Farmington Hills, MI

Beechview Elementary School 4

Posted May 15, 2012
Great teachers and a warm, caring atmosphere. The multicultural program is wonderful and I'm very glad my daughter was a part of it.

Beechview Elementary School 0

Posted April 14, 2010
Beechview is a great School, the kids enjoy learning and the teachers care about teaching.

Posted January 13, 2010

Beechview Elementary School 2

Posted October 12, 2009
I agree that Beechview has 'some' good programs and staff members. However I have to say that since having my children at Beechview I am very unhappy with the school. I feel that the current trend of this school is becoming unprogressive. The school is no longer thriving. The leadership that I have seen in the school is lacking! The welcome atmosphere is not there. For being an elementary school I have not experienced any warm fuzzy feelings there! It is a very cold and non-engaging environment. I feel that there is a serious lack of ideas and ways to empower parents. And a lot of information the parents should have they aren't getting in order to be empowered. There are so many things lacking with this school. It is so sad to hear of its former glory. Something really needs to happen.

Beechview Elementary School 0

Posted February 10, 2009
First of all, let me say that Beechview has some wonderful programs and staff members. Most of the teachers that I have had the pleasure to get to know are dedicated and wonderful. However, this school has undergone some changes over the years. The former principal, Mrs. Sass built Beechview into a thriving school that people clammered to enroll their children in, acheiving Blue Ribbon Status that was well deserved. Mrs. Sass also had an amazing relationship with the children, to the point of writing a personal note on all of my childrens' report cards. You could tell she actually knew them. Unfortunately, the current principal doesn't seem to be as engaged with the children and it shows. The welcoming atmosphere that used to exist doesn't seem to be there anymore. They need to empower parents and work with them to bring this school back to its former glory.

Posted August 15, 2006
I have had my two children at Beechview for the last 4 years. I have been pleased with my children's teachers each year. Last year was especially wonderful when my son was in Mr. Staulter's class. He is one of the most amazing teachers (not to mention a phenomenal person) I've ever met. He reaches kids in a way all teachers should. I was disappointed his grade level assignment changed and he would not be available to teach my daughter. Beechview has been a wonderful learning environment for both my children. I couldn't ask for more.

Beechview Elementary School 3

Posted February 08, 2006
Great school. I have 3 children in school. I am so excited to be in a Blue Ribbon school. Thanks to our old principal Mrs. Sass who took us there. Do not care for the current principal. Very impersonable. We never see her socialize with the children. She is always in her office. She is not open to suggestions or working with you on how we can improve a situation. She is no Mrs. Sass. Love the teachers. Do feel some improvements could be made in regards to the ability to come and go to see your teacher as you wish. What ever happened to open door policy.

Posted February 07, 2004
I have had 2 daughters here. One in multi-cultural program and one in standard program. They both have thrived. This school has a lot of heart. All staff is fantastic! Each child is a star.

Beechview Elementary School
26850 Westmeath Court, Farmington Hills, MI  48334
Last modified Beechview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beechview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top