Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Warner Upper Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 13, 2015
A big thank you to Mrs. Laramie and Mrs. Koperski! They went above and beyond to make my daughter feel welcome and comfortable. They really brought her out of her shell!

Posted October 13, 2015
I have had 2 kids go through this school (my second is now in her second year). I am very pleased with the caring teachers who seem to do everything they can to make the day productive and enjoyable. THe extra curricular offerings are interesting--basketball, yoga, and unicycle club to name a few. For the person who said the Assistant Principal was a Gestapo--perhaps that student needed a dose of "Hello! Cut that crap out"!

Posted June 10, 2015
My daughter had a very positive experience at this school. The teachers are very caring and go the extra mile for their students. Communication between the administration and parents is very good. I was unsure when the district switched to upper elementaries whether the change was a good one but based on our experience I think it was a positive change. The upper elementary gives the students a more gradual transition into middle school and allows the teachers to focus on meeting the needs of just two grades rather than three.

Warner Upper Elementary School 2

Posted June 18, 2014
I do not recommend Warner Upper Elementary at this time. There are far too many students (about 1000) of the same age (5th and 6th grades) to have any sense of control of behaviors. The behaviors and situations in the hallways are eye opening. The Farmington School Board needs to understand that their redistricting is not working, and that many people are moving their children to private schools to protect them and prepare them for a positive future. At Warner, there are a few teachers who are truly outstanding. There are teachers who should not be teaching at all -- ever. You will hear of many parents requesting teacher changes at the beginning of the school year. There is a powerful behind the scenes network of parent discussions going on about this situation. We moved to Farmington Hills years ago based on the school system. Now, we are looking to move out based on the school system.

Posted August 24, 2013
I have found all the teachers in this school willing and able to work with the students. This includes before school, after school, and during lunch. Warner has multiple teachers who have expertise in Differentiation and have built their special education programs around this premise. There is co-teaching, direct instruction, and Viking Time. Viking Time is a period where students work on enrichments or receive needed support in areas they are having difficulty. Teachers meet in teams to review data from the MEAP and the NWEA to help guide instructional direction. I feel bad for whoever on here had a poor experience but I have not. I hope that they take their information to the teachers, principal, and teacher consultant. They have always been willing to meet with me.

Posted August 20, 2013
The worst school in the Farmington System! Principal is only a face man and gives all authority to Vice Principal who would have been a great officer for the German Gustopo! Teachers don't spend a lot of time helping kids that can't keep up with the load and expect parents to make up the difference. If you have an child with learning issues, you're better off finding a different school. The "Warner Way" as they call it does not work for a child with special needs.!!

Warner Upper Elementary School 4

Posted August 18, 2013
Overall, I have found that the teachers in this school are working very hard to create a an Upper Elementary school culture. I have seen how the teachers are also working with students with special needs and those that are at risk by using data tracking to determine where more interventions are needed. These teachers seem open to discussion and value parent meetings. I have never had an issue where one was unwilling to let me voice my concerns and meet with me to help work on solutions. Also, this school has Operation Common Good which helps many students in this school and in the district who need support.

Posted August 09, 2013
NOT HAPPY with Warner. Some teachers have serious physiological problems, yell at kids, have no morals. The school has very political principal who has no interest in working with the staff. The politics of the school administration is disgusting. My children' academic achievements had significantly dropped. My youngest has no interest in going to school after a disastrous 5th grade. This is not a good school. If you have any option - DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD in this school.

Posted June 11, 2013
I would give this school ZERO stars if I could. This school is HORRBILE! The administration or teachers have no concern for a child with special needs. They look at these children as discipline issues and push it on the parents! If a child is having difficulty in class, they do nothing except send the kid home with HOURS of homework. The only positive thing in this has been one of the counselors who is the only one who seems to care in this cesspool of poor teaching. It would be worth the sacrafice to drive your child to Power or better yet homeschool rather than subject them to this place!

Posted June 02, 2013
My son has been here for two years and my daughter will be attending next year. I have seen nothing but good things happen at this school. The PTA , principal, and vice-principal are very active and there is always something going on to enrich my child's life. His teachers (Lyons and Farber) are wonderful and caring teachers. He gets a lot of support from them and they work well as a team when needed. I truly appreciate how this school has promoted a healthy environment for my son and have allowed him many opportunities to grow. The teachers attend professional development trainings regularly to help them be better teachers. This is a necessary in many fields of profession as areas of needs change and grow throughout America's educational system. I have nothing negative to say about Warner. I was apprehensive about the change from 5th/6th grade at first but I love it! I don't have to worry as much about older kids negatively influencing my children in the school nor on the bus. The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful when I visit. Parent involvement is key to a child's success in any school and Warner welcomes parents to volunteer and participate in their activities.

Warner Upper Elementary School
30303 West 14 Mile Road, Farmington Hills, MI  48334
(248) 785-2030
Last modified Warner Upper Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Warner Upper Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top