Farmington Hills, MI
Before care: Yes

Posted September 29, 2014
After 23 wonderful and rewarding years in education at Beechview Elementary School, I have come to realize that I feel just "as home" at Hillside Elementary. I absolutely LOVE the staff that I now call "family," and adore the kids that are in my care. The Ice cream Social was proof of how the parents and community come together to support children and learning!! Where rigor and compassion are the central focus. I am very proud to be part of such an invested and caring school culture......and it all begins with the principal!!! Did I mention that Hillside is also an aesthetically pleasing school with a beautiful landscape?! This is the place for me!!! =)

Posted September 27, 2014
As a parent at Hillside, I couldn't be more pleased with the education my children are receiving. The teachers are extremely skilled and dedicated to meeting the needs of all students. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to join the Hillside staff this year and continue to be impressed by the strong teaching staff who continually work to improve their teaching methods to further increase student achievement. The principal, Pam Green, is very visible and approachable. She provides excellent leadership, support and guidance to staff, students and parents. It is such a pleasure being part of the Hillside learning community! Go Huskies!!

Posted September 27, 2014
I currently have 2 children at Hillside and our family loves this school! We have had the best, patient and most creative teachers I've ever meet working with our kids! Their teachers have found innovative ways to incorporate technology into both their teaching and their many ways of parent communications. Their principal also sets an amazing example for the students of what a kind compassionate leader looks like. She made it part if her mission to help our students raise money for Relay for Life, and can frequently be found self funding other student projects because she believes in our little leaders so much! Hillside also offers many after school activities (Lego club, sports enrichments, foreign language, Math clubs, art clubs, Girl and Boy Scouts.... I could go on and on) to provide opportunities outside the typical school day for both my more athletic child and my more academic child to participate in. As a new family the school and PTA reached out to us making us feel welcome and embraced into our new community. Hillside is like a family to us, and we are so lucky to be part of this AMAZING learning community!

Posted September 25, 2014
I have been a parent at Hillside for 5 years. It is a wonderful school with excellent teachers who care about the progress of their students. The principal, Mrs. Green will always put children first and her love of every student is apparent every day. Although Hillside is a large school, the community is close-knit and caring. Hillside has a very strong PTA that brings lots of great programs to the students. I feel very fortunate to have my children at Hillside and to be part of such a diverse school.

Posted September 25, 2014
I am a new special education teacher at Hillside Elementary School and school culture makes you feel the sense of community from the moment you step in the doors. Staff is very professional and dedicated to teaching all children and making sure their needs are met. The staff works together with the community to support the schools mission. The principal truly cares about the children, families, and staff.

Posted September 24, 2014
Hillside is always buzzing with learning opportunities for the students. Together, the principal, staff and PTA opportunities for students to grow academically, emotionally, and physically. They educate the mind and body by promoting healthy eating and exercise. The principal is the most genuine and kindhearted person. She works tirelessly and wants the best for all of her students, staff and parents. The staff is comprised of some of the finest educators. As an involved community member who has volunteered at this building, I have witnessed firsthand a school that values student achievement and growing future leaders.

Posted September 06, 2014
I am a new resource room teacher at Hillside Elementary. The entire staff is very professional, caring and knowledgeable. I'm impressed with the way the entire staff works together to teach the children effective routines and transitions. The principal listens and cares about the children, their families and the staff. I love Hillside!

Posted September 05, 2014
Hillside School is embraces diversity and is a caring school community. The entire staff is committed to helping all students learn and develop into successful and responsible citizens. The school offers a wide variety of academic enrichments to expand the learning opportunities for the students. The staff meets in weekly Professional Learning Teams to review student data, set goals and plan meaningful instruction. The whole staff goes above and beyond to support the needs of their students. The PTA is an essential partner with the staff. Together they support the school mission and vision. The combined efforts provide a rigorous curriculum for students where they feel safe, valued , and empowered to succeed. Although the building is large, there is a sense of family that permeates throughout the building. Hillside is a gem!

Posted July 22, 2014
As a parent, I am extremely impressed by the teacher dedication, positive atmosphere of the school, and the many extra-curricular activities offered to students. Hillside teachers develop interesting lessons and love each individual child. I'm happy that my child learns conflict resolution with peers in a caring atmosphere and is held to high standards in both academic areas and in her behavior. Teachers take the time to find what works for individual learners and love teaching. The school has a positive vibe as soon as you walk in the door. Hillside offers Girl/Boy Scouts, Green Team, Student Council, Junior Great Books, school wide Spelling Bee, Girls on the Run, student run live TV morning announcements, and so much more. They are beginning to teach the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (by Steven Covey) this coming school year. This will teach children life long lessons. Hillside is a great place to be!

Posted July 18, 2014
I have been a parent at Hillside for 11 years and yes the population has changed, there has been a dramatic economic shift in our area, however Hillside Elementary has stayed just as strong, if not stronger over the last 5 years. The staff at Hillside has worked so hard to keep our children at the top of the academic ladder. We have a huge multicultural population and our family loves that, our kids and everyone else's benefit from that. The principle at Hillside couldn't be more loving and caring, Mrs. Green is a single person running this school, when there used to be an Asst. Principle and a teacher leader. Mrs. Green works so hard with all of our students, she makes sure our students are academically challenged, emotionally cared for and quite honestly that they have food to eat at lunch. Mrs. Green goes above and beyond what her job title requires, I will drive by late at night and her car is still in the parking lot, she cares so much about our children. The entire staff and community at Hillside is incredible, all the way from our secretaries, noon aides, janitors, librarian, teachers and our parent volunteers. Hillside is a beautiful place to be.

Hillside Elementary School
36801 West 11 Mile Road, Farmington Hills, MI  48335
Last modified Hillside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillside Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top