Highmeadow Common Campus School 3

Posted September 10, 2014
I used to send my kid to this school.not now. It is a good ,safe school to send kids.teachers,principal are friendly..entire school is in good lovely atmosphere.kids enjoy it.parents participation is good too.only concern is curriculum is not challenging the kids.i am not sure it is city issue or school issue. I would have continued my kid if curriculum is challenging.

Posted August 17, 2014
HCC is an outstanding place where students learn to love learning. My son attended a pre-school that I adored. I was concerned about finding a school that would be a good transition. I wanted nurturing teachers, a tailored curriculum, a safe and diverse environment. We have found all of those things and more. I had no idea how quickly he could grow into a confident independent learner. His love for learning new thing s has only grown. He seeks out maps, books, newspapers any means to draw comparison to things they talk about at school. One night at bedtime he said he wanted to work on his reading stamina and would read a few pages to himself. He was 5! I am so excited to see what first grade brings. I would not hesitate to recommend HCC to a parent in the district and hope other schools in the area can model some of the great approach Principal Sanders is using at HCC.

Posted March 30, 2014
My son goes is going here from last 3 years and I couldn't be more happy.

Highmeadow Common Campus School 3

Posted November 12, 2013
Kids are nice, well behaved. Parents are actively involved, play a big role in kids education, and that explains their achievements. Some of the teaches are nice, too. But the role of school itself in kids education is rather mediocre. Curriculum is slow, dull and boring, not challenging at all, and insensitive at all to individual needs. Quality is not so great. Rather an empty promise. Kids deserve much better.

Highmeadow Common Campus School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
Teachers and parents work together to get the best for the children. Even the principle helps monitor traffic and helps with lunch services.

Highmeadow Common Campus School 4

Posted February 07, 2013
Great school with high standards and expectations of the students. Very diverse student body, essentially, each class is a rainbow (which I absolutely love). However, I would love to see more male teachers (there is only one in the whole school--the music teacher). I think that children would benefit from a more diverse male/female teaching staff. Also, for the school to be so highly ranked, the children are not taught any foreign languages...for me, this is what keeps this school from being a 5 out of 5 stars. Fantastic school overall, though.

Posted October 29, 2012
The school is great. I would like to see more engagement from the principal. Over the years the school has changed in the tone of it all.However,itremains a very nice school. The strengths of the school are the parents and children. Highmeadow kids stick out in a crowd (this is a good thing).

Posted November 12, 2010
As a first time kindergarten parents we have been very pleased with Highmeadow. The staff's overall enthusiasm for creating a dynamic environment for children and the creativity taken to do that is so far truly stellar. I was concerned that as working parents the opportunities to participate would be limited but have been pleased with the wide variety of ways to become involved. I would encourage any Farmington Hills parent to participate in the yearly lottery to send their child to Highmeadow.

Posted October 22, 2010
I disagree. Our school only had a few changes and the culture is the same. You sound disgruntled to me.

Highmeadow Common Campus School 2

Posted September 15, 2010
This school is getting worse since the new elementary structure. A lot of new teachers from different FH schools are taking over and number of students per class is climbing up. Quality is not as great as it used to be.

Highmeadow Common Campus School
30175 Highmeadow Rd, Farmington Hills, MI  48334
(248) 785-2070
Last modified Highmeadow Common Campus School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highmeadow Common Campus School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.