East Lansing, MI

Posted February 04, 2015
My special needs child attended this school from kindergarten through 3rd grade. I think this school is one of the best out there and it wasn't until we moved that I really realized how great this school really is. The work these people do at this school for special needs children is stellar. In particular was Ms. Sherry, the resource room teacher, here is someone who is on a salary but when you drive by this school at 9-10 PM this lady is still there working to help children on her own time. Anyway you look at it this lady is my hero. The commitment and devotion the teachers have at this school words can't describe. This school was so beneficial to my child that after moving to Plymouth we actually reconsidered moving back to East Lansing just to put my child back in this school.
2 people found this helpful

Pinecrest School 2

Posted May 31, 2013
Not impressed! East Lansing is an award winning school but doesn't much care about the children who are under performing. Asked them to test my child for learning disabilities in kindergarden because he was having trouble learing and writing. They tsaid children that young aren't tested for learing disabilities. This is false, the Federal government has numerous program like Early On that focus on testing children when they are very young for learning disabilities. Don't send you child here if they have any type of learning difficulity. They WILL NOT get the help the need.

Pinecrest School 1

Posted October 24, 2012
I am really disappointed by the irresponsibility of principle as well as teacher. There are many of white bully here and principle and teachers seem to protect them.

Pinecrest School 4

Posted November 30, 2011
This is our second year at Pinecrest, and so far I am very pleased. My daughters 3rd grade teacher was amazing!!! she came in reading and writing below grade level and now that she is in the 4th grade she is above grade level!!

Pinecrest School 3

Posted March 10, 2011
This is my first year with Pinecrest school but I've found the communication lacking; newsletters, fliers are sent home too late or on the day of an event. Transportaion apparently has little to no funding so there's no one to answer questions and help a first time parent of a child out. If you want information you really have to dig and make phone calls to get your questions answered. Lack of communication from teacher on progress of child and details of how I can better help. Not awful by any standard but not what I had hoped for out of East Lansing's award winning school district.

Pinecrest School 0

Posted January 07, 2010
great school, lots of opportunities for kids and nice playground/campus.

Posted September 16, 2009
Teachers are able to present material in such a way that students love to learn and enjoy showing relatives and friends what they have accomplished. They actually look forward to going to school and are upset when they must miss a day. I credit the quality of the teachers and the rapport between the teachers and parents for creating this atmosphere which is so conducive to learning.

Pinecrest School 3

Posted June 18, 2009

Posted August 11, 2007

Posted July 17, 2007
The personal attention the students get is outstanding. The staff is professional and loving toward the students and strive to give them the best educational experience possible. I was very impressed with the dedication of the staff from the office to the classroom to the principals one on one approach.

Pinecrest School
1811 Pinecrest Drive, East Lansing, MI  48823
Last modified Pinecrest School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pinecrest School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top