Flint, MI

Doyle/Ryder School 1

Posted November 19, 2014
I was a student at Doyle/Ryder for a large part of my first grade year. My teacher was terrible, she used to talk so quietly that you couldn't hear a word she was saying and then if you didn't know the question she would scream at you! I went to the bathroom once, and when I came back to class, everyone was gone and I didn't know where they went. I went to various places around the school, asked other teachers to help me, but I couldn't find them and no one would help me. On the playground boys from higher grades would pick on me relentlessly, throw rocks at me, push me off high playground equipment, punch me in the face, and many other things. If I fought back, they would run to the teachers and I would be the one to get in trouble. The lunch room was on a higher floor of the building and in the stairwell those boys would try and push me down. Once i fell because of them but everyone walked right past, including my teacher. And when I later tried to go to lunch, thinking the boys were gone, they came out from behind a corner and wouldn't let me pass. This school was terrible, I don't recall learning a thing in first grade until my mom had me switch schools because it got so bad.

Doyle/Ryder School 5

Posted December 10, 2006

Doyle/Ryder School 4

Posted May 15, 2005
Overall the quality of education is great!! As with most Flint Schools, Parent participation is the key. The Challege Program is valuable asset. Not much available in the extracurricular activities, of course due to funding. Overall, highly recommended.

Doyle/Ryder School 0

Posted July 26, 2003
I went to Doyle Ryder from K-6 . I graduated from High School in 2000. Doyle Ryder was the best school that I went to. The teachers there were excellent and the Principal was wonderful. I never had an experience close to what I had in elementary school at Doyle Ryder.

Doyle/Ryder School
1040 Saginaw Street, Flint, MI  48503
Last modified Doyle/Ryder School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Doyle/Ryder School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top