Posted August 25, 2014
This will be my son's third year at Longacre. We did School of Choice and chose Longacre and we have been very happy. The teachers are wonderful and the admin staff is great. My son has special medical needs and the school staff has provided us with what we've needed to keep him healthy. We are very grateful to be at Longacre.

Posted August 21, 2014
My school is an amazing place! It's a place where you'll see rich diversity with your eyes and feel the positive energy with your whole being. It's a place where kids are empowered to find their edge; where doing anything more would be too much; and doing anything less just wouldn't be enough. Longacre is the place to be. High achievement is the aim, you'll see. Finding balance is crucial and true. Everyone's learning and everyone's leading, too. With 17 years of Longacre pride, Tracy Goodlesky, first grade teacher

Posted August 21, 2014
When you walk through the doors at Longacre, you immediately know you are in a special place! The halls are bright and cheerful, the staff and students are happy, and everyone is a leader! I have been teaching since 1990 and have taught in several different schools. Longacre is the best of them all! The entire staff works hard to make connections with each and every student. Students are treated with respect, listened to, and cared for as if they were a part of our own families. This past year we were awarded Lighthouse status through the Covey Leader in Me School program. At the time only 89 schools, worldwide, had achieved Lighthouse status and only 5 of those were in Michigan! In order to achieve Lighthouse status Longacre had to meet 144 criteria. Our staff received this award with pride and love sharing our journey with others. We are preparing students for amazing futures where they will shine above the rest both socially and academically.

Posted August 06, 2014
This school is awesome! Who would have thought to teach the 7 habits to elementary school kids. When my kids do their homework without complaining because I asked them if they put first things first, what a school. These are life long skills to learn and better now then as an adult. The teachers are fabulous and the principle is highly engaged. The principle had been selected as the Michigan Elementary and Middle School Principals Association Region 7 Elementary Principal of the Year, which covers Oakland County. The principle is at every extracurricular competition, which Longacre does very well at the local and state levels. My kids love Math Pentathlon but there are many other activities too. Check out the test scores. This is a result of a highly engaged principle, phenomenal teachers, and involved parents. Also the gym teacher received the distinction of being named the Champion for Health Winner of the Governor's Fitness Award. Longacre has the only choir in the district at an elementary school. I have a 4th and 2nd grader. They love their teachers and calling Longacre their school.

Posted June 18, 2014
This is the place where my children look forward to go every day, just because the entire staff has made this school such a fun learning place to be in. Staff is great, encouraging and caring! PTA and staff offer great enrichment programs. Being a Lighthouse school, it has more to offer in coming year!

Posted June 15, 2014
I have 2 daughters that attend Longacre elementary School. I could not think of a better school for my daughters to grow up and become established. The teachers are all great, they all have genuine Care and concern for the children. Mrs. Ellison the Principle is awesome. Longacre became a Leader-in-me School and not even 2 yrs. later became 1 of 89 Light house schools In the whole entire world. Don't take my word see For yourself, what a wonderful school community we have.

Posted June 11, 2014
Longacre Elementary is a certified Leader in Me School with excellent caring staff, involved parents and has won many academic awards for Leadership in the community. Many great opportunities for growth from physical education, music, and extra curricular activities are available for our students. A positive learning environment where children are taught how to become Leaders of themselves and good citizens for our community. Love this school!

Posted June 11, 2014
Longacre is amazing!!!! My kindergarten daughter has been doing 1st grade math for half of the year! I love the diversity and the programs that they have for the children.

Posted June 11, 2014
Longacre is a wonderful school focused on learning and leading. There is a lot of parent involvement which is wonderful to see. My family chose to school of choice into Longacre and every day I am grateful and thankful for her opportunities there.

Posted June 11, 2014
Our family is very happy with the education that our child is receiving at Longacre. Every day children are greeted at the door by one or more smiling, energetic staff members. It is obvious to all students from the moment they enter the building that they are empowered to have a great day. The PTA is active and offers amazing programs for students and families and when issues arise (as they can with young children) the teachers and staff address the concerns with concern and possible solutions. Most importantly, the school is not just "teaching" students but they are preparing the children to become leaders by following the 7 Habits. Children set their learning goals and can identify the steps he/she will use to obtain that goal. We are looking forward to being a part of the Longacre community for the next 5+ years.

Longacre Elementary School
34850 Arundel Street, Farmington, MI  48335
Last modified Longacre Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longacre Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top