Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 16, 2016
Our Computer Programming teacher at the time, the name escapes me because of my memory loss but she had curly hair and gave us a fundamental exercise, and although it was meant to show us that we really needed to break down our programming codes into subroutines and step by step instruction for a program to work, it also thought me how to do it in all areas of life and business. "How many steps does it take to open the door from where you are right now?" write as many steps as you can think of.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 16, 2016
The teachers were great and cared about the students when I attended in the 90's

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 16, 2016
There was a great balance between vocational, theoretical arts and athletic curriculum at this school in the 90's when I attended.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted May 16, 2016
There was a competitive spirit at this school and the instructors at the time were encouraging, motivating, and knowledgeable.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 16, 2016
I don't have enough memory to voice my opinion on this one way or another.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted May 16, 2016
I don't have enough memory to give an opinion on this one way or another.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted May 16, 2016
There was some bullying from the few memories that came back to me but this was 20+ years ago.

Ferndale High School 5

Posted August 07, 2014
Awesome! They have a wonderful OTC that give the student realistic options for a great future jobs. Great Music program, parent involvement. Also the students are great with teens with disabilities. Really hard working teachers!

Ferndale High School 4

Posted September 26, 2013
This is a community school with many opportunities for students. The staff, administration and educators are intelligent, caring and diligent.

Ferndale High School 3

Posted October 06, 2012
My children attend Ferndale Public Schools. I have two children within the district. The curriculum that has been exhibited by the school has been amazing. I have been pleased until the school district decided to change an elementary school from multi-age to open classroom as a whole. In my opinion this was not the best decision to move the school forward. It takes the choice away from the parent. The open classroom instruction from my understanding will prohibit grades. I think grades are a tremendous aspect of the vitality in measuring student knowledge and growth. I need to know which percentile my child falls. Is she/he in the 77th; 85th or 92th percentile. GRADES are important and must be recognized. If and when your child arrives at college grades will be measured and used as a qualifying factor not meets expectations. Meets expectations does not tell me if a I have an A or D student.

881 Pinecrest Drive, Ferndale, MI  48220
Last modified Ferndale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.