Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted November 16, 2015
Outstanding school. Not sure why test scores aren't off the charts at this school. Our oldest daughter has been here a couple years (K-1), and we've been nothing but impressed by the teachers, staff, and principal. Our daughter is a high achiever, and she's well-challenged by her teachers. I'm honestly not sure how they pull it off--meeting each kid where they're at (from special needs to top-most percentile students). We know kids in other highly-touted schools (Plymouth Christian Academy, Our Lady of Sorrows, and High Meadow), and we gladly choose to continue to keep our daughter at Wood Creek Elementary. Another mark of excellence in this school is the Leader in Me curriculum, which uniquely equips kids with critical life skills, and we don't know where else you can get that.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 16, 2015
The teaching staff I have experience with (Kindergarten and 1st grade) seem exceptional. I've heard the same from other parents with kids in the 3rd-4th grade. I feel good knowing my child's teachers are her advocates and truly care for her wellbeing and learning.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 16, 2015
I'm consistently amazed by the behavior of the upper class students (3-4th graders)--they are outstanding. I've seen them rush to the aid of other classmates, especially younger ones, countless times. It doesn't matter if it's in the halls or at an outside event (with less formality). There's something about how this school empowers its students to be responsible and caring citizens, which is just awesome.

Posted January 20, 2015
My daughters and I have had a great experience with Woodcreek. The teachers are wonderful, the administrative staff is very friendly and accommodating, and the new principal is adored by my kids. I love the Leader in Me curriculum that they are using and the community feeling at the school. It's also nestled in a beautiful neighborhood and feels safe and welcoming.

Posted November 23, 2014
Wood Creek has been a great school, with some amazing teachers and office staff. I could not be happier with the education my child gets here!!Go Bears!!

Posted November 20, 2014
Love Wood Creek Elementary. The PTA is great. Parents are involved. The Principal is outstanding. Very diverse adn inclusive environment. Very community focused. I feel like Im part of a family. My kids love coming to school.

Posted April 23, 2014
I have four kids that have gone to school both on the east side and out of state. We moved back to MI and after reading the reviews, I was a little nervous about Wood Creek. However, I am really impressed with everything. As I understand, it was a little rough when they merged with nearby closing schools 3 or 4 years back, but they use a terrific program involving the seven habits of highly effective kids (which my kids apply to their home life as well!). They have a wonderfully active PTA, my kids have joined Math Pentathalon, run club, I am thrilled at the community vibe to the school. When we arrived they immediately had the counselor to help my son with the transition. I love hearing my 1st grade son randomly use the word viscous (correctly!) in a sentence. I am always amazed at what they share with me that they learned that day. The One School, One Book program was really fun-- I felt the school went out of its way to really get each child involved and to have fun with it. I think the teachers are great, the staff is great, the PTA is great, I couldn't be more happy.

Wood Creek Elementary School 4

Posted March 18, 2014
In reading the postings, many of them are outdated and do not reflect the great environment that is now Wood Creek. My oldest child is in 2nd grade, and I know most of the teachers. We have been amazed by their dedication and commitment to the kids and to keeping in touch with parents. One of the best things about Wood Creek is that it is a Leader in Me school. If you don't know what that is, you should look it up because it's a great program that creates an environment of accountability and a skill set that will be valuable to the students all of their life. This program requires a commitment on the part of the staff and the principal, and that commitment is at Wood Creek! The principal, who recently left for a promotion within the district, was very involved and created a team environment with all the teachers. I couldn't be happier to have my children go to Wood Creek. I wish there was a little more parent involvement, but those who are involved are very committed.

Posted April 23, 2013
We have been at Wood Creek since 2010 after transferring in mid-year from a school that we loved. Any transition is rough but ours went SO well. I was sorry to read that some families had a difficult time at this school and had to add my thoughts because that has not been our experience. Our interactions with the staff, from the principle to the custodians and everyone in between, have been nothing but positive. Currently, the staff is going through the Leader in Me training program that "emphasizes a culture of student empowerment and helps unleash each child s full potential (leaderinme.org). Wood Creek is the second school in the entire district to begin this process and now more have decided to follow suit. I find that, like in any school, the families that are involved tend to have the most engaging experiences. (NOTE: I am NOT to claiming that anyone with negative associations from this school was uninvolved). I would highly encourage ANY parent looking into ANY school to get involved at whatever level works for you. It really makes all the difference. I could not be more proud to send both of my kids to Wood Creek.

Wood Creek Elementary School 4

Posted December 08, 2012
We have been at WC for 3 years (formerly at Eagle). We have watched the school improve consistently in those three years. It's difficult to judge a school by the first year after reconfiguration, since everything had changed overnight. We have had fantastic teachers every year, and this year the principal (who is an amazing administrator and always looking for best-practices and new research to help the school) fought the district to bring class sizes down well below any other schools around. She may not be as touchy-feely as other principals, but she supports the staff really well and is always involved in school events. WC has challenges that many other schools in the district do not (lower incomes, higher poverty, etc.) and yet maintains a thriving and supportive community for all kids. Parent involvement is so important for improving schools, so I urge the people with complaints to take action! Volunteer your time or abilities to help the school improve, not just to criticize and complain. A "we're all in this together" mindset will lift everyone up.

28400 South Harwich Drive, Farmington Hills, MI  48334
(248) 785-2077
Last modified Wood Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.