9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Bullying is not tolerated at all and students are expected to be kind and respectful to one another.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Although it is a private school, there are great resources for students with disabilities through Genesee intermediate school district. Those resources are not just available to public schools.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Leadership at the school has been wonderful. We have high expectations for our students and believe that education starts at home. The principal and other leaders at the school have high standards as well. We highly recommend the school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Integrity, compassion, and respect or something that's expected with teachers, students and parents at the school. We have been extremely happy.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers at the school are highly effective and we've had great success with our students!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I feel the school has a very effective way it's approach with homework. The kids are held accountable and it's great preparation for college!

We absolutely love Powers Catholic school. We live in the neighborhood near the school and are so happy with the rigorous academic program and athletics available to our children. We are not wealthy or privileged and are just down-to-earth people who want our children's education to be faith-based. The ability to take advanced courses and earn college credit has also been a wonderful thing. We don't know a lot of people or have connections and our students have still had great success. Thank you to all of the teachers and as a parent I highly recommend!

School success is based more on nepotism, family financial standing in the community and ability to donate to the school. Many "wannabe's", status seekers and socialites send their kids here so that they can have a chance at being a part of the "in-crowd". As for education, I was not impressed. Arts and music program...you had better be personal friends with the Director or you'll never get a main part. Many of the teachers teach several different subjects and do not have advanced degrees. The kids that attend the school are from families that value education, and in large measure have received good elementary and junior high educations. Powers will claim credit for the success some of their kids achieve but in reality, the kids that attend already have solid educational footings. The best description of the attitude of the parents and students that attend Powers is arrogance and privileged. I would not recommend Powers to anyone. Is it a Catholic School? In a superficial way it promotes and mouths Catholicism. The bullying, nepotism and low academic standards are not what I want for my children. Check out the Advanced Placement Courses and compare the results with a few other local schools. Powers AP classes are 1 semester long whereas other schools spend a year on the same class...no comparison in the results either. Note: I work with students from Powers and other area schools and have had my own children attend and graduate from Powers and other schools.

Our son attended public schools until entering Powers as a Freshman. The new campus is beautiful. The teachers seem to truly care about your student as a whole person academically and otherwise. The academic program opportunities and advanced classes offered are excellent. As a freshman in his public school, there was only one advanced placement class offered. At Powers the academic ability is taken into consideration and the classes offered meet the students abilities/needs. Our son loves his school and looks forward to being there every day. The students are polite and show respect to each other and to adults. We are happy at Powers and feel a definite family and community connection there. I highly reccomend Powers Catholic.

I believe that Powers is the best school in our area. My sister Logan attended the school for high school and has gotten her opportunities that she would've never had. Logan is now in the honors program and Ferris State University and fully believes Powers has gotten her where she is today. I am now in my freshman year at Powers and thought that I would completely hate it, but it turns out I was so wrong. I can finally say, for the first time in 4 years, that I love going to school again.

Last modified Luke M Powers Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12