Eastpointe, MI

Pleasantview Elementary School 3

Posted December 15, 2014
If I could give this school a 2.5 star rating I would. Because it just borders the line of average. It's not a bad school but it's not a excellent one either. Class sizes are over crowded as most public schools in eastpointe are. It all depends on the teacher however if she/he can control the class they are usually good. They seem to take pride in their students and school in general however some staff can present better attitudes. If I had a choice I'd probably send my child somewhere else. Again, not the greatest school out there but definitely not the worse.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 15, 2012
Pleasantview may have been a decent school when earlier reviews were posted, but it has really gone downhill. It's downright terrible, and I'm trying to get my kids into another district. Class size is terrible - 30+ kids - and the teachers cannot keep them in line. It appears as if the school sometimes tries to put all the troublesome kids in the same class, but heaven help your kid if s/he gets stuck in that classroom! It doesn't matter if the teachers are great if they have no support from the parents, and that seems to be the case here. My kid's teacher was singing my praises last year and all I did was ask to meet with her a few times to discuss my kid's poor behavior and mediocre grades! Currently the district is accepting School of Choice applications from anywhere in the metro Detroit area, but has closed a number of schools, so it seems to me that the class size issue is only going to get worse. Take your kids elsewhere!

Posted March 30, 2010

Pleasantview Elementary School 5

Posted September 16, 2009
Well the school year just started and we have a bunch of new teachers and Principle and I think they are doing a great job with the kids they come out side and talk to the parents they are really involved.

Pleasantview Elementary School 5

Posted October 06, 2008
If you have a child who is willing to learn, this is the school to go to. The teachers are great. We love Pleasantview.

Posted August 30, 2008
Pleasantview has an very challenging academic curriculum, and the teaching and administrative staff are great. My daughter will be a fifth grader this year, and I have not experienced any issues that the administration has not been willing to address. I believe the school will only be good as the parental involvement, and in my opinion, that is what is truly lacking. I'm not overly involved, but I do know what's going on on a day to day basis, and I keep open lines of communication with everyone.

Pleasantview Elementary School 3

Posted February 20, 2008
I think the school is average. I am not real pleased on how they handle children with learning issues. There isn't much to choose from when it comes to tutoring. I think for the person who wrote about the disrespectful children there, suprise... They are everywhere. Sure, maybe the principal could take a little more drastic steps towards behavior issues but my kids have never seen anything out of the ordinary, every school has their troubled child.

Posted February 01, 2008
I have two boys who attend Pleasantview. Not only am I satisified with their teachers, principal, and cirricular, my sons enjoy going to school. There are a limited number of extracurricular activities, but there are numerous things that Eastpointe itself offers. I agree - parental involvement is core in acedemic success.

Posted July 19, 2007
I have to disagree with both reviews so far. I have had a children in Pleasantview for 5 years now and couldn't be more pleased. The teachers are excellent, and the support staff is very caring. I've spent quite a lot of time volunteering at Pleasantview and getting to know the teachers, staff and principal. In my experience the parents that are complaining the most about what the school doesn't do for them are the ones who are the least involved with their children's education. It takes parental involvement and cooperation to make a school function most efficiently.

Posted January 29, 2007
I would agree that Pleasantview is a horrible school. Its teaching methods do not make sense.

Pleasantview Elementary School
16501 Toepfer Drive, Eastpointe, MI  48021
Last modified Pleasantview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasantview Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top