Ecorse, MI

Posted June 24, 2014
Test scores have gone up in four out of five areas where the State of Michigan ranks us. Our deficit is going down. Ecorse is going in the right direction. That is up. There will always be those who will look down upon us no matter what we do. Also, we did this without extra money that other schools received. Further, our Seniors received an enormous amount of Scholarship money.

Posted April 02, 2014
Is making great strides to improve. We have Kaplan to better prepare our students for the ACT/MME. This has produced increased test scores. We have John Hopkins University who have introduced new ways of teaching. More students are taking advantage of after school programs such as Wayne States C2 Pipeline and Robotics. There are great things happening at Ecorse High School.

Posted October 25, 2013
We have instituted a state-of-the-art online system that allows students who were unsuccessful in regular high school settings to achieve academic completion and success via virtual studies 24/7 with business hour one-to-one tutorial and facilitation.

Posted October 24, 2013
My School is a great place to work. It is a small family environment where everyone is involved. The community has a history of having a great steak in the educational process at Ecorse High School. Ecorse is advancing with new partnerships with Universities and Neighboring corporations that will help to further pursue that top notch education.

Posted October 25, 2011
I was a student at Ecorse High School. It was the worst experience I've had during my educational journey. I highly suggest not sending your children here if you want quality education in a safe enviroment. Going here was horrible. We even had police officers patrol the school with no help. There were too many fights, gangs, and teachers who didn't care. Big waste of time!!!

Ecorse Community High School

Posted September 09, 2009
There was a time when you were proud to say, 'I graduated from Ecorse High School'! Everyone is pointing the finger at someone else instead of excepting their part in the fall of our children/students. We must work together in order for anything to work. When the help starts from the top it will have a domino effect and work its way down. But when administration could care less, the teachers could care less about teaching, and the students could care less about learning. The fact is, the high school has simply spun out of control. It takes a village to raise a child, but the village has fallen apart and it's so sad.

Posted November 10, 2008
I am a parent and the test scores is down and have been for the past 8 years and they are not getting better you can look on this site at your test scores all the way back to 2001 and it is sad that you got on her and said that the school is improving but it is not and it is in black and white do not justify why the school is falling apart and the quality of education is not there like it was back in the 60,70,80 tell the truth the state should have been stepped in and took control o i forgot they can not if they are not informed your school never met standard test passing why. parents don't volunteer because staff don't listen to them people feel it is a waste of time.the kids know it does not take much to graduate from ecorse.

Posted April 10, 2008
Why have a dress code when no one adheres to it? Why is it that the directions of the staff are not followed by the students? When this happens, why aren't they (the students) held accountable for it? It is in my opinion that this school be shut down, have the necessary people fired and replaced with ones that actually cares about the welfare, education, preparedness, and outcome of the students here. They are not doing their job if the kids are allowed to do whatever they want. The kids think that they do not have to do much in order to graduate and are boosting about it. Why is it that no one appears to see this as a problem? The students need to be shown that there is a whole world out there & anything is possible, despite the environment that they may be living in at this time

Posted September 17, 2004
Ecorse high school the quality of education has dropped,they does not communicate with the children they don't hear them when they are speaking, because they are to busy talking at them instead of with them. One counsleor is not enough for a high school. You know what is funny to me. I ask my daughter who is a senior now how would you rate your school and she said a -5 because there is no organization to the school there are 25+ in the class rooms from grade 9-12. I want to say the school is the way it is because they think they can do what they want because we the parents are not stepping up to stop them. We are our children's voices. We can make all the differents in the world.We have the no child left behind act on our let use it to help our childrens of the future.

Ecorse Community High School 2

Posted July 17, 2004
I went to Ecorse High School and I don't think it is a good school at all. In fact I would never send my child there. There was some teachers that really cared about you but others did not care if you were there at all. The education was not what it should be. Don't get me wrong I am sucessful now but it took along time to learn things I should have learned in High School. Kids should not be able to skip school and their Parents not find out some way or another. Teachers should get more involved in the students home life as well.

Ecorse Community High School
27385 West Outer Drive, Ecorse, MI  48229
Last modified Ecorse Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ecorse Community High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top