Eastpointe, MI
Before care: Yes

St Peter's Lutheran School 3

Posted May 15, 2014
I have mixed feelings about St. Peters. Both my children started daycare and pre-k there and had a wonderful experience. They were all very kind and very accommodating. I continued to send my children to their K-8 schooling. Their rules are very 1960's and nuclear family thinking and not very accommodating for a single working parent. They require lots of school involvement most of which is during the day, obviously not good for a single working parent. They watch the clock to make sure you're not late (yes, the parents) and mark you up if you're a second late, but if you arrive ahead of time they're not always there to accept your child even though they say you can bring them in 15 minutes before first bell. I think education they receive is good, but if feels almost too conservative and strict.

Posted April 21, 2014
Our daughter started the 7th grade at St. Peter s for the 2013/2014 academic school year. St. Peter s has proven to be a great school offering a Christ-centered education with a curriculum challenging students to reach their full potential. The teachers are committed to each and every student, and the small class size ensures that your child will get the education and help they deserve. Along with academics, St. Peter s offer activities such as track, soccer, band, choir... Field trips are also taken to enhance the student s educational experience. Our daughter is thriving and loves the school. We highly recommend this school and believe it s worth the investment.

Posted April 16, 2014
My children started St. Peter's as a pre-schooler and infant. It was a tough decision when it came to choosing an elementary school, but we eventually decided to stay with the private school here. We have had the great experience of small class sizes (giving teachers time to help individual students), truly devoted teachers, a responsive management, and solid learning environment. When I compare what my children are learning to what some of my co-workers' children in very affluent areas of Metro Detroit are learning, I find St. Peter's is on par with them. It has been a great experience. Although it's not a new, fancy building, what the children get in education, love, respect, and Christian values is priceless.

Posted February 19, 2014
When we relocated to this area and were looking for a school for our children, St Peter's was the first, and the best, that we visited. Over the past four years we have watched our children grow and excel in this nurturing Christian environment. The teachers really strive to meet each child where he or she is academically and provide them with the tools they need to learn, while demonstrating Christian values and a love of God. The principal greets the children each morning at the door, and really knows each child. Additionally, the small class size, special education support, and class offerings promote an ideal learning environment. Overall, this is a wonderful school that focuses on nurturing each student academically and spritually. I would recommend St Peter's Lutheran School to any parent!

St Peter's Lutheran School 4

Posted February 18, 2014
Our child started at St. Peter's a year ago for the 7th grade. We chose the school because of it's Christian foundation, small size and affordability. The return on our investment has been excellent. We've been very satisfied with the way the school has assessed and responded to our daughter's needs. They have worked with us on so many fronts to help our daughter adjust to the rigor and structure that she needs. This is a safe, multi-cultural environment striving to practice God's word with each other.

St Peter's Lutheran School 4

Posted February 13, 2014
I would highly recommend St.Peter's to any family looking for a Christ Centered education for their child/children. My children have attended both the Early Childhood Center, as well as, St. Peter's K-8 school. The experience has been very rewarding to both my children. Academically, they are doing well and I see evidence of their learning. The Pastor, teachers, and staff seem to have a geniune Christ-like Spirit which I really appreciate. Everything they do and communicate radiates Christian values and I see evidence of this in the communication I have with my children. They too are learning values that represent what my husband and I both display at home and this gives us great comfort. Kudos to St. Peter's. Keep up the Great Job!!

Posted February 13, 2014
St. Peter's has been providing my children with a Christ-centered education since they attended preschool in the Early Childhood Center. They love going to school each day. St. Peter's is like our second family. St. Peter's makes upgrades each year. This year a Science lab and a new computer lab were added. I would highly recommend St. Peter's if you are looking for a loving environment in which to send your child.

Posted February 12, 2014
My second child is currently enrolled at St Peter's. The education that my children have received from the staff here has been outstanding. The quality of teachers and the leadership of the principal is wonderful. St Peter's is also making many improvements and upgrades every year. The sense of community and togetherness is also comforting. Having my children in a Christian environment is very important to me. It's nice to know that they are going to school with other children who's parents feel the same way.

Posted July 28, 2010
St. Peter's is an amazing school that I have been proud to be a part of. The teachers, pastors, staff, and parents are very warm and welcoming. Some of the other posts imply that the school families that are members of the church are snobby and not welcoming. I can pick out the exact families they are talking about, but let it be know to parents thinking about sending their child to this school that these "snobby" families are rare. The vast majority of parents are welcoming and willing to answer questions and help. The small handful of parents with attitudes should not reflect on the school as a whole. What school doesn't have difficult parents? St. Peters is a great place for your child to grow both academically and in faith.

Posted April 02, 2010
I've been at St. Peter's with three kids of all ages for the past two years. I was nervious about bringing them to a new school, but the kids and teachers welcomed them and they adjusted quickley! The church is great! 11 am children sermons, 9:30 Bible Classes, new family ministry Sunday's once a month! I've heard in the past few years of hardaches, but not now! Moving in a great direction for God and for families! Thank you St. Peter's Church, School and Early Childhood Center for being there! Your a gift from God!

St Peter's Lutheran School
23000 Gratiot Avenue, Eastpointe, MI  48021
Last modified St Peter's Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Peter's Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top