Ecorse, MI

Posted March 27, 2014
very ghetto , no one ever answers if so its like hey whats up, omg never seen a school in this condition(very unhappy) if thou come late ,they lock you out .. something similar to the movie dangerous minds . need to get it together .

Posted March 27, 2014
this school is ridiculous, never seen a school that never answers,they say whats up when you phone really locking kids out when they are late .

Grandport Elementary Academy 4

Posted October 05, 2013
My child went to Grandport for grades 4-7. I am really surprised by the comment I have read on here. While the district does not provide art, music or gym, the staff of grandport offer many things for the children. Teachers stand outside everyday after school and there is an occasional fight but not anything you wouldn't see any where else. I have never seen a staff member allow any fight...ever. They have tutoring and the teachers volunteer. They have clubs at lunch in their classes. They have Fabulous Friday ever week to reward good behavior. When I spoke to the teachers they genuinely cared about my kids progress. What I did see....was parents not supporting teachers. I mean yelling at teachers and the principal in the office when even I could see that their child was in the wrong. Just setting a horrible example of disrespect toward adults and then you wonder why the children don't respect the teachers. If parents worked with the school, grandport could be a top notch school!!

Posted March 06, 2013
Our child attends Grandport Academy and this will be our child's last year at this school. There are no programs (as mentioned below) like art, music, or even gym! I find that our child is bored and unchallenged. Also, my child has received many spelling tests that were graded as 100% - however there were obvious misspellings that should have been marked wrong. Correspondence with the teacher makes me feel as if I'm speaking with an uneducated person. (Using "cuz" instead of "because" and other slang terms). I understand that teachers are underpaid and overworked, but really? Another issue at the school is fighting. There have been several incidents of our child's classroom being completely disrupted due to fights (in and out) of the classroom. One fight was during a test, in which the teacher gave everyone an A on the test out of sheer frustration. (Her words to me). I want our child to earn an education and be given the grades which were actually EARNED!

Posted August 08, 2012
I used to go to Grandport and I thought it was ok. The teachers there are bad. I found that one teacher was a total pervert. He would usually stare at the other teacher's 'areas,' and constantly flirt. Even though he is married. That teacher is very racist and innapropriate. I'm not sure if he works there anymore, because I left last year and I do not regret it. Their substitutes are bad too. One of them actually cussed at the principle and didn't get fired. I do not recommend this school at all!

Grandport Elementary Academy 4

Posted September 09, 2010
I have absolutely no idea what these other people on here are talking about. My son goes here and i am an active parent, I pick my children up everyday of the school year and in a whole school year i have only seen one fight, I love the teachers especially the special education teachers they have taught my son so much and brought him a long way, now as for the principal she has retired and I am very glad for that. So looking forward to what the next principal will bring to the school.

Posted March 12, 2010
I pulled my dughter out of this school.and when ever i went to pick her up there was always a fight.and they did noting about it.

Posted April 11, 2008
The Ecorse School system is not like it used to be I was growing up it was school 3 .i have nephews that go there and every time i pick them up there is always a fight going on in front of school doors once i went to the office and said ther are kids fighting out here why are you letting this go on this is not the first time they did nothing not even go out side to check i was upset and now i have my little one going there next year and i really dont know if i want them to go there to get beat up and nothing will be done i think the older kids should nit go there 6th and 7th grades need to be at another school whats going on in ecorse schools something needs to be done.

Grandport Elementary Academy 3

Posted March 27, 2008
This school really needs to get/be more involved, get it together. I'm very disappointed in the Ecorse school system. I was born and raised in Ecorse. And since I've been back it seems like Ecorse is going down. I may take my son out of Grandport.

Grandport Elementary Academy

Posted January 28, 2006
this school was awsome under martha brown but it has lost alot under the new person in charge.they tell you they want you involved but they do not want you involved.they push you out the door now.

Grandport Elementary Academy
4536 6th Street, Ecorse, MI  48229
Last modified Grandport Elementary Academy is a Public school that serves grades 4-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grandport Elementary Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top