Farmington Hills, MI
Students enrolled: 1,279

Posted May 20, 2014
Harrison has a very strong tradition in athletics. This being the case, some athletically focused families move to the area so that their kids can go there. This socioeconomic twist skews Harrison's test scores to be lower than other high schools in Farmington Hills. That being said, students with a focus on academics can excel here just as much as any other high school in Farmington Hills. They have the same quality of teachers and other resources as Farmington North and Farmington High. Don't let the scores fool you. If you are a good student, you will thrive here.

Posted May 20, 2012
My daughters graduated from Harrison and were very prepared for college. A great school with great students and teachers.

Posted November 25, 2011
I'm incredibly disheartened to see that Harrison is rated lower than both North and Farmington, and I'm sick of it being the underdog. As a recent graduate now studying education, I realize how valuable my experience was. Before attending my freshman year, my parents even discussed moving because of Harrison's reputation, and I'm very glad we didn't. Send your kids here. I know I will.

Posted November 10, 2010
I started 9th grade when HHS first opened 40 years ago. My teachers provided great support & encouragement preparing me for college. My children also went to Harrison High School and I was very please with the support and encouragement they also received. We have all become Independent and very successful with our careers. JOB WELL DONE to the Staff and employees of HHS!!

Harrison High School 4

Posted January 17, 2010
Two of our children attended and graduated from Harrison, and both went on to great academic success at Michigan State University. I can't say enough about the care of the teachers and administration in helping our children become successful adults!

Posted October 03, 2009
Great curriculums and one of the best high school football programs in the country.

Posted September 21, 2009
The teachers are enthusiastic, young, and dedicated to the students. Really a great school for learning. Lots of extracurricular activities.

Posted April 03, 2009
The admiistrative staff has really reached out to the community this last year. The new principal has started several new programs and I have only heard good things about them. The other in-district school he came from was not hapy to see him move to Harrison, he was so well liked there. There is a huge selection of A P classes and the music program is second to none.

Harrison High School 4

Posted December 09, 2008
I attended HHS as a freshman and for half of my senior year, and I consider it one of the best schools I've been to. I miss it and I wish I could go back. The students that attend there get good help from all the teachers and they're really friendly. The staff works hard to make sure the school is in top condition and I've never seen anything bad about the school except for the way some of the students speak.

Harrison High School 2

Posted December 05, 2008
There is no doubt that Harrison has some great teachers, and some great classes. But over all, my four years at the school were terrible. I only stayed at HHS for one reason. The music department. I strongly believe it's one of the best in the state, with very competent and passionate teachers. It's not enough however, to save the rest of the school. The non-advanced classes were easy, and uninteresting, while a lot of AP and honors classes taught you nothing except how to take a test. The theatre department was horrible, and the administration was a mess, and never did anything to help parents or students (unless they were a varsity football player). I have two brothers at North Farmington, and I know for a fact that they have superior academics and staff. I believe I would have gotten a much better over all education at NFHS or FHS.

29995 West 12 Mile Road, Farmington Hills, MI  48334
Last modified Harrison High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harrison High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top