No rating

St Thomas Lutheran School

Private | PK-8 | 9 students

Living in Eastpointe

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $60,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Posted February 17, 2014

St. Thomas is a great school. My siblings and I attended St. Thomas from preschool till 8th grade and we were sad to graduate and move on to high school. St. Thomas provided a great education and we left feeling like we knew what we needed to for high school. Not only did St. Thomas educate us but they taught us how to be respectful students. The teachers and staff are nourishing and welcoming to all. They were happy to see you each day and are still happy to see you when you come back to visit, which I do frequently. I would recommend St. Thomas to anyone looking for an above average education in a caring and loving Christian setting. I plan on sending my children there in the future.

Posted January 14, 2014

St Thomas is a fantastic school! I have witnessed my 6yr old grandson kneeling down in front of the Nativity Scene and saying a prayer. He wasn't told to, he just did it. Christian education with Christian action! Amazing!

Posted January 14, 2014

St. Thomas is an amazing place! My son receives a quality education as well as the emotional support he needs to excel in school. The teachers are superb. I'm so happy that we found St. Thomas!

Posted December 9, 2013

St Thomas is an excellent example of a Christian school and Christian environment. I am not sure what the previous persons review was all about. I have sent my children to the school since 2009. Both of my sons are receiving an great education and that is what matters most to my wife and I. Please do not let one persons negative review ruin the chance for your children to get a great experience at St Thomas.

Posted October 7, 2009

I wanted to send my child to a Christain school. After my child spent many years at a premier non christian private school. THe level of smiles that the teachers at St. Thomas were many. But love is an action word. I found the school to be very ridgid and not friendly at all.The parents were not allowed into the classroom without an appointment? I wanted to see the raw teaching style, not a show!. The school administrator seems to be very busy, and not able to talk to you. As anew parent, you should be able to address my concerns. If your child is in another private school with a different philosophy or style of teaching. Do not bring them to St. Thomas!! The school does not know how to welcome a new child. I find this a poor ex. of what Christian is like! This would turn Christ off!!

Posted April 6, 2009

I feel St. Thomas is an awesome school. I went there and so did my sisters and our daughter. There is very loving and caring teachers that not only tell the children about the love of Jesus but instruct in their studies to go on to high school. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Posted April 2, 2009

I cannot say enough about the level of Christain education that is provided at STL. My daughter has been taught by the finest teachers at this fully acredited Lutheran school. THANKS, ST. THOMAS STAFF!!!

Posted March 30, 2009

I believe this school is outstanding. The teachers, aides and support school staff are awesome. They are so helpful with everything. They have been around now for 100 years and hope to see 100 more. I attended preschool through 8th grade and still help any opportunity I have. It is a great place to learn and you will value it forever.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 9, 2009

I took some time looking for a preschool for our son and through another parent I found St. Thomas Lutheran. I must say that it was the best choice I ever made, our son has excelled and we are looking forward to sending him to kindergarten in the fall. The preschool teacher and aides are excellent. Overall this school is awesome!

Posted July 20, 2006

My child attended this school for the second half of her pre-school year. It was a wonderful experience. I loved her teacher. I want to send my other child to this school for pre-school. It wasn't as costly as some schools and the over-all experience was truely a blessing.

Posted July 9, 2006

My child is a student here, and I love it. The entire school staff is a wonderful and loving bunch. There is some gossip that does go on, but that is anywhere you go.

Posted August 25, 2005

The education my children received at this school was amazing. The teachers truely care about their students and take the extra time to include Jesus in that. We left this school because of the lack of parental involvement, gossip, and basic rudeness among a great deal of parents. It is very hard to walk into a school everyday where you know that a great deal of parents will not be there to lend support if needed. Aside from this the administration, support staff, teachers, and aides are priceless.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

African-American 28% 19%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%
Multiracial 0% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mrs. Jacqueline Sturgess
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Fax number
  • (586) 772-6265

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

23801 Kelly Road