Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

One of the best special needs staff I have ever experienced especially Ms. Sherry & Ms. Mac. If you have a special needs kid going into 2nd grade, make sure you get Ms. Duffner

My child attended Pinecrest all through elementary school. My child has a learning disability and is on the autism spectrum. I can't say enough about what this school offers it special needs kids. Sherry Martin is one of the most amazing teachers I've ever seen. Many times at 9-10 PM I'd drive by the school on my way home and she's there working on her own time to help these kids. Back then, Heather Duffner was a spec. needs teacher. Just as my son entered 2nd grade she became a second grade teacher and my son got her. My son is now in 6th grade and still talks about what a great teacher she was to have. Also that year, Ms. Mac started and she was another huge asset to this school. Like I said before, I just can't say enough about how great this school was for us.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

My daughter needed reading help, they responded quickly and gave her extra help. They came up with a plan had several meetings with me about the progress. She has done well, and is up to grade level now.

Great teachers, nice activities, sports and nice playground, I have had two children attend here and they both did well !!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Love these teachers, they went above and beyond to make my children feel appreciated and involved.

Amount of homework: Agree

They have homework but it's not overwhelming, kids have family time and time to play with friends.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers at this school are great. They work with students and parents. There is a good amount of parent support and coordination with the school and students.

My child was attacked by another student at this school and nobody noticed my childs face had several red marks across it. When i brought this matter up the office staff and principal snickered at how upset I was suggesting this was not a big deal. A student at this school picked up a stick chased my child across the playground and permanently marked my childs face up. When I asked the principal what would be done, i was told it was a mistake, just scratches and no big deal. I anticipated that this would never happen at such a top rated school district, and if it did i expected that it would have been handled in the appropriate manner. I received no resolution, and no communication about this issue after I brought it up. This school seems to only treat minority children this way. Its sad that this school used to be a good school but this year eveything seems to be moving towards the schools worst years.

Not impressed! East Lansing is an award winning school but doesn't much care about the children who are under performing. Asked them to test my child for learning disabilities in kindergarden because he was having trouble learing and writing. They tsaid children that young aren't tested for learing disabilities. This is false, the Federal government has numerous program like Early On that focus on testing children when they are very young for learning disabilities. Don't send you child here if they have any type of learning difficulity. They WILL NOT get the help the need.

I am really disappointed by the irresponsibility of principle as well as teacher. There are many of white bully here and principle and teachers seem to protect them.

Last modified Pinecrest School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.