Ferndale High School 5

Posted August 07, 2014
Awesome! They have a wonderful OTC that give the student realistic options for a great future jobs. Great Music program, parent involvement. Also the students are great with teens with disabilities. Really hard working teachers!

Posted September 26, 2013
This is a community school with many opportunities for students. The staff, administration and educators are intelligent, caring and diligent.

Posted October 06, 2012
My children attend Ferndale Public Schools. I have two children within the district. The curriculum that has been exhibited by the school has been amazing. I have been pleased until the school district decided to change an elementary school from multi-age to open classroom as a whole. In my opinion this was not the best decision to move the school forward. It takes the choice away from the parent. The open classroom instruction from my understanding will prohibit grades. I think grades are a tremendous aspect of the vitality in measuring student knowledge and growth. I need to know which percentile my child falls. Is she/he in the 77th; 85th or 92th percentile. GRADES are important and must be recognized. If and when your child arrives at college grades will be measured and used as a qualifying factor not meets expectations. Meets expectations does not tell me if a I have an A or D student.

Posted August 15, 2011
This school should be bulldozed. Maybe it was a halfway decent school 50 years ago, but now it is the bottom of the barrel. It is no better than the worst inner-city school. It is a launching pad for new teachers and counselors who can't get a job anywhere else, or old teachers who could care less, and only want to finish out their time until retirement. The staff here DOES NOT CARE. It's that simple.

Posted January 16, 2011
I graduated from this school. The counselors did nothing to further my education and the teachers really did the minimum. The safety of the children is a concern.

Posted December 01, 2009
This is a grea school. My children are new to the district and I am very pleased with the staff and the Ferndale community as a whole. I am very glad I moved out of Detroit, and out of DPS.

Posted January 23, 2009
I am a proud parent of FHS. I have never encountered anything but the finest from the teachers, counselors, principals, and administrative staff.

Posted January 08, 2009

Posted October 09, 2008

Posted October 08, 2008

Ferndale High School
881 Pinecrest Dr, Ferndale, MI  48220
Last modified Ferndale High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ferndale High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.