Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Grandport Elementary Academy 5

Posted July 01, 2015
The teachers at this school work diligently to improve students' scores and create differentiated common core based lessons to prepare students for their future careers. The dedication of the staff is inspiring.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 01, 2015
Teachers use the Michigan Model of Health through Wayne RESA to help students with interpersonal communication skills, social emotional skills, and self-management skills. The school also has two clubs: Girls with Pearls and the Gentlemen's Club, that improve those skills.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 01, 2015
The teachers/staff are always thinking about what's best for the students. They keep parents informed and bring parents into the school to get opinions and assistance in planning school events, curriculum, and interventions.

Posted March 27, 2014
this school is ridiculous, never seen a school that never answers,they say whats up when you phone really locking kids out when they are late .

Grandport Elementary Academy 4

Posted October 05, 2013
My child went to Grandport for grades 4-7. I am really surprised by the comment I have read on here. While the district does not provide art, music or gym, the staff of grandport offer many things for the children. Teachers stand outside everyday after school and there is an occasional fight but not anything you wouldn't see any where else. I have never seen a staff member allow any fight...ever. They have tutoring and the teachers volunteer. They have clubs at lunch in their classes. They have Fabulous Friday ever week to reward good behavior. When I spoke to the teachers they genuinely cared about my kids progress. What I did see....was parents not supporting teachers. I mean yelling at teachers and the principal in the office when even I could see that their child was in the wrong. Just setting a horrible example of disrespect toward adults and then you wonder why the children don't respect the teachers. If parents worked with the school, grandport could be a top notch school!!

Posted March 06, 2013
Our child attends Grandport Academy and this will be our child's last year at this school. There are no programs (as mentioned below) like art, music, or even gym! I find that our child is bored and unchallenged. Also, my child has received many spelling tests that were graded as 100% - however there were obvious misspellings that should have been marked wrong. Correspondence with the teacher makes me feel as if I'm speaking with an uneducated person. (Using "cuz" instead of "because" and other slang terms). I understand that teachers are underpaid and overworked, but really? Another issue at the school is fighting. There have been several incidents of our child's classroom being completely disrupted due to fights (in and out) of the classroom. One fight was during a test, in which the teacher gave everyone an A on the test out of sheer frustration. (Her words to me). I want our child to earn an education and be given the grades which were actually EARNED!

Grandport Elementary Academy 4

Posted September 09, 2010
I have absolutely no idea what these other people on here are talking about. My son goes here and i am an active parent, I pick my children up everyday of the school year and in a whole school year i have only seen one fight, I love the teachers especially the special education teachers they have taught my son so much and brought him a long way, now as for the principal she has retired and I am very glad for that. So looking forward to what the next principal will bring to the school.

Posted March 12, 2010
I pulled my dughter out of this school.and when ever i went to pick her up there was always a fight.and they did noting about it.

Posted April 11, 2008
The Ecorse School system is not like it used to be I was growing up it was school 3 .i have nephews that go there and every time i pick them up there is always a fight going on in front of school doors once i went to the office and said ther are kids fighting out here why are you letting this go on this is not the first time they did nothing not even go out side to check i was upset and now i have my little one going there next year and i really dont know if i want them to go there to get beat up and nothing will be done i think the older kids should nit go there 6th and 7th grades need to be at another school whats going on in ecorse schools something needs to be done.

Grandport Elementary Academy 3

Posted March 27, 2008
This school really needs to get/be more involved, get it together. I'm very disappointed in the Ecorse school system. I was born and raised in Ecorse. And since I've been back it seems like Ecorse is going down. I may take my son out of Grandport.

4536 6th Street, Ecorse, MI  48229
Last modified Grandport Elementary Academy is a Public school that serves grades 4-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.