Posted July 28, 2013
I like it here yes i has its flaws but its and okay school. I like the academics and the administration involvement . The students are rowdy but in the end its cool i like it and i would recommend it there is a friend there for everyone.

University High School 1

Posted August 30, 2010
Horrible school. The students are ghetto. This school is nothing compared to Ferndale High School. The building is to small, we have no books or extracurricular activities. I'm leaving.

Posted April 21, 2010
I think that this is one of the best school within in the Metro area. We enrolled my grandson because his choices were very limited within the Detroit Public school district. The choices were not good at all. Upon meeting the principal and staff and heard what they had to say about education and students, my husband and myself was very inpressed. My grandson didn't want to go because there wasn't alot of extracurricular activities. Now he's aways talking about the great staff and students. I was also impressed when I got to work and the owner's father appoached me and told me to let my grandson know that he had read in the newswpaper about University High and he had made a great choice in choosing to stay there. I have recommended this school to family and friends. Students are very respectful to the neighborhood as well.

Posted March 26, 2010
this school is horrible we only have books for 9th grade in civics ad biology we have 1:30 min classes and that gets tirin these teachers are horrible they are more worried about cell phones and uniform than the education lately we have been havin petty fights over peples man or woman

Posted March 19, 2010
Very pleased with the schools program. The school offers lots of support for the students and encourages students to focus on going to college and provides great resources to help determine the best college for their field of study.

Posted December 10, 2009

Posted September 29, 2009
My son's first year was interesting because BAMN showed up. However, I chose this school as well as my son because this is a college prep school. It is preparing him for things in life that over the years he is going to need to use! This has been by far a great school and experience for my son. In Tenth grade he has already started preparing himself for college. The kids at this school don't care about looks and popularity etc. They are truly there to learn and it shows! Thumbs up!

Posted July 26, 2009
I love the school.I get to have one on one with my teachers which makes it alot easier for me.

Posted July 21, 2009
The thing I like most are the small interpersonal relationships between the students and the teachers and also the strong focus on academic achievement, versus who is the most popular person on the team or in a club. It's not one of those schools where your child gets lost in the shuffle, when you attend parent teacher conference, the teachers are able to specifically tell you about your child and that's a good thing because by now we know our children/teenagers and we know exactly when the teachers are on point so it's not a guessing game and also the students and parents are encouraged to stay in tune through the snap grades system.

Posted May 01, 2009
My son enjoys going to UHS he likes his teachers and the students. There classes are set up different than most. they spend more time in there classrooms. I recommend this school.

University High School
1244 Paxton Street, Ferndale, MI  48220
Last modified University High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
University High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top