Flint, MI

Posted February 03, 2015
Our son attended public schools until entering Powers as a Freshman. The new campus is beautiful. The teachers seem to truly care about your student as a whole person academically and otherwise. The academic program opportunities and advanced classes offered are excellent. As a freshman in his public school, there was only one advanced placement class offered. At Powers the academic ability is taken into consideration and the classes offered meet the students abilities/needs. Our son loves his school and looks forward to being there every day. The students are polite and show respect to each other and to adults. We are happy at Powers and feel a definite family and community connection there. I highly reccomend Powers Catholic.

Posted October 04, 2014
I believe that Powers is the best school in our area. My sister Logan attended the school for high school and has gotten her opportunities that she would've never had. Logan is now in the honors program and Ferris State University and fully believes Powers has gotten her where she is today. I am now in my freshman year at Powers and thought that I would completely hate it, but it turns out I was so wrong. I can finally say, for the first time in 4 years, that I love going to school again.

Posted September 17, 2014
Cruel environment. None athletic students are pariahs. Students were made to feel ashamed or inferior if "nerdy". Bulling a very serious problem. Teachers were mostly coaches who treat no sports students as misfits. Counselors never gave good college or course advice. It was as though I had been written off. Teach catholic values but what is practiced will eventually cause students to leave the faith in later years.

Luke M Powers Catholic High School 2

Posted August 06, 2014
Sports are important only if Daddy pays more than your tuition. The teams are not good because the spots are held for special kids. s The other's aren't even told about tryouts, etc. It's "pull kids that are athletes from outlying schools" and let them sit the bench while the super star money people get their training and spot on the team. Huge crowd from our area Fenton, not very nice young people. They are talking about each other most of the time. Sad for a "Catholic Based" school. Our grades have been calculated wrong several times and we have had to fight for grades. You don't want to do that in High School

Posted June 16, 2014
Way over priced $8,000. A. Year I paid $3,600. For 3 months Teachers failed to assign tutorial help as a needed Great reputation as a comic. Religion teacher failed to inspire or. Educate If your child is a self starter he will do well here. Parents do your homework don't rely on reputation I'm new to. Flint area. Schools Good luck

Posted March 21, 2014
Love the school. All students seem to get along. Atheletics are some of the best in the state. Teachers interact well with students. It's like one big family. Best school in the area.

Posted August 23, 2013
Powers Catholic is the best school in Genesee county. My daughter is now in her senior year. When my family suffered a family emergency I knew that my daughter would be looked after and knew that this school is family. Everyone from the staff to the student support her. My daughter is thriving and is growing up to be a remarkable young women. I know that she is prepared for college and is very proud to be at Powers.

Posted March 21, 2013
My spouse and I are both products of public education and we live in a great school district. That being said, I have been very impressed with the quality of education my child has been receiving. My student is challenged everyday both academically and spiritually. I particularly LOVE that the student body is both socially and ethnically diverse. While no school is perfect, I have met very few students both past and present, who did not enjoy their time at Powers. With their new campus schedule to open in the fall of 2013, I honestly could not see why anyone would not take a hard look at sending their children there.

Luke M Powers Catholic High School 4

Posted March 04, 2013
I have a child at this school and have already had one graduate. According to the one that graduated, they prepare you for life. But, we have noticed favoritism fort the students with important local celebs and if your child doesn't fit that category, you may be surprised to find that the limited-numbered things, sports or extra curricular, they may get left out and it;s obvious and hurtful. With all of that said, my current student wants to remain there. So, maybe decide if your local school is beneficial for a specific student and if not, try it. Just the christian part that makes me sad. No one should be judged at a Catholic school and no one should have power because of what your family does or is. Especially in the Flint area. hahaha

Posted June 20, 2012
While I am a graduate of this school I recently had a child that attended Powers for four years. I am very disappointed in the quality of the educators, the curriculum and the general school environment. First, the educators do not show the level of professionalism one would expect in any school. The blatant nepotism and favoritism shown to those families of influence is astounding and not expected in a school that should be promoting Christian values, excellence and achievement! While the school does tout the fact that they have many young scholars that secure noteworthy college scholarships, I do not believe that the high school has much influence in this regard. I have since sent my other children to our public high school and have been very impressed. Bottom line...save the tuition for college.

Luke M Powers Catholic High School
G2040 W Carpenter Rd, Flint, MI  48505
Last modified Luke M Powers Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Luke M Powers Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top