Bad
Good

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

My daughter needed reading help, they responded quickly and gave her extra help. They came up with a plan had several meetings with me about the progress. She has done well, and is up to grade level now.

Great teachers, nice activities, sports and nice playground, I have had two children attend here and they both did well !!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Love these teachers, they went above and beyond to make my children feel appreciated and involved.

Amount of homework: Agree

They have homework but it's not overwhelming, kids have family time and time to play with friends.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers at this school are great. They work with students and parents. There is a good amount of parent support and coordination with the school and students.

My child was attacked by another student at this school and nobody noticed my childs face had several red marks across it. When i brought this matter up the office staff and principal snickered at how upset I was suggesting this was not a big deal. A student at this school picked up a stick chased my child across the playground and permanently marked my childs face up. When I asked the principal what would be done, i was told it was a mistake, just scratches and no big deal. I anticipated that this would never happen at such a top rated school district, and if it did i expected that it would have been handled in the appropriate manner. I received no resolution, and no communication about this issue after I brought it up. This school seems to only treat minority children this way. Its sad that this school used to be a good school but this year eveything seems to be moving towards the schools worst years.

My special needs child attended this school from kindergarten through 3rd grade. I think this school is one of the best out there and it wasn't until we moved that I really realized how great this school really is. The work these people do at this school for special needs children is stellar. In particular was Ms. Sherry, the resource room teacher, here is someone who is on a salary but when you drive by this school at 9-10 PM this lady is still there working to help children on her own time. Anyway you look at it this lady is my hero. The commitment and devotion the teachers have at this school words can't describe. This school was so beneficial to my child that after moving to Plymouth we actually reconsidered moving back to East Lansing just to put my child back in this school.

Not impressed! East Lansing is an award winning school but doesn't much care about the children who are under performing. Asked them to test my child for learning disabilities in kindergarden because he was having trouble learing and writing. They tsaid children that young aren't tested for learing disabilities. This is false, the Federal government has numerous program like Early On that focus on testing children when they are very young for learning disabilities. Don't send you child here if they have any type of learning difficulity. They WILL NOT get the help the need.

I am really disappointed by the irresponsibility of principle as well as teacher. There are many of white bully here and principle and teachers seem to protect them.

This is our second year at Pinecrest, and so far I am very pleased. My daughters 3rd grade teacher was amazing!!! she came in reading and writing below grade level and now that she is in the 4th grade she is above grade level!!

Last modified Pinecrest School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.