Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted February 22, 2016
Our son has been attending Beechview since fall of 2015. He is in kindergarten. We just passed 100 days of school. We have seen so much growth since he began at Beechview. His teachers are dedicated and very encouraging. The principal and staff are amazing. I am a Deaf mom. The school has been very positive and supportive in ensuring that I have access to an American Sign Language interpreter for important school meetings and functions. I appreciate that they value communication and work hard at being inclusive. We have another son who will be a kindergartener in the fall. We are excited and look forward to having both of our boys be a part of the Beechview family. We thank the teachers, staff and principal for making Beechview a great place to learn and grow.

Posted January 14, 2016
Beechview is an excellent school with the most knowledgeable and caring teachers and administrators. My son has been in the multicultural program since First grade, and now he's a Forth grader and I must say that this was such a wonderful placement for him! This school has such a welcoming atmosphere beginning with the office staff and most importantly the principal, Mrs. Hernton. I have been a Beechview parent for 8 years now with my two oldest at upper level schools now also in Farmington Hills. Continue to empower our students! Thank you!

Posted October 13, 2015
Both of my children attended Beechview. We were extremely happy with the school, the outstanding teachers and the community involvement. I don't understand why some of the other reviews were negative---they must have had an axe to grind!! Beechview is filled with wonderful, caring teachers.

Posted June 10, 2015
This is a great school with experienced, caring teachers, good parent involvement, and communication from administration.

Beechview Elementary School 4

Posted May 15, 2012
Great teachers and a warm, caring atmosphere. The multicultural program is wonderful and I'm very glad my daughter was a part of it.

Posted April 14, 2010
Beechview is a great School, the kids enjoy learning and the teachers care about teaching.

Beechview Elementary School 2

Posted October 12, 2009
I agree that Beechview has 'some' good programs and staff members. However I have to say that since having my children at Beechview I am very unhappy with the school. I feel that the current trend of this school is becoming unprogressive. The school is no longer thriving. The leadership that I have seen in the school is lacking! The welcome atmosphere is not there. For being an elementary school I have not experienced any warm fuzzy feelings there! It is a very cold and non-engaging environment. I feel that there is a serious lack of ideas and ways to empower parents. And a lot of information the parents should have they aren't getting in order to be empowered. There are so many things lacking with this school. It is so sad to hear of its former glory. Something really needs to happen.

Posted February 10, 2009
First of all, let me say that Beechview has some wonderful programs and staff members. Most of the teachers that I have had the pleasure to get to know are dedicated and wonderful. However, this school has undergone some changes over the years. The former principal, Mrs. Sass built Beechview into a thriving school that people clammered to enroll their children in, acheiving Blue Ribbon Status that was well deserved. Mrs. Sass also had an amazing relationship with the children, to the point of writing a personal note on all of my childrens' report cards. You could tell she actually knew them. Unfortunately, the current principal doesn't seem to be as engaged with the children and it shows. The welcoming atmosphere that used to exist doesn't seem to be there anymore. They need to empower parents and work with them to bring this school back to its former glory.

Posted August 15, 2006
I have had my two children at Beechview for the last 4 years. I have been pleased with my children's teachers each year. Last year was especially wonderful when my son was in Mr. Staulter's class. He is one of the most amazing teachers (not to mention a phenomenal person) I've ever met. He reaches kids in a way all teachers should. I was disappointed his grade level assignment changed and he would not be available to teach my daughter. Beechview has been a wonderful learning environment for both my children. I couldn't ask for more.

Beechview Elementary School 3

Posted February 08, 2006
Great school. I have 3 children in school. I am so excited to be in a Blue Ribbon school. Thanks to our old principal Mrs. Sass who took us there. Do not care for the current principal. Very impersonable. We never see her socialize with the children. She is always in her office. She is not open to suggestions or working with you on how we can improve a situation. She is no Mrs. Sass. Love the teachers. Do feel some improvements could be made in regards to the ability to come and go to see your teacher as you wish. What ever happened to open door policy.

26850 Westmeath Court, Farmington Hills, MI  48334
Last modified Beechview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.