Bad
Good

My child attended this school for two full years, then transferred to North Farmington High school for its better academics. This school has much negative activity that I will not elaborate, and has sub-par administration. Many of the teachers are great, but the administration, school community, and overall curriculum is not in the student's best interest. Do your child a favor and have them sent to North Farmington High School!

I went to FHS for 4 years and graduated in 2005. While, many changes have been made since then(such as the move to trimesters) and I cannot comment on those changes, I can offer my opinion about the education I received. While attending FHS, I never really thought anything spectacular of my school. To me, it was nothing more than average. Upon entering college however (GVSU for 2 years, and EMU for 2 years) I began to realize that FHS had done a great job preparing me for college. I found that I was much further ahead in regards to Math and Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Precalc.) than many students in my university courses. Furthermore, I began to deeply appreciate the elective courses that were offered at FHS such as Comm. Tech, and Advanced Outdoor Leadership that were taught so well and gave me invaluable, practical knowledge.

Excellent school, very impressed with the administrative staff, always see the principal or asst principal at all sporting events they seem to always know what is going on with the students.

Student to Teacher ratios are in the 25 to 30 range. If your child needs any special attention you can forget it happening here. The Principal does not get involved with student academics. I have yet to see him involved with a student who is having touble academically. The timester approach virtually assures a lack of teacher/student continuity.

Farmington High School does not adequately address what the students really need to succeed and move on to a post-high school world. Officials in the schoolboard formulate inflexible new rules, some ridiculous, and most of the new policies are not enforced. Starting March 17th, Farmington will be 'enforcing' a new policy in which any single tardy for any class will result in a one hour after-school detention. Students that are one minute late will have to serve sixty minutes in detention. Those who have trouble making it to school on time, even due to harsh Michigan snowstorms, will be serving their time after school. Also, the beginning of the 2007 school year also encouraged another ridiculous policy: students, with 11 or more absences in any class, automatically fail the class. There are so many more issues prevalent in this school that will continue to degrade the school without compromise.

It's my son's first year at FHS and is doing very well. He had low grades in middle school and I was worried about high school. FHS has worked with him and all of his teachers are excellent and really DO care (unlike middle school). I would highly recommend FHS and so would my son! He loves it as well.

Last modified Farmington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.