Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted January 21, 2016
The teacher I had the opportunity to experience was irresponsible and unapologetic. She was not an effective teacher at all.

Donley Elementary School 1

Posted January 20, 2016
I pulled my daughter out of Donley two weeks in to the school year! I received a phone call from the automated system saying that my 6 year old was absent from school, but I put her on the bus my self that morning. I immediately called the school to make sure that it was a mistake, but found out that for the first 30 - 40 minutes of the school day her teacher did not know where she was. When I asked what happened, and if the buses were late getting to the school, her teacher told me nonchalantly that the buses were on time, and that she figured my daughter was just late because she was eating breakfast in the lunch room. The teacher proceeded to tell me that she sent my daughter back out of her kindergarten class with no adult supervision to get a tardy slip at the main office. She has two adult aids in her class, but chose to send her alone back into the hallway to find her way to the main office. When I asked her why she did not send my daughter to the office with supervision, she told me that my daughter is old enough to find her way around the school, and that kindergarten students are expected to know their way around by the second week. I later found out that my daughter was wandering the halls with an older girl, during the time that her teacher was not aware of her whereabouts. I picked her up immediately and switched her to Whitehills right away.

Posted February 11, 2014
My school is Donley Elementary School where I presently have 2 first graders and previosly a 5th grader. This school is excellent in all respects. The teachers, principal, counselor and other staff are enthusiastic, motivating and strongly support children socially, emotionally and academically. The level of communication between staff and us as parents is perfect. If the student is doing well or there is a problem, the staff notifify us promptly. Every teacher has been intelligent, patient, and highly motivated to help our children learn as individuals. I highly reccomend this school to any parent. Kennan M. DeWitt, East Lansing.

Posted September 16, 2009
Donley has an awesome team of educators that support and help our students to get ready for their future.

Donley Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2009
My daughter has loved her years at Donley and we have loved seeing her excel! The principal is engaging and available and the faculty are very caring individuals.

Posted September 05, 2008
My daughter attends Donley and my son did for a while before being moved to special needs class in another building. Her first grade teacher was fantastic! I couldn't have hoped for more. The principal is fantastic. We had horrible experiences in the Lansing district.

Posted July 19, 2008
We were new this past year to Donley. They have an exceptional faculity. The principal is very visible and engaged. I found the student body to be kinda 'tough' even only being k-4th grade.

Posted November 01, 2007
Donley is a very good school to me anyways. My daughter just transferred there from a Lansing school and they really are helping her to catch up. There are also many programs to help her during her transition. Teachers are excellent and very helpful with parents.

2961 East Lake Lansing Road, East Lansing, MI  48823
Last modified Donley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.