No rating

Mercy High School

Private | 9-12

Living in Farmington Hills

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $94,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $750.

Posted October 30, 2013

Our daughter is a Junior at Mercy this year. I am thrilled that she is at such an outstanding school. Tha Administration is top notch and the teachers are excellent. The school does an amazing job at celebrating each individual girl and making everyone feel that they are equally important to the community. I am always warmly welcomed on campus. Academics, Technology, Athletics, Social Events, Spiritual Opportunities, and Outreach Activities are all exceptional at this remarkable high school.

Posted February 6, 2012

This is a wonderful high school. The staff is so devoted to helping each girl attain her full potential. I can not imagine our daughter having spent her high school years at any other school. She is now in her first year of college and doing well due to the excellent preparation she got at Mercy.

Posted September 17, 2011

I am very impressed so far. My daughter confidence level is very high. Without the stress of male students she is very focus academically and does not appear to be overwhelmed. The staff has been wonderful! It is a long drive from Grosse Pointe MI to Farmingtion Hills MI everyday but it is worth it to make sure she is getting such a outstanding education.

Posted April 3, 2010

I just LOVE this school. We made the best possible choice for our daughter. She is now a junior and we could not be happier.The teachers are wonderful and always willing to help out. Every time I walk into the school I feel welcome. The staff is happy to see you there. You are not made to feel like an intruder but a friend. Our daughter has just started the college process and I know she will be well prepared for what ever college she goes too. (MSU is on her short list) But don't just take MY word for it. Check it out for yourself. They have Open House twice a year for families and Shadow days for girls to visit and spend a day with a current Mercy Girl.

Posted June 4, 2009

I transferred to Mercy from public schooling and absolutely loved it! It was wonderful to have the full focus on academics and extracurricular activities without the silly stress of boys, and even picking out an outfit in the morning. Thanks to Mercy I entered college a well prepared freshman; not one overwhelmed by class schedules or the subject matter, enabling me to succeed and graduate with a 3.90 average. To simply say Mercy is wonderful is not enough, it is an experience that prepares you not only for college and time management, but enlightens you to other cultures, races, and points of view. This was the best choice my parents have ever made for me!

Posted January 7, 2009

Our daughter has just started her sophomore year at Mercy. The school is amazing and strives to meet each girls needs. They always encourage the girls to be their best and to aim high. They help the students to make good class choices and to set high goals. They offer many AP classes which my daughter is looking forward to next year. Go Marlins! Fear the Fish!

Posted June 28, 2008

Mercy High is a wonderfully diverse and interesting school and I'm very pleased with my education here so far (I've just finished my sophomore year). While no school is perfect--e.g. administration can be a little inconsistent--the school has a relatively relaxed atmosphere with a lot of great teachers who really care about students. There are lots of new classes for people of different levels in math and science abilities, so it's easy to make the schedule work for you. I love having off time during the school day and having the tablets, although they can be a distraction at times. (There are still a lot of kinks in the program that need to be worked out.) Mercy gives a lot of work and discipline, but also a lot of fun things throughout the year that make it a really well-rounded, beneficial, and enjoyable place to be.

Posted May 7, 2008

This school is amazing. The atmosphere is amazing and the school really pushes students to succeed

Posted March 22, 2008

Excellent academics, the teachers are strict and hold the students to a high standard. However administration does not seem to fully investigate or think through their decisions. Students are required to purchase $2000 table laptops. They use them in class to email friends and occasionally take notes with and look up information on the internet. Pen and paper would be cheaper and not as much of a distraction in the classroom. They have made national news for their flip-flop decisions: accepting then refusing and again accepting a 'lunch with the governor' fundraiser, allowing the students to participate in a contest to win a vist by a hip hop artist, and then after the students won the contest, the administration decided the artist wasn't appropriate for the school. Refusing a right to life speaker that was invited by the students to speak.

Posted February 27, 2008

I graduated from Mercy last fall and I still miss it every day. It was the best decision I have ever made. Now that I'm in college I have realized how much it prepared me for the real world, academically and socially. Mercy is so diverse and gives you so many amazing gifts to succeed in life! <3

Posted October 19, 2007

My daughter goes there they show you all the assignments that will be due ahead of time and keep you updated

Posted October 15, 2007

Excellent school. My daughter just started Mercy as a Freshwomen last month and we could not be more pleased. She loves the college type of scheduling of off hours each day and the tablet computer. The staff has been very helpful in helping her make the transition to an all girl high school from a co ed middle school. Well worth the money.

Posted September 20, 2007

One of the best places for the money today!

Posted May 11, 2006

As a Mercy Alumnae I am very thankful for the sacrifices that my parents made to send me there. The environment and education gave me a broad foundation and confidence that I hadn't receive before that point. Now that I have a daughter, I have already discussed with my husband sending her to Mercy for all the advantages that it gives young women. He agrees and she is only 2.

Posted January 2, 2006

Mercy changed my life- I wouldn't be who I am today without Mercy. It's a wonderful school. I'm the third generation to graduate from Mercy and hope to send my daughters there. Let's be honest, it's not perfect. I had one awful teacher, and I have some complaints about things in HRC while I was a member. But looking at the big picture most teachers at Mercy are wonderful, you get a sense that they truly care about the students. And when it comes to diversity I feel safe saying you can't get better than Mercy. I will say, if you re looking for a 'traditional' Catholic school, with nuns carrying rulers, indoctrinating religion instead of seeking academic excellence and respect for all people- Mercy isn't for you. But if you re looking for a school that will prepare one for college, and create life long friendships, it is. 150 words aren't enough.

Posted November 30, 2005

If I ever had to say what my best decision was, it would be going to Mercy High School. Mercy was an outstanding school that taught me so much more than anything ever will. At Mercy, girls are taught to accept everyone. We had such a bond that I am blessed to say when I graduated I did not graduate with 199 classmates, but rather 199 sisters. The teachers are incredible and always, always willing to help. I never once woke up in the morning not wanting to go to school. The support system at Mercy is absolutley unbelievable. It is a catholic school, but the catholic faith is not constantly pushed onto the students and I had several friends that were not Catholic. Mercy will always hold a special place in my heart. the motto Women who make a difference, it does just that. I would reccomend Mercy to anyone.

Posted November 30, 2005

At first I did not want to go to Mercy, but when I got there I fell in love with it. My time at Mercy was amazing! I met so many great people, and met some great friends. I love being able to go back and get together with my friends and pick off right where we left off. At Mercy there were so many different cultures, and believe it or not, but different religions too. I learned a lot there, and it definately prepared me for college. The transition was a lot easier, and for that I am thankful. I loved my teachers, and I cannot wait to got back and visit.

Posted April 25, 2005

Mercy High School is the worst school I could have ever chosen! I thought I was going to a private school, where academics would pushed, but instead academics were a joke there! Every day we would have off hours, with no classes. Leading to only having 5 classes a day at the most, with the expection of straight days, which were one every two weeks. I also thought that there would be morals taught at the school, but there were not! Mercy is the most liberal school ever, its worst than going to public school. The girls at Mercy are out of control, there is drugs, party girls, girls also had phsiyal fighting at Mercy and the teachers looked at them and looked away. I am so sad I picked Mercy and I hope you don't.

Posted September 8, 2004

An amazing education provided by outstanding teachers. I have become very close to my teachers and am not afraid to ask for help when help is needed.

Posted September 9, 2003

My daughter graduated from Mercy a couple years ago. I agree with her in saying it was the best choice of high schools that we could have made. Regardless of the all girl school, the students experience such a diversity of race and religions which is good. The Mercy experience is one like none other. The students create such a 'sister' bond which is unlike many other high schools. My daughter still remains friends with her Mercy friends. Their relationships have even outlasted her college experience. I would recommend Mercy as an excellent school with an excellent curriculum and fantastic teachers.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

African-American 15% 20%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 9% N/A
Asian 4% N/A
Multiracial 2% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 2%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Ms. Carolyn Witte
  • All girls
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Fax number
  • (248) 476-3691

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Detroit