Posted August 26, 2013
This has to be one of the best schools out there. Diversity is such a beautiful thing. My daughter came home every day excited because of the learning not only from the teachers but from other students from other countries. She'd come home speaking the language and teaching me new words and then go back to school and speak with the children in language as well. I knew at red cedar she was safe and secure. The principle there was so nice and my child was very happy. One thing I did notice though is that you will definitely have to facilitate the learning that they receive. Since this is an international school many of the children move at different paces. My child was somewhat advanced for her grade and so I had to work with the teacher to give her assignments that would challenge her academically. It's still a great place to learn. :)

Posted April 30, 2013
Red Cedar is a wonderful school. Children from all over the world attend and mine are always telling me the different languages they would like to learn because their friends speak them. The children seem genuinely happy to be there and my children are always excited to go. I have been very happy with the quality of education, parents are expected to be active in their children's learning (reading program/homework). There are some exceptionally bright students in my son's first grade class and his teacher (Ms. Anderson) does an excellent job teaching to all levels. She keeps him interested and engaged when he would have been bored by the standard first grade curriculum. I have never heard a bad thing about any of the teachers in this school. The principal is wonderful and there are many events throughout the year that encourage the students and parents to engage as a community. It is a shame that this school is slated to be closed due to budget cuts. It has the nicest facility and is the only elementary school not on a busy main road. It is targeted for closing because many students are school of choice or international students and the parents don't vote in East Lansing.

Posted March 07, 2011
Our family moved here from another state nearly three years ago and my daughter has attended Red Cedar for K and 1st grade. I am amazed at the difference in the quality of education being provided at Red Cedar and the one that my older children received in our previous home state. The standards are much higher here, the teachers much more engaging and there seems to be a real family environment. I also like the fact that, everyone seems to know each other here (teachers, staff and parents) without being intrusive. In addition, I like that Red Cedar is such a diverse school. My daughter learns about a new country every week and she has friends of all ethnic and socio-economic status, whom she learns a lot from. We have recently moved and my children are supposed to change schools (I will have two in elementary next school year) but I am hoping to get approval to allow my children to stay at Red Cedar.

Posted February 28, 2011
. Red Cedar is a place where all students feel welcomed, supported and challenged to learn, grow and be their best. We are a diverse community of E. Lansing residents, Schools of Choice and International families who all value high educational standards. The students begin each day with Morning Celebration- an assembly in the gym- where the whole school celebrates birthdays, different cultures, says the Pledge and sings the Peace Song. This school is a hidden gem in East Lansing!!

Posted February 28, 2011
Red Cedar has been a gift to our family! A culturally diverse student population (over 50 countries represented!) makes for a rich learning experience. Our sons' creativity has soared in the nurturing, caring environment where each student is valued. We love the teachers we have had; I marvel at their capacity to teach each child the basics while also encouraging individuals to greater learning. It's well worth the drive!

Posted February 28, 2011
I would pay any amount of money for my child to attend Red Cedar School, if it were necessary! The warm atmosphere, coupled with the high academic standards, make this the optimal learning environment. This is a certified green school with lots of natural light. This structure provides the ideal space for implementing instruction. The principal deserves an award for making school feel like home and for implementing innovative educational ideas!

Red Cedar School 0

Posted May 04, 2009
Some teachers are nice. Some are not.

Red Cedar School 1

Posted September 06, 2008

Posted August 23, 2008
Most of all I liked the requirement for the children to read and the accountability of the parents. The homeworks were reasonable. When my child transferred to a different school, the reading requirement was dropped and the homework assignments were much smaller. That's why I considered the Red Cedar school as an excellent one.

Red Cedar School 4

Posted May 28, 2008

Red Cedar School
1110 Narcissus Dr, East Lansing, MI  48823
Last modified Red Cedar School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Red Cedar School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.