Erie, MI

Posted June 01, 2014
St. Joe's is amazing! There is no other school that I toured where the children stepped aside to let me through a doorway first or backed up to open the door for me and my kids.....the teachers are 110% dedicated and so are all of the parents! I have 3 children that I will send here and it's worth every penny! We've all made new friends here and the nurturing and growth both academically and spiritually in my kids is why this school is #1!

Posted January 10, 2013
I think its funny that some one can write such a harsh review about such a "terrible" school when they don't even understand the English language themselves: EX: "their (there) is more better schools" wow, no wonder why they think St. Joseph is a horrible school. They probably didn't even understand half the material that was given to their child for home work. I went there for 8 years and it prepared me well for high school, my six years in the navy, and my now college life.

St. Joseph Catholic School 1

Posted January 03, 2013
All I can say about SJS, is that ALOT of bully patrents and nonsense that happends in that so call "catholic school"!! And how funny it is to read ALL the stupidy they say about SJS, especially the same teachers that submit things about this school, get over it ppl!!! Oh, to inform you peoplel that their is MORE better schools out their then just SJS that offers more for your 80 students enrolled!! I will NEVER send my kids to that school, where I can send them anywhere my money is worth sending too!! I give SJS school unsatisfactory!!

Posted October 23, 2012
My name is Shanna Kehoe and I am a teacher at St. Joseph Catholic School. Our staff is great, and are willing to do whatever is necessaryto ensure that each student is reaching his or potential in all subjects. Our school community including the parents, faculty, and staff work together to make this a great learning environment for our students. With being here for 14 years, I can't imagine another school that I would rather teach than at St. Joseph's Catholic School.

Posted October 16, 2012
St. Joseph Catholic School will give your child an exceptional education and faith formation that will last a lifetime! I have two daughters, one is a junior at Saint Mary Catholic Central in Monroe, the other is in grade 7. My older daughter is putting into practice the faith formed through her years at St. Joseph by serving as a youth group leader, commentator, and attending high school retreats. Academically she ranks high in her class, is a member of the National Honor Society and a Student Ambassador. St. Joseph school prepared her well for sucess in high school and into adulthood. My younger daughter is also benefitting from the personal attention and instruction of our committed faculty. She is an altar server and always eager to help out others in need, both teachers and classmates alike. I could not ask for a better place to form the minds and hearts of my children. Sincerely, Tammy Guth As a student at St. Joseph Catholic School, your child will be challenged to achieve their full potential academically. They will receive a foundation of Christian values and learn in an environment that builds responsibility character.

Posted October 12, 2012
Hello, my name is Anne Sweeney. I am married with six children--five of whom are currently attending St. Joseph's Catholic School in Erie, MI (the youngest should follow next year). Mrs. Janet Hardy, our School Principal is faith-filled and bubbly. I believe God directed her to us as she is precisely what our school needed. She is committed to making an education at St. Joseph Catholic School available to anyone who desires it. She believes Catholic education is not a luxury but a choice! Fr. Fred Kalaj emphasizes that God be taught in every subject as He is everywhere. St. Joseph's teachers are very well-educated and wonderful. They, along with Mrs. Hardy, our Sisters and staff care about our kids and work together to try to meet every child's needs spiritually, academically, physically and emotionally. The boys' CYO teams (soccer, basketball and baseball) have been at the top in the region for the past four years. You couldn't find a safer, better environment in which to entrust your children and grow them in our faith. I look forward to the next decade with this loving, God-filled school and community as we have no intention of sending our children anywhere else! : )

Posted October 09, 2012
I am currently a student at he University of Toledo, but before that I attended St. Mary Catholic Central high school in Monroe, MI. I have been fortunate enough to have attended Catholic schools all of my life until college. This began at St. Joseph's, and I believe that created a solid foundation for my education and my faith. I attended St. Joseph's for 11 years, and it was a very positive experience for me.

Posted October 08, 2012
I have two children who have graduated from St. Joseph in Erie and one in the seventh grade. My oldest is a Freshman in college and my middle daughter is a Junior attending St. Ursula Academy in Toledo and in the top 20 in her class. My husband and I are both very pleased in our choice to send our children to St. Joseph and can see the results both academically and spiritually. Whether their classmates attend public or private schools, you can see that St. Joseph gave them a great foundation. The parent support is outstanding, the facility is great, the parish support is remarkable, and the faculty is loving and caring. We are very blessed to have St. Joseph in our community. Sincerely, Joan Benore

Posted September 30, 2012
My name is Christy Mercurio. I am starting my 18th year of teaching at St. Joseph Catholic School. My three boys have graduated from St. Joseph, so I am also a parent. Looking at St. Joseph from a teacher standpoint, I would not want to teach anywhere else. The teachers and staff that provide extra time and effort to make this a wonderful school are outstanding. I would not be able to dedicate the past 17 years if that were not the case. Everyone is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that each student is reaching his or her fullest potential in all areas. From a parent perspective, there is no other school that I would have had my children attend. The close bonds with peers, academic excellence, and faith formation are apparent in the wonderful young men they are turning out to be. All have been honor students and very involved in school, church, and community. The family atmosphere is felt when walking in the door. Family involvement is excellent, and many fun activities are available to participate in. I have heard from others and experienced myself that St. Joseph School has something special like no other school. Come check it out, it's a wonderful place to be!

Posted September 29, 2012
My 4 children attended St. Joes. We started in 1996 and our youngest graduated in 2012. We loved this school. Our kids were proud to attend st. Joes. It is a small school with great parental involvment. The kids all know and look out for each other. The teachers will spend their own time with the kids if needed to help them understand an assignment or for extra help. I absolutely loved our experience with this school. Wouldn't change a thing!

St. Joseph Catholic School
2238 Manhattan St, Erie, MI  48133
Last modified St. Joseph Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Joseph Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top