Bad
Good

Posted April 14, 2014
I graduated in 1984, and the education I received at FHS lead me to be extremely successful and that is because I had an amazing foundation for my education .

Posted September 11, 2012
I graduated from FHS in 2001 and I can say that my educaction was top notch. They prepared me well for college!

Posted October 26, 2006
I graduated from FHS in 2005 and I can honestly say my 4 years of High School here gave me the preparedness I needed for college. I go to MSU and I use the skills that were taught to me at FHS every minute that I'm in class. The teachers are caring, understanding, and want to help each student do the best they can. They also have a great sports program offering a wide variety of seasonal sports. The choir and band programs are the best in Genesee county. The art program is top notch too. FHS does an exceptional job of including the parents to work towards a better learning environment. I wasn't the most popular kid in school but everyone was polite and respectful to one another. I got what I needed for my future and then some.

Flushing High School 3

Posted August 25, 2005
FHS is a mediocre school. The biggest joke on campus were the drug free school zone signs. I moved to the flushing area from Charlotte NC and I was blown away by the amount and availability of the drugs on campus. I would give this school a better review if they addressed this problem in earnest.

Flushing High School 4

Posted August 18, 2005
When we moved to Flushing 14 years ago from the Grand Rapids area I didn't know anyone. My daughter was in 3rd grade at Elms elementary and my son was 1 1/2 years old. I am so happy that we chose the Flushing area because I meet many of my friends through the school, volunteering at parties and field trips. They also offer Advanced Placement classes for high school student in many different subjects . Now My daughter is a graduate of Michigan State University with a degree in Chemical Engineering and my son is a Jr. and in the Marching Band Program that is known for being one of the best in the State we have wonderful parent involvement at our Marching Band Compititions and Sporting events. We think very highly of Flushing Community Schools and hope that you will consider being part of our community.

Posted September 26, 2004
This has been an incredible educational experience for our child, now a senior at FHS. Academically, we compete with top high schools in the state in the areas of curriculum choices, MEAP test results, and college preparation. Socially, staff and students alike set high priorities on learning and forming a strong school bond. I am so glad we chose Flushing when we relocated from the Detroit area twenty years ago. We couldn't be happier.

Flushing High School 2

Posted July 25, 2004
This high school seems to cater to the wealthy. They don't provide an atmosphere of equality for students who may come from middle income students.

Flushing High School
5039 Deland Road, Flushing, MI  48433
Last modified Flushing High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.