Farmington Hills, MI

Posted April 26, 2015
The teachers at this school are wonderful. They teach each child based on their individual ability and give one to one lessons to ensure success! Art work decorates the walls and the teachers make learning fun! The elementary students are achieving quality education and are at least a grade level above state standards. Highly recommend for the education!

Red Hill Montessori 1

Posted April 14, 2015
I had my children at this school and was very pleased with the academics. My children, however, only stayed one month because I recognized a code problem, brought it to the attention of the director, and the response was very surprising, sad, and disappointing. Sadly, I removed my children the next day, but loved Ms Gada and was looking forward to great things there. I hope and pray they have corrected the concern I discovered and that the director has a little more compassion and empathy with caring Christian non-argumentative parents who only have their kids best interests at heart.

Posted March 28, 2015
Red Hill has been great for our son. He is currently 5 yo and has been there for 2.5 years. The teachers take a real interest in him and are very accessible. The low student:teacher ratio helps them spend quality time with all the kids. Our son has been reading and writing for several months. He also is able to do 3 digit addition and simple subtraction. Every day he surprises me with something else he knows. The field trips are great and give a chance for the parents to get to know each other. Red Hill feels like family. I'm glad we made the right choice in sending our son there.

Posted March 17, 2015
Red Hill Montessori is a great school! My son has attended the Kindergarten class for the last 7 months and is already doing 3 digit addition with carrying and reads books. When we visit the library now, he often pulls out one of the early reader books and starts reading to his little sisters. Ms Salma and Ms Megan are truly amazing with the kids. It is obvious that they love their profession and accept the children as they are with all their strengths and challenges. The classroom discipline is exceptional, creating a good learning environment. The children are allowed to soar and depending on each one's ability, the sky is the limit. While there is a strong emphasis on reading, writing and math, the curriculum is well balanced and includes arts, sports, science, nutrition, communication skills and fun packed field trips. Ms Leila, the director, is always available for questions and truly cares about the school and children. We are eager to see the progress of our 3 year old who recently started at Red Hill.

Posted March 16, 2015
I have more than one child at Red Hill. The excellent care & education begins in the infant room. My children were loved and nurtured at RH starting at a very young age. The infant room teachers went above & beyond to care for my children AND they were also exposed to Spanish, Dance, Music, Art, etc. They have grown exponentially with each classroom they have entered. The strong academic foundation & the curriculum used in the Pre-school at RH is AMAZING! Just take a look at the work these kids are doing at their age! The individualized instruction is impossible to surpass. My oldest is now in the Elementary school at RH & she is thriving. The elementary teachers continue to teach each child on an individual basis. There are no rules on how far a student can go...the sky is the limit for our kids. There is no school like RH in this area. At 1/3 the cost of 'other' private schools in the area the decision has been easy for us. I look forward to a fun-filled summer of sports, ice cream socials, swimming, & fun on the school's splash pad. Thank you, Miss Leila, for your dedication & passion for Red Hill. Your commitment to excellence has made all the difference for my kids.
2 people found this helpful

Red Hill Montessori 1

Posted October 28, 2014
Here are the facts. First of all, the owner is very unpredictable. She will praise you and your child one day and is very liable to give you unsolicited, unprofessional, and down right rude words of "advice" during the next meeting. She speaks to parents (and staff) as though they were ignorant children with no sense. Some of the staff members are genuine with the children and teachings while the others are under the owners thumb, afraid to speak up at all in fear of losing their job. Red Hill does not incorporate Common Core in their curriculum which is the the curriculum used by most schools across the nation. Red Hill students (my own and several others that I have spoken with) are appx 1/2 grade level above in 1 or two subjects at their new schools, not "far ahead" as we were made to believe. The staff is constantly changing! My child wanted to know why "all the nice teachers keep leaving us". My childs self-esteem and grades definitely suffered for it. If parents question or challenge the owner with regards to their precious children they are scolded and told to take their children else where and that she doesnt need their money that bad!! Unbelievable!

Posted July 08, 2014
Red Hill has been part of our family since 2009! The owner/director is very passionate and hands on with all the students. She has set high standards for the school academically and works hard to maintain such standards, thus the reason for the turnover (as mentioned in previous reviews). The school focuses its mornings on academics and afternoons on extra curricular activites...dance, art, Spanish, gym, music and the new splash pad! The office manager (Ms Christina) and the teachers are always professional and nurturing! Red Hill, while not a religious school, is very modest. The classrooms are well disciplined, and very productive! My 5 year old is reading at a level 4, working on 3 digit addition and single digit subtraction! My 3 year old son is writing his name, numbers, most of the alphabet and reading appx 20 sight words!! My 7 year old daughter is breezing through 3rd grade math, her language and writing abilities are impressive! We have recently moved but will always appreciate Red Hill for 5 wonderful years of learning, genuine friendships and lasting memories!!!

Posted July 02, 2014
Red Hill Montessori ROCKS!!! The first thing I love about Red Hill is the safety and love that is provided to my child. The teachers are genuine and Ms. Layla the Principal is AWESOME!!! Even the parents and other children are great. All the children get along, which is very important to me besides a great education. Red Hill is very family oriented. Ms. Layla is not just the Principal but has hands on with all the children. My daughter started at age 4 and is now 5; she reads like a pro and enjoys reading. She is doing three-row addition and subtraction. The art, history and science curriculum is great!!! She loves science and history. I hate to say it but I often compare her to my friend s children in the same age bracket or older and she is so much more advanced. My niece started Red Hill at 2 and is reading and is able to hold full conversations. My niece speech and understanding is impeccable!!! My daughter is now in first grade and I can t wait to see her progress.

Posted June 12, 2014
My child just turned 4...she is reading ACTUAL books and doing 3- digit addition. AMAZING! The key to their success is the foundation they create and the individualized instruction. I cannot wait to see how far she will go in their elementary school!!! Some people look for fancy schools that just look pretty, but that is it. Red Hill is the real deal. Worth every penny! I also LOVE their new splash pad!

Posted June 03, 2014
This is one of the best montessori school in Farmington hills. The principal is very good and disciplined and the teachers as well. My both sons attended this school and it is amazing.

Red Hill Montessori