Bad
Good

Posted May 03, 2013
My kids have been going to ICA for many years and I love the school. However, with the recent changes made for the 2012-2013 school year, I am starting to think it may be time to leave the school. The structure within the school is what sets ICA apart from any other school. Now the school is becoming more of a public school. Many parents have moved their children out of the school because of this. It is really very sad! I wish the best of luck to anyone who chooses the school.

Posted March 30, 2011
My kids attend ICA. I was eager to get them there and now am questioning if that was the best choice. The teachers are not under strict enough watch by their superior. They are allowed to treat students in a non professional manner. Most employed at the school, I feel don't care about the students individual growth or well being. The school is small and lacks little bonuses offered by larger schools but, has the drama amongst the children due to their lack of peer counseling or mediation programs (things like gossiping, bullying, NO fighting though). The structure in this school is nice but, the professionals are hit or miss. Other than the lack of mediation and some teachers that aren't necessarily the best, the overall of this school is pleasant and academic strengthening (for the most part).

Island City Academy

Posted December 18, 2008
I did not like attending ICA. They did not allow me to fulfill my academic abilities.

Posted November 27, 2008
this school is great! im in 7th grade (been here since kindergarten)

Posted August 21, 2007
I love the small class sizes and personal attention my children receive

Posted March 12, 2006
Small classes, multigrade. Limited extracurricular activities. Traditional, focused education. Fairly high level of parent involvement. I would recommend for students who are not interested in a lot of extracurricular activities and want to focus primarily on academics.

Posted July 18, 2005
I have 2 children that have attended Island City Academy since kindergarten. I chose ICA because of the full day kindergarten and bi-lingeral language. I love the uniforms. My kids have never complained about them. My kids love the small school too. They get a lot of help on subjects. They both excel in Math, Spelling and Reading. I have a close relationship with the teachers and staff. Parent involvement is encouraged. Assignment books are reviewed by parent and teacher each day. Parents provide lunch for their kids everyday so you know what they are eating. My eldest will be leaving in 2 yrs and my dilemia is where to put him for his high school years.

Island City Academy
6421 Clinton Road, Eaton Rapids, MI  48827
Last modified Island City Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Island City Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top