Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

The no tolerance policy only cultivates bullying and hurts more students then it helps.

Effective school leaders: Neutral

Depends on the class and the kids in it some have strong leadership others have non

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

the no tolerance policy is going to end up getting a kid killed because they don't want to get in trouble and choose to take a beating instead of defending themselves.

Develops character: Disagree

Because of the never bending the rules view of its staff the school contributes to making kids better cheaters and lairs then students.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some teachers are good other ones make the school year hell.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Each class assigns homework like they are the only class who does. It also is just busy work and does not contribute to learning.

We moved to the area about 5 years ago from downstate. I can only tell you that I am thrilled with Elk Rapids Schools. The education my children receive is best I have experienced at all levels from elementary school to high school. The teachers and principals are great. I researched schools before moving and I so happy I decided on Elk Rapids for my family.

I had been going to Elk Rapids school district my entire life. Ever since I can remember it has been full of drugs and the main staff only want to help the sport teams. They only care about students if they are on a sports team, such as football or basketball, and could careless about those in the drama department or choir. The send all students they don't like to their alternative high school. They don't care about the students, only their ratings.

This school changed my life. The teachers and staff were the most compassionate, encouraging people I have met. They shaped my standards for education and made me a better student; I know when to ask for a challenge and push myself, largely in part because of my teachers and mentors. Mrs. Reisig is likely one of the best teachers in the state of Michigan, if not the United States. I'm not usually a fan of hyperbole, but this school deserves it. I was sad when Mr. Gallagher retired, but the standard of excellence continues to be high.

I Love this school. its great.its amazing and im happy. you should be too. its beautiful and i smile when i think about it. i love everything about it. i love you.

Last modified Elk Rapids High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.