Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers were great and cared about the students when I attended in the 90's

Amount of homework: Agree

There was a great balance between vocational, theoretical arts and athletic curriculum at this school in the 90's when I attended.

Develops character: Neutral

There was some bullying from the few memories that came back to me but this was 20+ years ago.

Awesome! They have a wonderful OTC that give the student realistic options for a great future jobs. Great Music program, parent involvement. Also the students are great with teens with disabilities. Really hard working teachers!

This is a community school with many opportunities for students. The staff, administration and educators are intelligent, caring and diligent.

My children attend Ferndale Public Schools. I have two children within the district. The curriculum that has been exhibited by the school has been amazing. I have been pleased until the school district decided to change an elementary school from multi-age to open classroom as a whole. In my opinion this was not the best decision to move the school forward. It takes the choice away from the parent. The open classroom instruction from my understanding will prohibit grades. I think grades are a tremendous aspect of the vitality in measuring student knowledge and growth. I need to know which percentile my child falls. Is she/he in the 77th; 85th or 92th percentile. GRADES are important and must be recognized. If and when your child arrives at college grades will be measured and used as a qualifying factor not meets expectations. Meets expectations does not tell me if a I have an A or D student.

This school should be bulldozed. Maybe it was a halfway decent school 50 years ago, but now it is the bottom of the barrel. It is no better than the worst inner-city school. It is a launching pad for new teachers and counselors who can't get a job anywhere else, or old teachers who could care less, and only want to finish out their time until retirement. The staff here DOES NOT CARE. It's that simple.

I graduated from this school. The counselors did nothing to further my education and the teachers really did the minimum. The safety of the children is a concern.

This is a grea school. My children are new to the district and I am very pleased with the staff and the Ferndale community as a whole. I am very glad I moved out of Detroit, and out of DPS.

I am a proud parent of FHS. I have never encountered anything but the finest from the teachers, counselors, principals, and administrative staff.

Last modified Ferndale High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.