion freely. Parent and student voices are very important to us!

University Preparatory Science and Math (PSAD) High School 4885138 2

Posted August 14, 2012
The program is rigorous, but the staff never makes sure that the student understands the basic concepts of math, science, etc. before throwing them in these advanced classes. Also, was disappointed to learn that a parent has to pay to be in the PTA or their opinions will not be acknowledged.

University Preparatory Science and Math (PSAD) High School 4630480 2

Posted August 31, 2011
UPSM is a great school but it lacks teaching the basics, UPSM doesnt seem to encourage freedom, UPSM no doubt is a good school but it just lacks the proper potential, students are stressed out witch can hinder students from really learning.

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

University Preparatory Science and Math (PSAD) High School
2664 Franklin Street, Detroit, MI  48207
University Preparatory Science and Math (PSAD) High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.