Flint, MI
Students enrolled: 1,245

Posted August 22, 2013
Southwestern Academy is a school built on assisting with the educational advancement of its' and preparing them for college.

Posted March 22, 2011
This is the best school for your child to go to it is very good and very nice. Everyone there is nice, neat and respectful. GO TO S-DUB BABY

Southwestern Academy

Posted October 12, 2010
Southwestern is a safe, healthy environment where the kids are encouraged to excel to their fullest potential. The staff is dedicated to the kids well-being, and are exceptional educators.

Posted July 12, 2010
This school prepared me for college and also gave me life skills. Today i am pursuing my Masters and attribute it to the teachers and curriculum at Southwestern Academy.

Posted June 16, 2008
FSWA is one of the best schools in the district. The teachers let you assume responsibility. No one will ell you to go to class because you have to want an education for yourself. Administration (Mrs. Edwards) was great and she openly communicated with students and parents. Just like in any other school there will be some staff that is more dedicated than others. But there are great teachers. In FSWA any student can be identified by something that they do. Extra-cirricular activities are hughly encouraged and supported at this school. These activities are much more than sports, we have the sience olympiad team, the FIRST robotis team, Business Professionals of America, Bridges to the Future after school activities, and leadership program such as the Unified Sisters or the alpha Esquires. Most of all FSWA inspires change, most students will come one way and leave another. Go Kinghts!!!!!

Southwestern Academy 3

Posted July 27, 2006
Southwestern Academy is a great school in the Flint Distict, but the Superintendent is not all that good. Taking 9th graders out of SWA is very uspeting because I was counting on going to Southwestern Academy next year but as the way the district is going is not great. The varsity boys basketball team made it to the Final four and the fottball team won the city title and more games than they have in a long time. The pep rallies are crazy fun and very loud. This school has a lot of famous people that have came out of SWA.

Southwestern Academy 1

Posted May 16, 2006
That school was horrible. Enough said.Security and discipline was lax, my kid skipped on campus 64 times in one semester, and sat in the cafeteria all semester instead of going to his 1st hour. Also the one time he did get caught, his punishment was a one-day suspension. I'm glad i took him out of there. And they had one metal detector and security at one door, how is that safe?

Posted February 08, 2006
I am a senior at the University of Michigan. I attended FSWA from 7th grade thru 12th grade. I had a wonderful experience with the school. I had both good and bad teachers, but the good out numbered the bad. I was involved in many extracurricular activities including the music program. I have found that being at FSWA prepared me for the university life. FSWA teachers expect high preference on students work, just like college professors.

Posted October 20, 2005
I am an Alumnist of FSWA and after my freshman year of College I understood why FSWA was so hard on us. The School prepared me for the tough years of undergrad and gave me a leg up over other inner city school students.

Posted April 20, 2005
One of the best schools in Flint describes FSA. The teachers expect high performance from the students and your child must have a certain GPA to remain in the school. The child must have an application submitted and be accepted. This means that all students had to have their parents enroll them meaning that these students have parents who are concerned and involved. Concerned parents always make a school better.

Southwestern Academy
1420 West 12th Street, Flint, MI  48507
Last modified Southwestern Academy is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southwestern Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top