No rating

St. Thomas Aquinas School

Private | K-8 | 336 students

Living in East Lansing

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $151,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $800.

Sweep tile

Posted June 14, 2013

We could not be more pleased with this school. Our daughter and son go to STA and have gotten an outstanding education. They are miles above their peers both academically and socially who attend public schools in the area

Posted October 4, 2009

Excellent, dedicated teachers, with a strong foundation in the Catholic Faith

Posted October 3, 2009

St. Thomas Aquinas has been an excellent school. It's administration, teachers, parental support, and curriculum have made it possible for our 7 children and 4 grandchildren to serve both God an their fellowman. All were well prepared for advanced education, which includes 2 Dr. degrees (3 more pending), 2 M.A., and 3 B.S degrees We continue to have 2 grandchildren attending this wonderful school founded by Msgr. Jerome V. MacEachin in 1949.

Posted October 3, 2009

After going through nine years at St. Thomas I recognized how lucky I was to attend such a wonderful school. The education is top notch, and most importantly I learned a great deal about God, and developed a relationship with him. I would recommend St. Thomas to anyone
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 29, 2008

Celebrating it's 60th year of producing excellence. My parents struggled to put seven kids through this great school. Six grandkids have now gone through as well. St. Thomas is well rounded, with excellence in academics, formation of the child's concience, arts and music, and athletics. It cannot be beat!

Posted April 17, 2008

Two of my children graduated from this school. My oldest then graduated as salutatorian at her high school and attends the Univ of Michigan and is getting straight A's. My other child who is in high school is also doing extremely well. This school prepared my children very well academically, spiritually and socially for the next level. I could not be happier with my children's experience at St. Thomas and appreciate all of the wonderful experiences and kind, caring teachers and coaches that mentored them when they attended the school. It is wrong to blame a school if your children have issues that interfere with their ability to succeed academically and you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to bring down such a fine and caring group of teachers and administrators at St. Thomas. Go Tartans!

Posted April 17, 2008

After sending several children through St. Thomas Aquinas I could not disagree more with the previous comment. Apparently this individual has children with issues..it sounds like 'sour grapes' to me. Our children are of various learning levels and they thrived at STA. This is a group of dedicated teachers who have risen to the occassion for not only my children but for all children. We have experienced compassion and a strong committment by these teachers to make sure that all students understand this challenging curriculum. The grading scale is tougher but that makes for better students. The administration is progressive and fair. They are extremely proactive...in fact when we dealt with a bulling issue, they wasted no time in dealing with it. I cannot say enough about this fine institution and the strong basis of Faith and Fundamentals that they instilled in my children. My children loved it!

Posted March 13, 2008

This is most certainly not a school of high caliber and almost fell off my chair while reading these reviews. Talk about being snowballed. I pulled my two children out of this school before the end of last school year. They were both academically behind upon entering the public school system. We are all in agreement it was because of an extremely poor foundation of learning. The public school has worked over time to catch them up--thank goodness. Anyone who thinks this school is ahead academically really needs to visit all of the surrounding public school systems and I do not think you will be pleased by what you will find. STA is light years behind. Although the principal is a nice lady she is very ineffective. Teacher quality does not even compare to our public school. I could not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted November 19, 2006

We absolutely love this school. Our children were in the public school system previously (one child for 3 years and one for 1 year) before going to STA. We can compare the quality of education between my son who was in 2nd grade at the public and my daughter who was in 2nd grade at STA. The differences are amazing. My son, who is now in 5th grade, is much further ahead than his old classmates at the former school. Everyone has been so nice and we feel very blessed to be at this school.

Posted June 4, 2006

This is a very good school. It has very good acedemics but the sports programs are very minimal. I was having problems with writing. My teacher gave me extra help. I have become a good person of values and I am now excelling in all acedemics. It is a very good school with very friendly students you right away become part of a tight little family. Having a lot of grades does not reduce the learning quality. Oldeer students have chances to help younger ones. You learn spainish wich is good for career oppertunities. This school is very religous. I am a former student and I miss the school very much.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted September 9, 2003

This is an execellent school of the highest caliber!!! The teachers are very qualified and are comitted to teaching and instilling a love of learning in each child. The principle, assistant principle and remainder of the administrative staff are comitted toward making the school the best it can be. Children and parents alike are known by there names and personalities rather than just another number. The academic program is very strong and well rounded. Children are also taught good moral values and respect for others, behaviors that will serve them well throughtout their lives. Discipline is maintained and bad behavior is not tolerated. Each child is treated with love and caring. There are many extracurricular activities and sports, music and foreign language are also included! Parental involement is probably the highest of anywhere. I highly recommend this school!

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian 4% N/A
African-American 1% 20%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 1% N/A
Multiracial 1% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (517) 351-7271

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Lansing

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

915 Alton Rd