Bad
Good

Thank you everyone for putting up with me for 4 years. -Scott P.S If you're going to join the military, join the Air Force.

We are currently juniors at DHS. We believe that DHS is a WONDERFUL school. I completely disagree with he bullying comment and the diversity comment. It's not DHS's fault that we are in a fairly "white" community. That doesn't make us "not diverse" Dexter is a great school in both athletics and education.

The reason for such a low rating is that this school is notorious for allowing bullying to take place. During my time at this school, I witnessed many children get bullied and nothing was done about it. This is especially apparent Junior High and High school where it's common for the victim to be accused of lying or labeled the bad person if you fight back. During my time at Dexter High school I witnessed several instances of students getting bullied. The ones that stick out the most are as follows. In gym class I was tripped several times by other students when asked to do laps around the gym. When I told the gym teacher about the incident, she said that she would watch them. The next day in gym class it happened again and she said didn't see me get tripped. Despite the fact that my friends and other people in the class saw it happen. I saw another student shout a homosexual slur a crossed the room, in front of the teacher every single day that semester and she did nothing. In the middle of a presentation when the class was quiet a student shouted out an insult, the teacher once again did nothing.

Both of my children have had wonderful experiences at this high school. The teachers are committed to student success. The band program is exemplary. Many award winning programs including ocean bowl, debate and forensics.

Excellent program offerings and sports program. Open to cultural exchanges. Good security systems. My daughters love it. Only weakness would be need more art offerings.

This has been an excellent high school for my son. The principal has a keen understanding of what being a teenager is. Never hear of fights at the school. Students would rather do fun things. Dedicated teachers with wide variety of teaching styles. Although it is a rural area, principal wants students to be competitive on a global basis. Great environment, so far it is the best school my son has been to in US....and we have been in Grosse Pointe, Ann Arbor and Boulder, CO.

Dexter High School provides a diverse program for their students. The administrators cooperateswith colleges and universities throughout the area to offer college level courses to students who want and need that stimulus. The art and music programs are exemplary. Administrators throughout the years have carefully nurtured the children, watched the money and provided superb educations.

Well organized, caring staff; students are college bound, upscale and well-spoken.

I have a 15 year old daughter that attends Dexter High. If your child needs any kind of special help you will not find it here. They have no study classes and no help for your child if they need extra help in subjects My daughter will go to the middle school after school, and go to an old teacher to get help.

We are parents with 4 of our children attending Dexter schools. Two of our kids go to DHS. The curriculum and one one attention are wonderful. Extracurricular activities as far as sports and band are wholly supported and encouraged in all grades in this district< and a wide array of choices abounds here. Activities on a cultural or artistic level are severely lacking though. Vibrantly diversified Ann Arbor is mere minutes away in our our county, yet field trips (most especially at high school levels) are few and very far between. Disciplinary action at DHS also needs to become consistent. I am not sure if the placement of a new principle with no prior experience is the reason for the favoristic wishy washy attitude toward dishing out the punishments or not.

Last modified Dexter High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.