Bad
Good

Tucker Elementary School 4

Posted June 23, 2008
I am a graduate of Beecher schools and I sent my daughter to Tucker for the Head Start program. I found the staff to be concerned educators who are trying to make a difference in the lives of our childre. We as parents need to step up and help encourage these changes for our kids sake. My daughter received a well rounded education and started kindergarten in another school district and excelled right from the start because of the great education she receive in the 2 years she attended tucker.

Tucker Elementary School 4

Posted September 13, 2004
Tucker school has had a bad reputation but I know for a fact that we are trying to move on. We have new leadership, a new PTO president, new board members and lots of great ideas for the education of our children and it basically starts with a positive attitude. Our #1 priority is our children. We need all the parents, community members, teachers and students to work together in order for any change for the better. Please get involved. We need you and the children need you. Please be positive and supply any ideas or concerns that you might have. Together we can make a huge difference. Let's make it happen.

Tucker Elementary School 3

Posted March 29, 2004
'NCLB' legislation is not designed for accountability but discriminates and covers up schools who the state and federal government keep shortchanging with discriminatory policy. My children have learned in this elementary and have been able to transfer their reading, writing and math skills into other areas. Teaching starts at home, and parents who are actively involved in their child's education will be successful. Teachers face a multitude of challenges and often their leaders are not in tune with their needs. Parents can make a big difference in starting change in policy. So if you don't like what's going on come to the meetings that are held every other week to have your say and quit griping and complaining about what the school is not doing and help make it do what it should.

Tucker Elementary School

Posted January 24, 2004
Unfortunately this school still exsits. We hope that with the new 'No Child Left Behind Act' coming into play the school will be accountable for these children and the way this school is run. If anyone is considering putting their child in this school, I strongly discourage it. I have recently moved my children to a charter school. Now they learn to read and write. In my opinion the state should shut this school down.

Tucker Elementary School 1

Posted September 25, 2003
This school is now in the old summit building and is now called Tucker. The school makes promises about helping your child and dont. In my oppinion this school should be shut down. The principle is doing a poor job of running this school. Im going to be sending my child to a charter school, and I suggest if you got children who go to this school, you do the same.

Tucker Elementary School
G5159 Summit St, Flint, MI  48505
Last modified Tucker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.