Farmington Hills, MI
Before care: Yes

Red Hill Montessori 1

Posted October 28, 2014
Here are the facts. First of all, the owner is very unpredictable. She will praise you and your child one day and is very liable to give you unsolicited, unprofessional, and down right rude words of "advice" during the next meeting. She speaks to parents (and staff) as though they were ignorant children with no sense. Some of the staff members are genuine with the children and teachings while the others are under the owners thumb, afraid to speak up at all in fear of losing their job. Red Hill does not incorporate Common Core in their curriculum which is the the curriculum used by most schools across the nation. Red Hill students (my own and several others that I have spoken with) are appx 1/2 grade level above in 1 or two subjects at their new schools, not "far ahead" as we were made to believe. The staff is constantly changing! My child wanted to know why "all the nice teachers keep leaving us". My childs self-esteem and grades definitely suffered for it. If parents question or challenge the owner with regards to their precious children they are scolded and told to take their children else where and that she doesnt need their money that bad!! Unbelievable!

Posted July 08, 2014
Red Hill has been part of our family since 2009! The owner/director is very passionate and hands on with all the students. She has set high standards for the school academically and works hard to maintain such standards, thus the reason for the turnover (as mentioned in previous reviews). The school focuses its mornings on academics and afternoons on extra curricular activites...dance, art, Spanish, gym, music and the new splash pad! The office manager (Ms Christina) and the teachers are always professional and nurturing! Red Hill, while not a religious school, is very modest. The classrooms are well disciplined, and very productive! My 5 year old is reading at a level 4, working on 3 digit addition and single digit subtraction! My 3 year old son is writing his name, numbers, most of the alphabet and reading appx 20 sight words!! My 7 year old daughter is breezing through 3rd grade math, her language and writing abilities are impressive! We have recently moved but will always appreciate Red Hill for 5 wonderful years of learning, genuine friendships and lasting memories!!!

Posted July 02, 2014
Red Hill Montessori ROCKS!!! The first thing I love about Red Hill is the safety and love that is provided to my child. The teachers are genuine and Ms. Layla the Principal is AWESOME!!! Even the parents and other children are great. All the children get along, which is very important to me besides a great education. Red Hill is very family oriented. Ms. Layla is not just the Principal but has hands on with all the children. My daughter started at age 4 and is now 5; she reads like a pro and enjoys reading. She is doing three-row addition and subtraction. The art, history and science curriculum is great!!! She loves science and history. I hate to say it but I often compare her to my friend s children in the same age bracket or older and she is so much more advanced. My niece started Red Hill at 2 and is reading and is able to hold full conversations. My niece speech and understanding is impeccable!!! My daughter is now in first grade and I can t wait to see her progress.

Posted June 12, 2014
My child just turned 4...she is reading ACTUAL books and doing 3- digit addition. AMAZING! The key to their success is the foundation they create and the individualized instruction. I cannot wait to see how far she will go in their elementary school!!! Some people look for fancy schools that just look pretty, but that is it. Red Hill is the real deal. Worth every penny! I also LOVE their new splash pad!

Posted June 03, 2014
This is one of the best montessori school in Farmington hills. The principal is very good and disciplined and the teachers as well. My both sons attended this school and it is amazing.

Posted January 30, 2014
We had both of our children at Red Hill, and when we moved to a different City, we enrolled the girls in a new school that was right around the corner. It became obvious very quickly that the new school was of a much lower standard - yet it too was a montessori. We returned to Red Hills and despite the two hours we spend every day driving to and fro school, we continually see the benefits. This is THE school for your children to attend. I cannot recommend Red Hill Montessori enough.

Posted May 19, 2013
My daughter attended Red Hill Montessori for the last 5 years, preschool - 3rd grade. My child was very active and a challenge to teach, but the owner, Leila Rotberg-Charlesworth and her teaching staff took the necessary time to ensure a quality learning experience. I shutter to think where she'd be today if she had not attended Red Hill. But now she is a very happy, delightful child who lists reading, history and science among her favorite subjects. Red Hill is more than a typical Montessori as they have a very strong academic foundation, most students are 2-years ahead of public school standards, but they also get a very solid footing in music and performance. They give 2 major performances a year with each child playing a role on stage. As a result, my daughter is very comfortable and confident at the mic. I'm thrilled my daughter had such a strong start in her academic career! I would send her there all over again in a heart-beat!

Posted May 17, 2013
My son attends Red Hill Montessori year round since 3rd grade. He's currently in 4th grade. I really like the education he is getting from Red Hill. The teachers are great and the principal is passionate about education. His English has improved a lot ever since he attended Red Hill. The small mixed grade class room foster tailor made learning opportunities for my son. He is good at math but his English level is only average, so I was glad that he was given the needed challenge in his English. I like the small class size and the low teacher-student ratio too which is something I cannot get from public school these days. My son enjoyed the music, gym, dancing, Spanish, cooking classes that the school offer. The school is open year round even in the summer. Summer program has 1/2 day learning and 1/2 day activities. I prefer this over the all play summer camps which is hard for kids to go back to school in Sept. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted April 26, 2013
One year ago, I enrolled my son, who at the time was 2, in Red Hill Montessori. A year later, he reads fluently. A few weeks ago, he selected one of Dr. Seuss's book and read it cover-to-cover. He is also performing single digit addition, and learning to speak Spanish. This is amazing for a child who is 3 yrs. old. I couldn't be more happier with Ms. Leila and her staff especially Ms. Shawnee, Ms. Lori, Ms. Ghada and Ms. Ryan. Others have reported Ms. Leila as rude and impersonal. I would replace those descriptions with passionate, academically focused, zero tolerance for laziness and excuses coupled with a strong love for children. I love this school and would highly recommend it to others.

Posted April 08, 2013
My daughter & son started at Red Hill in January. My husband and I could not be happier with the choice that we made to send them here. My young son, who had separation anxiety when he started, now loves to come to school. His teachers are so warm and nurturing, and even at his young age I see advances with his language, his fine/gross motor skills, and I see his love of singing blooming. My daughter who is a little older has made HUGE academic strides already in the short time she has been attending. She is learning to write and read words at 3! They even created a "first book" for her with her family pictures and words that she reads on her own every day. She comes home daily talking about her teachers and her one-on-one time with Miss Leila, and I can see her self-confidence growing each week. As a parent, it is so important to find the right environment for your children, and we have found that at Red Hill!!

Red Hill Montessori